Daxko Reviews

Updated April 22, 2014
Updated April 22, 2014
3.6

David Gray

Great benefits and casual environment with great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaboration is excellent between teams and the culture is uncanny. Benefits package is also excellent for a small company. Open door policy truly means that and all senior management is engaging and easy to talk to.

Cons

Promotion process tends to favor some with not enough experience or the right networking skills. While this is problematic in ways, they do tend to promote from within allowing opportunities.

Keep employees in the loop on management changes and allow for feedback on possible vision changes.

Great culture, tough work

I have been working at Daxko

Pros

The culture is great and allows people to be themselves. The benefits are good.

Cons

Management does not quickly replace resources that leave so the work is just divided between other team members who already have more than enough work to accomplish.

Pay more attention to work life balance. Don't keep expecting employees to continue to sacrifice their personal lives to meet demands caused by improper planning.

Exciting Times at a Growing Company

Current Employee - Sales  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at Daxko for many years and I have seen the pains and discomforts that come with rapid changes at a fast growing company. I have also seen the pay-off and rewards and huge successes that come with the willingness to change and adapt as the company makes shifts to meet the demands of the market and continue rapidly growing. I love it here. Daxko, like any other company, is not perfect, but I completely trust the leadership and I am "on board" with the changes we make to find the best solutions for our customers.

We have a very customer-driven and focused team that works in harmony with one another. Quite frankly, I feel spoiled by the benefits of working here and having worked other places, I can't imagine ever wanting to go anywhere else.

In the past 2 years Daxko has changed it's approach to openness with products, openness to customers, and complete transparency with our roadmap, our plans, our successes, and our failures. Entrepreneurship has truly become part of who we are again and we are getting products into the hands of customers faster than ever before.

It really is an exciting time to be here. I feel very much set up for success and feel I have a great grasp on what we're about and where we're headed. Reading past reviews made me feel compelled to write this because it seemed apparent that the older reviews didn't reflect the changes we've had in openness and transparency.

Cons

If you aren't comfortable with change, you will likely struggle here, but if you see change as opportunity for growth and you're willing to stick it out, you can be very successful at a rapidly growing company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A small tech company with average products/services + a great marketing department and a fresh young culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Daxko full-time

Pros

DAXKO offers a creative work environment with strong team member development opportunities. The marketing department does a great job of branding the company and the CEO is totally focused on creating a fresh and innovative company culture (modeled after many of the mega-successful/hip tech companies along the East coast i.e Google). This is appealing to young talent and they attract some very dynamic employees. Each team member is made to feel equally important and given a sense of ownership. The work feels meaningful and can be a lot of fun.

Cons

Small company with a big ego -- often unable to carry out lofty plans and promises it makes to clients and employees. Lack of maturity/strength on leadership team leading to poor decisions and product/service quality issues. Too much focus on being a "cool" company at the expense of all else.

Exciting culture-driven organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Daxko full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very casual, yet still intense work environment. Most creative and capable co-workers ever in my career. Great workplace benefits. Flexible work opportunities, and potential to move to other positions within the company.

Cons

Culture sometimes dictates decisions, at the expense of business-driven facts. Seems to have a sever lack of focus at times, leading to wasteful decisions. Previous workplace experience is under-valued.

Focus on what you do well

Good, but...

Current Employee - Member Engagement Team Member  in  Homewood, AL
    Current Employee - Member Engagement Team Member in Homewood, AL

I have been working at Daxko part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free weekly lunches, free soft drinks, modern work environment, casual dress, reliable schedule, sense of community, laid back, reachable goals, good pay

Cons

Worthy candidates are sometimes overlooked for possible advancement because upper level staff are busy playing favorites. Not enough recognition is given for those who work hard to exceed their goals and be team players.

The management of the Impact Services department should invest in the talent that they have instead of playing favorites. There are plenty of employees who work hard and get no recognition, and have no chance for advancement.

Great company with awesome people

Current Employee - Production Support Engineer  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Production Support Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, but hardworking co-workers. Innovative and creative technical and customer experience teams. Great culture. Good benefits. Located in a good city. Rapid changes at the company can create new opportunities.

Cons

Working a lot at times. Rapid change and swift decision making can sometimes not work in your favor.

Daxko is a fantastic, growing company committed to serving the market.

Current Employee - Production Support Engineer  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Production Support Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko

Pros

Daxko challenges me everyday to learn new things and be a better engineer. I'm exposed to new technologies and surrounded by very talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. On top of my daily role, I get money every year to allocate as I see fit towards my professional development.

The other benefits are great too! Good health coverage, free soft drinks, family lunches, casual dress code, impact day where we shut down 2 days a year to serve our community - all that adds up to a company committed to its employees and providing rewarding careers.

A fantastic building to work in laden with cool conference rooms and outside of the box meeting spaces is refreshing after coming from corporate America.

Cons

While Daxko rocks, it certainly isn't perfect and we know that. We have a tendency to focus on urgent issues sometimes instead of addressing more important long-term issues.

There's been a lot of growth recently and a challenge Daxko faces is integrating new service offerings into the core business. The effort to fix this is good, but sometimes it doesn't blend well.

Keep investing in employees. Our culture is our greatest asset and Daxko has to continue to invest in the things that make our culture great!

All talk, little action.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko

Pros

Excellent benefits, especially if you have a spouse and/or children. It costs on average of $200 per month for great coverage. In addition, I leave for mid-day or early morning appointments many times without any problem. Daxko wants you to take care of your family and yourself first.

Wonderful vacation plans. While vacation time is accrued, you receive 3 weeks in week one. After 7 years you get a full month sabbatical in addition to your existing vacation. Full pay for both; it's what everyone aspires to receive.

A sense of family. We have "family lunches" once per week. While the food sometimes lacks in quality, it is a fun experience nonetheless. It's free, and free food and drinks are the norm at Daxko.

Daxko fully embraces the work/life balance. Wearing shorts and flip-flops on Monday is common place. Management wants you to be as happy throughout your day as possible to ensure that you are productive in your job. That's the best part about my job is being able to hop out of bed and head to work without the usual pain of pressed shirts and slacks.

Cons

Poor leadership. Individuals who oversaw Daxko's growth have not found a way to continue that success. Unfortunately, through a conflict of interests, some cannot be terminated or let go. I won't say any more about this.

Shortsightedness is going to ruin the Daxko model. In the span of 18 months Daxko bought T2 (a YMCA consulting firm), leased a new office space, and bought/halted development on a software product for the nonprofit associations market. During that same period Daxko received hundreds of customer complaints to address significant bugs in its core software, Daxko Operations. Daxko chose what appeared to be hypothetical growth and culture over customer satisfaction.

Management's concern for Daxko's perception seem to outweigh their perceptions their customers have of Daxko. Daxko's image is more important than their performance. Never was this more evident than when Daxko was, for the first time in years left off the Birmingham Business Review's 'Best Places to Work' in 2011.

Be honest. Attempting to spin issues to employees is even worse than spinning it to customers. The more you attempt to disguise what transitions are actually going on, around us the more we lose faith in your actions.

It's okay if we're not #1... we just want to feel confident in our public perception, both with customers and in Birmingham. Be a good company before you worry about being known as one.

Time wasting shouldn't be described as "company-wide meetings". Don't pull engineers, sales reps, etc., away from their work to serve peanut butter sandwiches and speak for an hour about something that could be sent in an email. Most of us are still concerned that future layoffs could happen and we want to ensure that every minute counts.

Grade School All Over Again

I worked at Daxko

Pros

Benefits were competitive. Good quality of life. It's a great place to work if value your time.

Cons

The CEO spends too much time talking about "The Next Best Thing" instead of making clients happy. They have no pragmatic roadmap for either the Y or Association product. I have been told they exited the assoc space. That doesn't surprise. Poor management and not understanding the maket gives you zero path to profitability.

Understand your market(s). Your customers own you. You need to start driving innovation or Netventures will continue to take your customers.

Worked for Daxko? Contribute to the Community!