De La Rue

3.1

Tim Cobbold

Great People

I have been working at De La Rue

Pros

Everyone here are very nece and collaborate very well

Cons

Company operates with multiple systems that do the same thing. No standardization causes difficulty across the company

Align you seystems and you'll be better able to track results

Under paid

Former Employee - Machine Backs in Malta, MT
    Former Employee - Machine Backs in Malta, MT

I worked at De La Rue full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice staff, good security, friendly people and workers alot of overtime and work, good health and safety precautions.

Cons

My contract was done by a sdcond company called inspectra wich paid half of others wage and shift allowance was reduced to 19 euro a month from a c shift of 90 euro a week this is slavery

You built a company build a good structure and a decent wage to your workers and not working with a company making false promises to workers and treating them like a disposable Thing when needed work when not leave or go work with a lesser wage in other factories till you need them again

Very nice company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at De La Rue full-time

Pros

Everyone is so polite and professional, and they are willing to do whatever they need to to assist in making your job easier. The company values diversity.

Cons

Multi-national company, time differences are hard to get used to.

Visit the facility in Dallas more often, and stay longer. That way you can see what happens here.

Not Good

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at De La Rue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None in the US maybe in other global positions

Cons

The Brits and the lack of leadership and vision.

I worked for De La Rue for 17 years really some of the best poeple I have ever worked with! I wish the contract was exst

Former Employee - Production Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at De La Rue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The understanding and attitude of all the visiters from the main HQ in Basinbstoke and the other parts of the world.

Cons

the only cons. I have - I wish the company could have found myself and the other personal positions somewhere

Give me a call-- I need a good job again thank you

management out of touch and HR not knowledgable on California law

Former Employee - Field Service in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service in Irving, TX

I worked at De La Rue

Pros

money, friendly people at Union Bank that continued to give me references after the company mistreated me

Cons

This company, after my employment ended at this company, was found to have lied to California EDD to get out of paying UI payments after they lost money fo the year. False accusations to a judge and Cal EDD caused the judge to reverse a decision and reinstate my UI payments. Management and coworkers loaded evaluations with false statements. Training classes conducted unprofesionally in Irving TX. Look at the "interview" review and it sums up the lack of professionalism at this company. The HR rep who misrepresented the law does not work there anymore. No suprise there.

This company has no leadership skills. They have no knowledge of California labor law as well.

This is FACT.......

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at De La Rue

Pros

Good Environment for learning in initial stage of career, Good work life balance,

Cons

No growth as business in India shrinking day by day, less salary comparing to Industry. Internal politics at highest level in India business. You can be fired anytime if not in good books or will try to raise your voice.

I will advice to senior management in UK to look after India business management also, it seems like a small group of 2-3 people running this company, no policies and procedures follows, you have to be only in goods books of those people to survive in the Company. Company can fire you any time with silly or no reasons.

Old fashioned company / Great heritage and reputation. Two sides of the same coin

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at De La Rue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great heritage and reputation after 200+ years in business, deep knowledge in some areas, fascinating products. Social responsibility is good (and genuine) in patches.

Cons

No real strategy, just more of the same and try a few new things. Old fashioned in many ways, for example the financial and personnel systems are mostly manual and don't support business decision making. Knowledge retention is poor, experience and information is allowed to leave with staff. No commitment to performance reviews and developing talent.

Upgrade business systems so that real time analysis can be done on key operating areas to drive business investment

Some recent trouble with profits, but worth sticking with long term.

I have been working at De La Rue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm proud De la rue employee. We are making sure that everybody's money is true.
    "De la rue makes currency true" - Good slogan; I should be marketing. :)
    The share price slump means that the share save scheme will take off.
    Undervalued long term. It's as bad as it's going to get right now.
    Recent shock will change things.
    Someone suggested crypto currency paper wallets for major world currencies.
    Good idea, sounds lucrative.
    I'm sticking with this company through the storm.
    It'll blow over.

Cons

Company has divested too much into illiquid products & has been resistant to change.
    Salaries may go down soon because profits are down.
    Goverments can be fickle which adds risk to contracts.
    We'll need to work our behinds off to get company profits up if we want to maintain our salaries.

Advise government customers that cryptocurrency is the future.
    They should have their own or be subject to bitcoin domination.
    We should devise our own versions of bitcoin, but for each currency.
    Paper wallets can be used to store thems offline, away from hackers.
    This would be a small investment with great rewards!

Prestigious but Archaic

Current Employee - Analyst in Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at De La Rue full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice head office
    Opportunities to experience different areas of the business
    Good work/life balance
    Attempting to invest in their future
    HR excellent link to ensure concerns are addressed.
    New training processes beginning to be introduced which are helpful for the most part.

Cons

Archaic processes internally, with heavy resistance to change. Staff unwilling to support change unless they can clearly see the benefit for them.
    Modern day benefits you would expect to see are missing - they advertise "flexible working" but in fact that only extends so far as if you have dentist/doctor appointments, and otherwise expect you to work standard office hours.
    Because of current difficulties, leadership has been forced to look back at why they are failing. Their processes are hindering development - keen to minimise headcounts to the extent that administration work is completed by the people who really should be focusing on developing DLR's future.
    Some areas of the business are less than challenging, resulting in you scraping the bottom of the barrel for work and getting the jobs no-one else wants to do as your reward for seeking additional work.
    Very political environment - effort often seems linked to perceived personal reward, and less urgent tasks frequently get put to the side.

Company benefits seriously need looking at, especially since flexible working is now a legal obligation and not an option. If you want staff to be motivated and flexible in their work, try reflecting that in your own processes.
    Look at the processes currently in place, the reporting structures and approval processes. When you're expecting qualified scientists to spend half their time filling in forms, it might be time to start looking at dedicated administration staff.
    Need to invest further in your product offerings and in your manufacturing processes. Competitors have understood this and are releasing new technologies. Don't play catch up - lead the game, as a market leader should.