DeKalb Medical

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John A. Shelton Jr.

Great job, great environment, and the co-workers made the difference. Amazing boss.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) North Decatur, GA

ProsCompensation is based on experience, however the wages were good. I never got a raise while working for this company because of the recession and the job cuts but from what I was told the raises were given yearly and were reasonable.

ConsI can not think of any it is such a great place to work room for advancement, and you feel part a family. Large hospital yet you get to know everyone rather quickly.

Great Manager

Staff Nurse (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsMy department manager was the best leader ever!

ConsSome fellow staff nurses were a little ghetto

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to keep the good ones.

Lots of history, people who know the ins and outs. Bringing in new leaders, staff.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsYou can make a difference. There's always plenty of work and challenges to solve.

ConsLack of resources. Hold raises for staff yet management gets bonuses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN

ProsThey have self scheduling which is flexible

ConsNot really appreciative of staff.

Overall a great experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsDiverse, family oriented, they care about their employees and staff! Got many oppurtunities to learn and be challenged. My managers provided great training and support.

ConsSome bureaucracy like another company, and some managers work to benefit themselves or get promotions so just got to watch out for that. Salaries are average, nothing over the top, raises are minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with your staff. I understand it takes time for change but if management is more transparent about changes then the transitions will be easier for all involved. Do as you say, false hope is tough to deal with.

Accounting

Accountant (Current Employee) North Decatur, GA

ProsThe staff there are great and they are very nice. This is why I did not give the place a 1 rating.

ConsThey need to place more qualified individuals in management. There has to be some organization and structure which there is not. They need to invest in updating there software programs. They are very behind and there processes are very manual. There is a lack of a team environment and as with every company out there right now, employees are completely under appreciated. There are to many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified middle management and get rid of those that cannot accomplish the goals and progress the organization. Stop hiring and promoting those that are just brown nosers.

overall good place to work

CCRN (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

Prosarea for growth in you job

Consto many non english speaking people

For IT Professionals, DeKalb Medical is Pushing Beyond.

ProsFor the IT Professional, DeKalb Medical is great place to work. They are committed to excellence and are utilizing industry leading tools and processes. Leadership and Management is top notch.

ConsBeing not for profit, don't expect too many frills.
    Being a large employer, some things take time to turn.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay committed to being the best.

There is a family environment at DeKalb, but the benefits are decreasing every year.

Credentials Coordinator (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsThere is a family environment at DeKalb Medical. Many emplyees have worked there over twenty five years. You can transfer to a different department for advancement or a different challange. Supervisors do seem to be quite lenient when it comes to discipline, so employees are given every chance to improve themselves.

ConsYou've got to know the right person to get a chance for advancement. The benenfits have gotten worse every year. Communication to employees from upper manangement is usually only once a year. Oppotunities for a raise are given each fall, with a chance at one to three percent. Each department is given a certain amount to be divided between the employees for a raise, so chances are slim you will get above the one percent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest and communicate more often with the employees. Benefits are in great need of improvement.

A good work experience when staffing is good!

RN L&D (Current Employee)

ProsTeam work among coworkers. Good salary. Friendly atmosphere

ConsAlways short staffed and overworked! Too much criticism from management. ,

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better method of retaining employees!

Worked for DeKalb Medical? Contribute to the Community!