Dayton Superior

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eric R. Zimmerman

It was a good experience considering I was not there very long, co-workers were great and helpful.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Brandywine, MD

Prosbenefits were great and I do believe there were growth opportunities.

ConsI wasn't given enough time as promised to learn the information before being terminated

Advice to Senior ManagementMy training was very confusing at times.

Stay away!

Ar Representative (Former Employee) Elk Grove Village, IL

ProsAlright pay and an alright location to work at. If you have advanced degree and you have strong connections you may get promoted.

ConsManagers are mean and human resources is even worse. Don't plan to work at this place long term. Very high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your human resources and start listening yo staff.

Great company with some very good people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people made the experience working at Dayton very enjoyable. Leadership strength is very good in manufacturing and logistics.

ConsAs with any company they have warts in some areas, but all in all the cons are negligible. The corporate office is over staffed, but either growth will provide them activities or their inactivity will finally be noticed and dealt with.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew leadership (CEO) has a hard road ahead and big shoes to fill - good luck.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager - Dayton OH

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsWork was challenging, good people on the team who truly wanted to do good work. Despite being in Dayton Ohio, was a good environment

ConsToo much Monday morning quarterbacking, Director Level and above very closed minded. Many strategic decisions were done in a knee jerk fashion without communication to the teams impacted.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou hire good people, you must empower them to run projects and not micro manage them every step of the way. We had a VP take medical leave a year or two prior and the team leader was held accountable for the VP's programs but no one would on the managment team would provide insight.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA

ProsFelixible hours and work schedules

ConsLack of management communications and leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementMore face time to employees

Engineering career dead end, at least the Symons part. A good first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really liked the lower management people, the pay and benefits were pretty good. A pretty great first job. The company used to make 401k and had tuition reimbursement but they suspended it in 2010.

ConsThe management did not invest in its employees, the products are all extremely old and out of date so we were always losing jobs to competitors. I personally was discouraged from trying to design new engineering ideas. Promotion seems to have been based solely on tenure and despite claiming to the contrary, outside people were always hired over promoting and training existing people. Do not stay for more than 2 years or you will get dropped in one of their random massive layoffs. If you think I am just complaining: the company was public in 2007, went bankrupt 2008, got bought by a private equity company, built a new corporate headquarters and laid off from what I can tell was about 33% of the company and they were failing to meet all their growth goals when I was released. If offered, I would not work for them again under the current leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in new products, maybe try a new upper management group because these guys are running the company into the ground.

Dayton superior needs a lot of work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job and money is money

ConsThe way everything is ran is completely unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement classes.

Not a very enjoyable expericence.

Production Worker (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are the only pro.

ConsThere is a good bit of favoritism. Not very much respect to go around.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it safer and raise the pay big time.

Worked for Dayton Superior? Contribute to the Community!