De Lage Landen

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ronald Slaats

DLL provides a great benefits and perks package.

Credit Risk Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at De Lage Landen full-time

ProsGreat perks and benefits. 4 week vacation to start. Sabbatical after 7 years. Onsite gym, cafe, store, ATM.

ConsRecent restructuring of company has lowered morale of company as a whole. Less emphasis on members and more on bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on members needs and stress levels. Many members are overwhelmed.

Student Trainee at DLL Germany

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at De Lage Landen as a contractor for less than a year

Pros- guidance
- well-equipped office
- kitchen staffed with food once a week
- possibility to mingle with staff of other departments
- great HR department

Cons- working atmosphere was quite tense and oftentimes uncomfortable
- as student you were invited to attend to flexible hours, but in reality the hours weren't so flexible

De Lage Landen

Sales Support (Former Employee)

I worked at De Lage Landen as a contractor for more than a year

Prosschedule, job requirements/responsibilities, gym

Conscontract/temporary employees unable for further advancement within company (being hired).

Advice to Senior ManagementShare job opportunities within company so contract employees have opportunity to submit for full time employment. Credit the contract employees for work and accomplishments that attribute the companies success.

DLL lacks a clear strategic vision...decentralized business lacks coordination...not positioned for LT growth

Corporate (Former Employee)

I worked at De Lage Landen full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployee benefits and amenities are a recognized positive. Rabobank offers strong financial backing and significant global footprint to DLL.

ConsDecentralized business structure leads to uncoordinated ability to successfully execute in the most advantageous manner across global world. This unsynchronized ability impacts client relationships that greatly depend upon DLL to be a strong financial partner in international markets. Cost structures are out of balance with margin generation as witnessed by continual ongoing 'cost improvement' initiatives. Business development has not even adopted a global CRM centralized platform to coordinate international business activities...years behind the competition! Majority of business is too AGRI and leasing solution focused lending with all other product segments far less significant due to Rabobank's highly restrictive AGRI mandate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new thinking and new blood to the organization to make progressive global change. Too many 'old timers' who continually do things the 'old fashioned way' that are just biding their time till retirement. Develop the courage to think outside of the box, leverage the voice of the customer and offer more contemporary sales financing solutions to reinvent DLL. Ex-CEO Slaats was somewhat of a rebel who had the ability to reach for success given significant internal limitations...regrettable Rabobank did not fully empower their own to take DLL to the next level. Rabobank now needs an outsider to shake things up and turn around this Dutch Aircraft Carrier.

Good place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at De Lage Landen full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of change, global company

ConsPoor Communication, lots of cronyism

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great benefits but otherwise a boys club.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at De Lage Landen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent PTO policy, health benefits, 401k, etc. Good work-life balance. Casual dress.

ConsVery political. Only get noticed based on who you know. Very gossipy and dysfunctional culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to middle managers who actually work with the customers. Practice what you preach.

Has so much potential, but keeps getting in its own way.

I have been working at De Lage Landen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros90% of the people are really super and take pride in their work, company and attitude. DLL has great perks such as a wonderful gym with experienced trainers, a very good cafeteria, company store, opportunities to participate in charity events (with 2 days off each year paid for by the company while participating in those events). There is some ability for upward movement if you know the right advocate or are willing to take an aggressive and proactive stance with your future.

ConsThe other 10%. There are cliques in upper management that rival high school. The same people get promoted over and over without results or by getting results through strong-arm tactics and thinly veiled intimidation. It can be very cutthroat if you're not prepared to do battle.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop relying on the same few people all the time. You give them far too much power which devalues the rest of your members by doing so.

Great place going through turbulent times

I have been working at De Lage Landen full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat gym and cafeteria which is a nice perk to have. Co-workers and management are very friendly and the overall culture is a nice change of pace from what Im used to. The follow me printing and thin client deployments are light years ahead of most organizations, but can suffer from performance issues. Lots of on-going efforts to improve work / life balance.

ConsA lot of processes and procedures are being redefined and its going to take some time for the dust to settle down. Many people are getting overworked and are starting to get burned out. Some technology in the organization is quite dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your best to keep communicate open and don’t neglect the long term employees. There are many talented people here and it would be a shame to see them go because their frustration levels are too high.

What was once a great company........

Worker (Former Employee)
Three States, MO

I worked at De Lage Landen full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCafeteria, Gift Shop, Gym, Flexible Hours, fellow members nice people to work with, nice to interact with members of an international team.

ConsCertian members of C - Level management and executive board have no long term vision and change strategic direction of the company seemingly every 6 months. VERY click'ish environment. It is about who you know, who you kiss and not your knowledge base. Employees with sound business knowledge base and experience are either leaving or being forced out to save what is considered to be high-end salaries. Good luck with managing the business with no experienced, senior management. All the ships are NOT sailing in the same direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice and show some respect and dignity to everyone, not just who you want to or who can advance your own career. Communicate and be transparent in goals and direction of the company. Be consistent in your approach to human capital and business goals. Be proactive, not reactive. Remember, you are not the only employer in town. Wining and Dining is not the answer to developing a happy, healthy and devoted work environment. How many times does the ambulance need to show up every week in order for postive change to occur?

Lots of potential ineffective senior management

I have been working at De Lage Landen full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat People, Good Customers, can do attitude of coworkers is refreshing!.

ConsAlot of uncertainty in the environment. Management ineffective at making decisions and prioritization of initiatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions faster and align on a common goal.

Worked for De Lage Landen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at De Lage Landen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for De Lage Landen CEO Ronald Slaats. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by De Lage Landen employees.