Days INN

Add Photos

Days INN President and CEO of Wyndham Hotel Group Eric Danziger

Eric Danziger

Front Desk/ Customer Service

Days Inn Front Desk (Former Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsThe staff was really nice and inviting. That led to a good service environment for the guests as well.

ConsThis was my first job out of college, so I can't say too much surprised me. There was no health insurance benefits and it took a long time to gain any paid vacation, but it was offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your property owners take full advantage of their property. Don't let it fall apart and hire more help (maintenance and electrical).

Quality not important, brand is not what it use to be.

Housekeeper (Current Employee)
    Harrisonburg, VA

ProsOne direct supervisor, so that was at least consistent.

ConsQuality was not a big enough priority. Housekeeping lacked essential supplies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in the place of the guest. Would you want to stay in rooms that are falling apart? Walk around on a mushy carpet? A little more focus on quality would go a long way.

If you enjoy time with family, don't work here!

Office Manager (Former Employee)
    Emporia, KS

ProsLoved working with the public and with the employees in my care.

ConsNo benefits, low pay. Location owner fired all outside staff to hire family and friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you wish to keep qualified office staff and customer service agents please consider paying people what they are worth, not minimum wage.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

checking in and out customers front desk clerk answering phones calls and always multi-tasking skills.

Front Dest Clerk (Former Employee)
    Orange, CA

Proslike new people and making all the customers happy and satisfied with my work and i always keep a smile on my face.

Consif a rude customer come i will put up with it.

Advice to Senior Managementi never had a manager positions.

no comment

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee)
    Batavia, NY

Proslittle to no in-person supervision. You will carry out managerial tasks and be able to exercise good judgment by working without anyone directing you during your shifts. Some nice, humbled employees.

ConsAt times, you will take enough calls that will be equal to what you may take in some call centers while; having to take calls from guests in the hotel and servicing guests checking in. They remove employees off the schedule, the employee has to get a new job, and they do not have to pay UI. The security is poor. The place has had an armed robbery (public exposure). The average start pay was as low as the state allows. No meal breaks. Like all hotels; you get burned. Steer clear of rotating shifts; your health is more important. This job requires common sense and tolerance. This is a job to work for about 3 months to get experience. No degree is necessary for the hotel industry. They were unable to keep a manager while I was there. They routinely cycled through employees. I did not last through training. IE: Integrity. You do not need a college degree for this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake accountability for terminating your employees. Next time you want your front desk agents to, without notice, make them clean and put hotel rooms together; give them masks from all the chemicals being sprayed, so they don't get sick and or dizzy. Even guests complained and reported about the chemical smell. You can be a little more humane and give your oppressed employees at least 9.50 an hour to start and give them a 90 day review and raise. With no breaks, heavy amounts of service calls, rotating shifts and no benefits; you should be paying them at least 12 an hour; as they are the forefront of your business. Also factor in the armed robbery and lack of security, along with the employee working alone late night and or overnight.

Not the best, but an ok job to break into resort/hotel industry,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers were wonderful, friendly and informative. Managers were also very nice.

ConsPoor room conditions which led to frequent guest complaints and inability to sell rooms. Scheduled to work overtime, but not paid overtime rates. Unappealing/uncomfortable uniforms. Low pay.

Experiential and worthwhile

Attendant (Current Employee)
    Missoula, MT

ProsLeniency, ease, immense help, delightful help staff

ConsNone whatsoever, great company overall

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect

I experienced tremendous hospitality trends in working with this company

Night Auditor (Former Employee)
    Chambersburg, PA

ProsDays Inn offered me a wealth of knowledge how to treat a guest in pursuing a retreat, a return!

ConsDays Inn Franchise Management should discuss with its' employees at various locations their opinion in the business that they occupy. This I haven't come across over six year period that I was there?

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must arrange a system of Monitoring the Returning guests on their Return. Thus you can monitor how good the Product is? at specific locations!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Front desk

Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsPretty easy job, just smile and greet your guests.

ConsNot much advancement opportunity, guest are never perfect.

great stay

Manager (Current Employee)
    Ogallala, NE

Prosgreat staff, great breakfast slept better here than my own home

Conscould not ask anything more

Worked for Days INN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Days INN reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Days INN CEO Eric Danziger. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by Days INN employees.