De La Rue

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Cobbold

Great People

ProsEveryone here are very nece and collaborate very well

ConsCompany operates with multiple systems that do the same thing. No standardization causes difficulty across the company

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign you seystems and you'll be better able to track results

Very nice company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsEveryone is so polite and professional, and they are willing to do whatever they need to to assist in making your job easier. The company values diversity.

ConsMulti-national company, time differences are hard to get used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the facility in Dallas more often, and stay longer. That way you can see what happens here.

Not Good

Regional Manager (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsNone in the US maybe in other global positions

ConsThe Brits and the lack of leadership and vision.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked for De La Rue for 17 years really some of the best poeple I have ever worked with! I wish the contract was exst

Production Manager (Former Employee) Albany, NY

ProsThe understanding and attitude of all the visiters from the main HQ in Basinbstoke and the other parts of the world.

Consthe only cons. I have - I wish the company could have found myself and the other personal positions somewhere

Advice to Senior ManagementGive me a call-- I need a good job again thank you

management out of touch and HR not knowledgable on California law

Field Service (Former Employee) Irving, TX

Prosmoney, friendly people at Union Bank that continued to give me references after the company mistreated me

ConsThis company, after my employment ended at this company, was found to have lied to California EDD to get out of paying UI payments after they lost money fo the year. False accusations to a judge and Cal EDD caused the judge to reverse a decision and reinstate my UI payments. Management and coworkers loaded evaluations with false statements. Training classes conducted unprofesionally in Irving TX. Look at the "interview" review and it sums up the lack of professionalism at this company. The HR rep who misrepresented the law does not work there anymore. No suprise there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has no leadership skills. They have no knowledge of California labor law as well.

There's potential, but they need to make some changes and utilise technology

Information Technology (Former Employee) Basingstoke, England (UK)

ProsI enjoyed working here and the little team I worked in. The work-life balance was one of the best of any company that I worked in.

ConsI worked in information technology, and their infrastructure is a little dated. Some of the people who make the decisions on this need to embrace change and keep their own skills up to date. This company has a lot of potential, but it will be left in the dust if it does not embrace change and new technology. It could be out-dated soon if they are not careful. There was so much potential here, but it could be frustrating as there is a reluctance by management to make changes and utilise staff's skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace and use technology. Use cutting-edge skills and make technology an important aspect of the company model.

Great experience

(Former Employee)

ProsCare about their employees, even during reorgs. Learnt a lot about myself and development for the future

ConsSome people working there know how to play the system. A few key people hold key information which is relied upon by the organisation

Nice, if you're one of the select few...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Basingstoke, England (UK)

ProsThrow back to 20th Century, with little comeback if rules are bent/broken, so long as you deliver on targets.

ConsInertia and senior team lacking in people-mgmt skills.
    Little true commitment at top levels.
    Chronic lack of process or recent investment across majority of sites.
    Embarrassing patchwork of IT

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility, stop patting yourselves on the back and recognise those who are/aren't contributing.

Can you fit in ?

Technical Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for. Real career prospect, great working environment. The company is solid and really care about it's employees. People their are nice and some of them have been there for decades and are a great source of knowledge.

ConsYou have to fit in with the employees in place. They are good hard working people. Some have been there for decades and have their routines and way to do things and also know the politics there. If you don't fit in because you're somehow original, independent and proactive and don't like to stay in your silo, then you're in big trouble. It's difficult to get colleagues to cooperate with you on an idea or project if it's not on there job description or if they don't have to. Everybody works for himself and protect his own behind. You going to have to protect yourself because if somehow you don't fit in the culture or if you're seen as a threat or marginal/original, then you will be in trouble. Otherwise, Stick to what's in your job description and you'll be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more supportive of new recruits. Be sincerely supportive not just pretend to be. Give clearer goals. Accept that some people work differently than others, in an original way that can bring something new/positive to the way things are done. Don't judge people and their attitude but the results.

HR Manager, China and SE Asia

Human Resources Manager, China and SE Asia (Current Employee) Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

ProsThe company is renowed for its respectful brand and reputable products

ConsTraditionally inclined to be conservative and risk averse

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestement on innovation, take calcuated risks to catch more growth opportunies

Worked for De La Rue? Contribute to the Community!