DayNine Consulting

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

DayNine Promoter

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at DayNine Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and great leaders! Workday is a fun system, and DayNine is the best in the business for implementing, so if you are interested in Workday, DayNine is where you want to be. DayNine supports a "work hard, play harder" culture, so prepare be around the best and the brightest, who all have many talents as well outside the workplace, and also enjoy doing happy hours often.

There are plentiful opportunities within the company, and as the company continues to grow so do the opportunities. I came in as a mid-level consultant, and within 6 months I was executing senior level work, and within 9 months I was involved in pre-sales work. Since DayNine is a startup, the visibility is very high (even amongst the senior executives), so if you are good it will be noticed and recognized quickly.

Cons

DayNine is doubling in size year over year, and with the rapid growth they experience growing pains. The subject matter expertise in some of the functional domains is low (since Workday is still very new), and it puts too much pressure and strain on the senior resources to ramp everyone up, sometimes leading to poor work/life balance and turnover.

Keep up the great work! As a DayNine alumni, I am still very much a promoter of the company. I still come around to DayNine events, and still hang with a lot of my DayNine colleagues. I only left to pursue a career outside of consulting, and would not hesitate to go back if I decide to go the consulting route again.

Great Company, people and work culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company, people and work culture

Cons

Late stage startup so processes are not as streamlined which is not a big deal.

Keep being as transparent as you are.

Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*Incredible opportunity to learn and grow a career. As a fresh college graduate, I've been thrust into ever more challenging positions and been given latitude to experiment and lead.

*Self-starting and drive will be acknowledged and rewarded, both socially and financially.

*Build the company you want. Leadership is open to and encourages all employee feedback. Plus, participate in company building teams where you develop any number of aspects of the practice.

*Client-Facing. Even as an Associate, you are client-facing from very early on.

*Coach Program. You'll be paired with a senior employee who will help you guide your own career.

*NPS. The company polls all clients for quarterly NPS ratings and reacts to feedback accordingly.

*On-Boarding program and new consultant training.

*Weekly company call. All employees are invited to participate in a weekly call that updates us on the state of the company. We are encouraged to ask questions directly to leadership during these calls.

*Open office space. No one has an office door, no one has a cube. The CEO sits at an open desk, just like the rest of us. Conference rooms pepper the offices, for when privacy is needed.

*Schedule/workplace flexibility. Schedule your own hours, work from the office or home. Your call, just be sure to show up often enough to maintain relationships (minimum 3-days a week).

Cons

*Hard work, little play. Some hubs play more than others, but many of us work pretty long hours with little interaction outside of the office. It speaks to the culture more than company policy, we just don't have a lot of people who like to start out-of-work activities and the company only starts the occasional dinner. Also, 2 weeks of vacation time a year to start.

*Slow ramp-up. Took me 2 months before I was billable (and thus working towards bonus eligibility).

*Some shady recent departures. We've had a number of people "leave" in the past few months.

*No hand-holding. There is support, but you will be expected to figure things out on your own.

Keep doing what you're doing. Communicate with us and remain open to suggestion. Look at the bigger picture with utilization, just because someone is sub-80% this week doesn't invalidate their 120% last week.