De La Rue Reviews

3.4

Tim Cobbold

Great People

I have been working at De La Rue

Pros

Everyone here are very nece and collaborate very well

Cons

Company operates with multiple systems that do the same thing. No standardization causes difficulty across the company

Align you seystems and you'll be better able to track results

Under paid

Former Employee - Machine Backs  in  Malta, MT
    Former Employee - Machine Backs in Malta, MT

I worked at De La Rue full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice staff, good security, friendly people and workers alot of overtime and work, good health and safety precautions.

Cons

My contract was done by a sdcond company called inspectra wich paid half of others wage and shift allowance was reduced to 19 euro a month from a c shift of 90 euro a week this is slavery

You built a company build a good structure and a decent wage to your workers and not working with a company making false promises to workers and treating them like a disposable Thing when needed work when not leave or go work with a lesser wage in other factories till you need them again

Very nice company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at De La Rue full-time

Pros

Everyone is so polite and professional, and they are willing to do whatever they need to to assist in making your job easier. The company values diversity.

Cons

Multi-national company, time differences are hard to get used to.

Visit the facility in Dallas more often, and stay longer. That way you can see what happens here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Good

Former Employee - Regional Manager  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at De La Rue full-time for more than a year

Pros

None in the US maybe in other global positions

Cons

The Brits and the lack of leadership and vision.

I worked for De La Rue for 17 years really some of the best poeple I have ever worked with! I wish the contract was exst

Former Employee - Production Manager  in  Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at De La Rue full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The understanding and attitude of all the visiters from the main HQ in Basinbstoke and the other parts of the world.

Cons

the only cons. I have - I wish the company could have found myself and the other personal positions somewhere

Give me a call-- I need a good job again thank you

management out of touch and HR not knowledgable on California law

Former Employee - Field Service  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service in Irving, TX

I worked at De La Rue

Pros

money, friendly people at Union Bank that continued to give me references after the company mistreated me

Cons

This company, after my employment ended at this company, was found to have lied to California EDD to get out of paying UI payments after they lost money fo the year. False accusations to a judge and Cal EDD caused the judge to reverse a decision and reinstate my UI payments. Management and coworkers loaded evaluations with false statements. Training classes conducted unprofesionally in Irving TX. Look at the "interview" review and it sums up the lack of professionalism at this company. The HR rep who misrepresented the law does not work there anymore. No suprise there.

This company has no leadership skills. They have no knowledge of California labor law as well.

Great International experience

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at De La Rue as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

For a medium size company De La Rue has a huge international presence. Many people who work with DLR have had the opportunity to work in diverse locations and meet different people, both DLR's customers and local employees. If you enjoy visiting interesting countries and meeting local people this is a great company to work for.

Cons

De La Rue is a very traditional company and having been a world leader in its field going back more than a hundred years can sometimes be somewhat arrogant and out of touch. In recent years that has been some turbulence in its market and with its senior management which has had a negative effect on how good a place it is to work. Think old fashioned, stuffy and not people focused, rather than a dynamic great place to work.

Focus on creating a positive supportive culture

A business stuck in the past who don't invest in technology or employees

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at De La Rue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people, good work/life balance, interesting line of business, lots of opportunities to work across the business, high retention rate across staff.

Cons

Low salaries, people often working against each other, old technology, constant restructuring of the business, reaching record high profits and not rewarding staff, people duplicating work because of lack of integration

Nice, if you're one of the select few...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at De La Rue full-time

Pros

Throw back to 20th Century, with little comeback if rules are bent/broken, so long as you deliver on targets.

Cons

Inertia and senior team lacking in people-mgmt skills.
    Little true commitment at top levels.
    Chronic lack of process or recent investment across majority of sites.
    Embarrassing patchwork of IT

Take responsibility, stop patting yourselves on the back and recognise those who are/aren't contributing.

There's potential, but they need to make some changes and utilise technology

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Basingstoke, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I worked at De La Rue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed working here and the little team I worked in. The work-life balance was one of the best of any company that I worked in.

Cons

I worked in information technology, and their infrastructure is a little dated. Some of the people who make the decisions on this need to embrace change and keep their own skills up to date. This company has a lot of potential, but it will be left in the dust if it does not embrace change and new technology. It could be out-dated soon if they are not careful. There was so much potential here, but it could be frustrating as there is a reluctance by management to make changes and utilise staff's skills.

Embrace and use technology. Use cutting-edge skills and make technology an important aspect of the company model.

Worked for De La Rue? Contribute to the Community!