Dawson Reviews

1 Rating

1. Fun place to work!

Current Employee - Floor Set Designer and Stylist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Floor Set Designer and Stylist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Dawson part-time (less than a year)

Pros

creative environment, great people, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Lack of training can make getting started a little difficult.

Training sessions may help employees be more independent and have a better understanding of work flow.

Liars but will find you a job.

Former Contractor - Data Administrative Contractor At NetJets in Columbus, OH
    Former Contractor - Data Administrative Contractor At NetJets in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They will find you a job.

Cons

They lie about what kind of job they are placing you in, the perks, and advancement just to get you to accept the job. My recruiter completely lied when I asked if the job she was setting me up for was data entry (it was) she said no and also lied about being hired on permanently. It was also impossible to get a hold of her most of the time.

Talk some sense into your recruiters. Nobody likes a liar.

3. a pleasant one

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Dawson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It has been a pleasure working with the staff they try hard to keep you working. and I like the flexibility in the schedules and the types of jobs are good for getting experience.

Cons

need a permanent job through a company

keep up the good work

Tragic career move taking a job here

Former Employee - Recruiter/Business Development in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Business Development in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson

Pros

The recruiters are young and outgoing, but have very little experience or knowledge of life outside of Dawson. The management has been there a very long time. The owners took over their Dad's company, which leaves them very hands off, letting the workers earn the dollar without help from above.

Cons

Management is democracy at it's finest here. If you arent an attractive female, need not apply. You will be expected to hammer out plenty of cold calls as management will review your talk time. Over promised and under delivered is their way of business, negative service in the IT department to customers. Much more reputable firms in Columbus other than Dawson, look for those.

Get new managers, actually practice the changes you pretend to implement. Become more active with your hard working employees. Listen and actually BE the change you wish to see vs. pointing the fingers elsewhere. There is absolutely no accountability in management, which trickles down to staff.

The one job I regret entirely.

Former Employee - Minion in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Minion in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson

Pros

Sirius Satelitte radio pumps through office. Hoshizaki ice machine on site.

Cons

The management is terribly out of touch with reality. The founder Facebook's all day long. The Director of IT is very agressive, very pushy and demeans his staff verbally. He micromanages to an uncomfortable level. He has a very limited professional background. He is also very loud and verbose. I would strongly recommend that any true professional avoid this company altogether.

Stop treating people like dollar signs.

7. The best search and staffing firm I have every worked with.

I have been working at Dawson

Pros

The goal is to help BOTH the candidate and the client at all costs. The experience is uplifting and informative. The staff is engaged and driven to succeed for you.

Cons

Since it is a team the silo work style is not encourage so if you are not collaborative by nature it would not be a good spot for you.

Keep doing what you are doing just more of it. The team is strong and will be getting stronger and stronger.