Daxko

Updated November 6, 2014
Updated November 6, 2014
3.9

David Gray

Awesome culture: transparency, flexibility, great customers, and ability to wear many hats

Former Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Daxko full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Amazingly transparent in how the company's doing strategically, financially, and operationally; as such, team members trust leadership, really feel connected to what's going on, and feel motivated to see the company succeed
    -Casual dress in a fun work atmosphere
    -Fairly flat hierarchy in most of the company's areas (not unusual to be IMing with the CEO or an SVP!)
    -Company strongly supports professional development by offering employees a yearly stipend (plus time off) to spend on training in any area the team member is interested in
    -Culture of autonomy where teams are trusted to make decisions and actually have a lot of input on the work
    -Lots of opportunities for lateral moves
    -Customers are very accessible and super-awesome people
    -100% paid team member health insurance and really cheap add-on for additional family members

Cons

-The main office is a bit disconnected from satellite offices/remote team members
    -Not a lot of upwards advancement opportunity for some positions

Don't try to make performance review processes so complex. :) Try to better extend company's cultural/community stuff to remote team members.

Best tech company in Birmingham

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No dress code. Free lunch every Friday. Incredible benefits. Great co-workers. They are creating an environment where if something is not awesome you are encouraged to make it awesome. They are removing roadblocks and corporate bureaucracy. I'm proud to work there.

Cons

Even though they talk about wanting to create an environment where team members can focus on the most important thing. I feel like I often end up juggling several things at once. If you are not willing to speak up when you are overloaded then you will start to hate working there. But when I was brave enough to tell my boss I didn't like coming into work anymore because of the heavy workload, he made changes so that work was fun again.

Continue to hire well. The team you have is what makes it great to come to work each day. Continue the generous benefits.

Great work/life balance

Current Employee - Account Executive in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a close nit group, sincere in its desire to help its customers

Cons

Nothing material comes to mind

Great culture, tough work

I have been working at Daxko

Pros

The culture is great and allows people to be themselves. The benefits are good.

Cons

Management does not quickly replace resources that leave so the work is just divided between other team members who already have more than enough work to accomplish.

Pay more attention to work life balance. Don't keep expecting employees to continue to sacrifice their personal lives to meet demands caused by improper planning.

Great benefits and casual environment with great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaboration is excellent between teams and the culture is uncanny. Benefits package is also excellent for a small company. Open door policy truly means that and all senior management is engaging and easy to talk to.

Cons

Promotion process tends to favor some with not enough experience or the right networking skills. While this is problematic in ways, they do tend to promote from within allowing opportunities.

Keep employees in the loop on management changes and allow for feedback on possible vision changes.

Exciting Times at a Growing Company

Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been at Daxko for many years and I have seen the pains and discomforts that come with rapid changes at a fast growing company. I have also seen the pay-off and rewards and huge successes that come with the willingness to change and adapt as the company makes shifts to meet the demands of the market and continue rapidly growing. I love it here. Daxko, like any other company, is not perfect, but I completely trust the leadership and I am "on board" with the changes we make to find the best solutions for our customers.

We have a very customer-driven and focused team that works in harmony with one another. Quite frankly, I feel spoiled by the benefits of working here and having worked other places, I can't imagine ever wanting to go anywhere else.

In the past 2 years Daxko has changed it's approach to openness with products, openness to customers, and complete transparency with our roadmap, our plans, our successes, and our failures. Entrepreneurship has truly become part of who we are again and we are getting products into the hands of customers faster than ever before.

It really is an exciting time to be here. I feel very much set up for success and feel I have a great grasp on what we're about and where we're headed. Reading past reviews made me feel compelled to write this because it seemed apparent that the older reviews didn't reflect the changes we've had in openness and transparency.

Cons

If you aren't comfortable with change, you will likely struggle here, but if you see change as opportunity for growth and you're willing to stick it out, you can be very successful at a rapidly growing company.

Exciting culture-driven organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Daxko full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very casual, yet still intense work environment. Most creative and capable co-workers ever in my career. Great workplace benefits. Flexible work opportunities, and potential to move to other positions within the company.

Cons

Culture sometimes dictates decisions, at the expense of business-driven facts. Seems to have a sever lack of focus at times, leading to wasteful decisions. Previous workplace experience is under-valued.

Focus on what you do well

A small tech company with average products/services + a great marketing department and a fresh young culture

I worked at Daxko full-time

Pros

DAXKO offers a creative work environment with strong team member development opportunities. The marketing department does a great job of branding the company and the CEO is totally focused on creating a fresh and innovative company culture (modeled after many of the mega-successful/hip tech companies along the East coast i.e Google). This is appealing to young talent and they attract some very dynamic employees. Each team member is made to feel equally important and given a sense of ownership. The work feels meaningful and can be a lot of fun.

Cons

Small company with a big ego -- often unable to carry out lofty plans and promises it makes to clients and employees. Lack of maturity/strength on leadership team leading to poor decisions and product/service quality issues. Too much focus on being a "cool" company at the expense of all else.

Good, but...

Current Employee - Member Engagement Team Member in Homewood, AL
    Current Employee - Member Engagement Team Member in Homewood, AL

I have been working at Daxko part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free weekly lunches, free soft drinks, modern work environment, casual dress, reliable schedule, sense of community, laid back, reachable goals, good pay

Cons

Worthy candidates are sometimes overlooked for possible advancement because upper level staff are busy playing favorites. Not enough recognition is given for those who work hard to exceed their goals and be team players.

The management of the Impact Services department should invest in the talent that they have instead of playing favorites. There are plenty of employees who work hard and get no recognition, and have no chance for advancement.

Great company with awesome people

Current Employee - Production Support Engineer in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Production Support Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun, but hardworking co-workers. Innovative and creative technical and customer experience teams. Great culture. Good benefits. Located in a good city. Rapid changes at the company can create new opportunities.

Cons

Working a lot at times. Rapid change and swift decision making can sometimes not work in your favor.