De Montfort University

De Montfort University Vice-Chancellor Dominic Shellard
Dominic Shellard
1 Rating

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An institution with a positive attitude and a few flies in the ointment.

Current Employee - Part Time/Seasonal Lecturer  in  Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Part Time/Seasonal Lecturer in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at De Montfort University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent facilities, both professional, social, and personal: Including a gym, cycle maintenance, computer maintenance and healthcare facility, multiple cafes and eateries, and the usual professional facilities you would expect from a university.

A positive outlook to staff training and development.

Continual development and improvement of campus buildings.

Cons

A lacklustre IT department who can be difficult to get a positive response from.

A sometimes difficult to fathom administrative system (with regards to HR and middle management).

Consider a review of technical support staff in specific locations, and of central IT management, as this department often feels unresponsive.

Consider finding ways to reduce class sizes for practical lab sessions in the faculty of technology, as equipment (and sometimes staff) can be overstretched by lab groups of 15 or more.

Having a great time working here!!!

Current Employee - Residence Staff  in  Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Residence Staff in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at De Montfort University as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Can contact my manager easily to ask for time off, which is normally approved given at least 3 days of notice. Was given training for all aspects of the job, and trust me there was lots of training.

Cons

Felt that the managers directly senior to me were being constricted by their managers... some ideas I thought were awesome was not approved

Giving opportunities to work in international environments

Current Employee - International Student Ambassador  in  Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - International Student Ambassador in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at De Montfort University part-time for less than a year

Pros

International environments, and good payment system

Cons

lack of real time vacancies updating for special events

Worked for De Montfort University? Contribute to the Community!