Daymar College Reviews

CEO

Love my job!

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Lancaster, OH
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Lancaster, OH

I have been working at Daymar College part-time for less than a year

Pros

I can show off my skills and pass along the knowldege I possess. I learn a lot from other instructors as well and am free to grow and improve my teaching style. The classes are small, even when mixed programs, and I've never had a disrespectful student!

Cons

Adjunct pay is a pain in the rear end but the hours allow you to keep a job in your field if you want. Sometimes lack of available unstructors can cause scheduling problems.

Management has improved greatly in the time I've been there. Corporate needs to pay adjuncts better which would lower the turnover rate!

Not the place to work if you want support

I worked at Daymar College full-time

Pros

In three years I had one review that said I was doing a fine job then my boss showed up and fired me.Their favorite phrase is we put them off the bus.

Cons

They pay low wages and have people do many different jobs because they have people quitting all the time.

Worry less abut letting people off the bus and more on actually on getting people the support and resources needed to do the job.

Fine for part time position

Former Employee - Adjunct  in  New Boston, OH
    Former Employee - Adjunct in New Boston, OH

I worked at Daymar College part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Little interference with how I contact my classes besides reporting attendance and grades

Cons

Student population had both academically unprepared and advanced beyond subject level in same classes

Screen students to determine if they need remedial coursework

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good school poor management

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor

I worked at Daymar College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Instructors are great. Very well educated and have worked in the field of study they teach. Have a sincere desire to see students be successful.

Cons

Micromanagement!! and unfair pay. No raises or incentives to excel. You can't hire intelligent and well educated people and then treat them like children.

Look past the numbers. Empower the instructors and pay them well, then they will follow your TPI motto and you will grow. Practice what you preach. Treat your employees the way you want them to treat the students. Don't be such hypocrites. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel. You have a great group of people, let them do their job without changing things all the time.

Disappointing. No guidance

Former Employee - Instructor  in  Russellville, KY
    Former Employee - Instructor in Russellville, KY

I worked at Daymar College as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Helping students inter into the healthcare field

Cons

Students allowed to be very disrespectful to staff. Told to" keep the peace." Misleading about accreditation.

Need Staff guidance on how and where to find forms/documents/paystubs/computer programs.

Unethical option for market-driven schools.

I worked at Daymar College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A place where you can gain experience in the industry. If you want to help students who may not have a strong support system, you will definitely come in contact with students who need help.

Cons

Unethical business practices give the industry a bad name. There business practices do not focus on the student even though they constantly tell you they do. They are all about the money and only care about the students if they make for solid reporting numbers.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

In hindsight, a great experience I would not take back - even though I wish it had went a little differently...

I worked at Daymar College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A caring staff and wonderful facilities. If you succeed in your duties and metrics, you will be given the opportunity to advance in your department. Friendships will be built with students and graduates in addition to the great team that surrounds you. Accuracy and compliance with the accrediting institution is always enforced and followed despite what news articles say ( I can't stress this enough). The campus management teams wears their hearts on their sleeves - which is tough to do when executive management does not communicate with the campuses efficiently. Your co-workers will become your family, and no one hesitates to help you when you need it most. The pay is satisfactory considering most Daymar College campuses are relatively small.

Cons

The staffing structure is based on the student population. This meant that key staff and faculty had to be let go, which led to an increased burden on the remaining employees. Some staff members saw their duties double the week after a lay-off. Program leaders had to teach a full work load in addition to their existing duties, departments could no longer give each student or graduate the full attention they deserved, and expectations remained unrealistically high despite a decreased workforce and morale. Salaried staff had to work 60+ hours a week while hourly staff were watched to make sure they did not work a minute over their allotted 40 hour work week. While this is expected after a round of lay-offs, expectations did not deminish. When you're doing the work of 2-3 staffers and your annual reviews are average or below average, it's discouraging. Meanwhile, your stress level grows to heights that you never expected.

The guidelines and goals set by management were often times irrelevant to the mission. I watched co-workers and friends of mine do all they could to help students and graduates, only to see them struggle emotionally in their offices because they were chastized over the small things that played no part towards the success and efficiency of their departments. Unfortunately, I've heard that many of my old co-workers have left or are leaving Daymar for other positions due to these reasons and others, but I'm not surprised. I just hope the students and graduates don't suffer from the high turnover. Overall, there are not enough resources available from Daymar College to acheive the goals that are set before the team. You aren't provided with everything you need to succeed in your role.

I wish Daymar College the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Sub-standard operations and educational quality; long-standing lawsuit from Kentucky AG.

I worked at Daymar College

Pros

Good CEO who means well, but faces an almost impossible situation. Would be a good purchase for someone who is looking for real estate and buildings.

Cons

Terrible management; control of company is with widow of deceased owner who won't make the necessary changes. Declining enrollments; long-standing lawsuits from the Kentucky Attorney General and others; sub-standard operations, financial management. Quality of education is poor as many employers will not hire graduates.

Sell it for whatever you can get for it

Each Day Is A New Surprise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Daymar College full-time for more than a year

Pros

The entry level workers are typically very friendly, hard working, and sincere. Facilities are generally kept up. It is a paycheck.

Cons

The management is the problem. High turnover rates, constant change with no stability in mid level and upper management. There is a sense of desperation to get any student in the door, even if that student truly is not college material. Very low admissions standards. Efforts are placed to bring in a high volume of new students, but there is not sufficient resources to support the volume. Very much admissions driven, with little effort to support the Financial Services and other crucial departments which help maintain a successful college experience for students.

Truly keep the interest of the student experience in mind. Structure your staff so that students can be successful, and not just another number that will go out the rotating door. Same with your employees. Hire enough staff to effectively handle the work volume in roles of support.

Great company, family oriented

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Owensboro, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

I have been working at Daymar College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company to work for. We provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere to our students, and this reflects back into the employee environment. Good pay and benefits. Great co-workers.

Cons

Career college business is down right now, which has affected the workforce.

Worked for Daymar College? Contribute to the Community!