DePaul Industries

www.depaulindustries.com

DePaul Industries Reviews

2.6

CEO

Great company mission, wonderful people and working hard to improve.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at DePaul Industries full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Social mission and hard working people with strong commitment.

Cons

Greater financial resources are needed to provide better IT infrastructure, marketing budget and employee development.

Keep doing what you are doing and we will reach our revenue goals to fuel the growth and excellence of the company.

I was a reliable laborer, assembly worker, mover and whatever the job entailed

Former Employee - Unloader in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Unloader in Portland, OR

I worked at DePaul Industries part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If your acting Supervisor see's you as a good worker with a strong work ethic, you're more than likely to receive the first jobs

Cons

When there's no work, employment can be a problem.

Anticipate the time period when you suspect slower hiring, and come up with a solution to contact other Agencies whom need workers at that particular time

Good experience, but only for entry-level nonprofit workers

Former Employee - Job Coach in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Job Coach in Portland, OR

I worked at DePaul Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fairly easy work. Mainly observing others. This position can help as a stepping stone to jobs that pay more and have increased responsibilities. You are helping out other, job coaching individuals with a developmental disability.

Cons

Pay is consistent with nonprofit work, but other companies (ex: SL Start, Partners In Careers, etc) pay more. The job is boring as much of your time is observing only.

Please tell those in charge of compensation decisions to increase pay for employees. Increase pay for job coach position. Allow for more responsibilities or more lead/supervisory positions.

"Hell is a place where there is no reason."

Former Employee - Laborer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Laborer in Portland, OR

I worked at DePaul Industries part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The majority of the laborers are friendly and interesting people. There is a language barrier among roughly 70 percent of the workforce, however everyone gets along well.

Cons

Disrespectful management. Laborers are mocked, verbally abused, and spoken down to. Worker safety is disregarded for financial reasons. Employees are told to pick up dirty trash and broken pallets (with exposed rusty nails) using bare hands.

My advice to any potential employees: You may find yourself in financial desperation with few other options. Realize that sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes we must do unpleasant things. If you need to, take this job, but don't let this job take you. This is temporary and something better will come along. Do not settle for mediocrity and don't be afraid to climb outside of your comfort zone. Don't take to heart any of the verbal abuse you will endure.