De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
CEO

1. Very structured educational institution. Salute!

Current Employee - Physical Education Instructor in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The school in general is very structured and even down to the institution's own departments.

Cons

It is situated in a very crowded place in Manila where it usually floods during rainy season.

Advice to Management

Make another building for Physical Education courses so that classes in the gym will not be as many as 5 sections in one venue for a 2-hour period class.

2. good environment

I have been working at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde

Pros

good environment, great compensation package

Cons

career growth is slow and workload is heavy

3. great1

Current Employee - Faculty in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Faculty in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

high salary lots of team building and trainings with pay choose your own schedule great co-workers 3% salary increase every year great building at SDA

Cons

paulit ulit ang pagkain sa cafeteria if full time employee, you're required to attend meetings even on weekends (since this is a common free sched of faculties)..but 3-4 times lang per term :))

Advice to Management

dont allow facutlies to attend EMBARK on Sundays (labor code article 93)

5. Extraordinary Educational Institution -- one of the best!

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learner-education focused, Better than average compensation, Family friendly, & a viable opportunity to further one's studies.

Cons

Slower pace compared to corporate (which could actually not be a con!)

Advice to Management

Make institutional policies more visible; push for a more professional change management system; & perhaps setup a PMO for projects.

6. violence

I worked at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde part-time (More than a year)

Pros

i am a hard worcking

Cons

i see in the global economy is the fed has cut interest rates well below the natural rate of interest.

Advice to Management

none

7. Exciting

I have been working at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde

Pros

Its a fantastic college/universities, very hospitable staff

Cons

Its more of very strick

I love De La Salle -College of Saint Benilde

Current Employee - Student Assistant in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Pros

It is a Kindhearted human like Institution who knows and thinks others needs especially in terms of education, not only that, they also teach us to help and keep our environment safe by engaging us in some programs and projecting about environment.

Cons

none I can think about..they are too good for me. it is like they are blessing of God to the youth who are born unfortunate gain an education that anyone should have, they are the one who will encourage the young generation to study, and showed to us that money is not always the obstacle in achieving our goals and dreams it is about the our self, doing ordinary things extra ordinarily well!

Advice to Management

Always keep the good work, your good will for the youth and for those who are in need will be paid back by God in the future!

9. One community of St. Lasalle and St. Benilde in our life.

Former Employee - Liturgy and Para-liturgy in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Liturgy and Para-liturgy in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Former assistance coordinator of Liturgy and Para-liturgy.

Cons

for 2 years work in De La Salle-college of st. benilde

Advice to Management

feedback and sharing the faculty and staff of st. Benilde

Highest paid college professors

Former Employee - Assistant Professiorial Lecturer I
    Former Employee - Assistant Professiorial Lecturer I

I worked at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part time professors are asked their available time or preferred time. As of 2011, the lowest rank receive Php 404.00 per hour. If you're working part time, the least you can get is 3 units or hours a week (but this is unlikely) and you can get as much as 12 units. You just need to spend 1 hour every week for consultations. You can choose whether you want a Mon-Wed sched or Tue-Thurs which means you have to spend 1.5 hours each day. You can also choose a Fri sched where each class runs for 3 hours. Upside, you're just there 1 day if you're handling a 3 unit subject. You can attend multiple Christmas parties (College, the School or Department and your specific subject area). You are required to attend at least 1 graduation ceremony per year, and a free buffet at the Angelo King International Center await you.

Cons

Some students can be very difficult to motivate. Some expect higher grades than what you can give them. Professorial rates have very minimal differences when you get promoted (say from Lecturer 1 to 2, maybe a difference of less than Php 20 will be added to your per hour rate). Promotion is applied for, it is not automatic.

Advice to Management

More teacher exposure to other seasoned professors so that style of teaching can be passed on through observation and mentoring.

RSS Feed </> Embed