DePere Concepts

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cole Heeg

Work Hard, Play Hard

Corporate Trainer/Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time for less than a year

ProsThe 9 months I worked at DePere Concepts gained me several years of experience in the sales field. I was offered a great position because of the dedication and hard work I put in while working here. I would have never been able to personally develop this fast without the training and support of DePere Concepts. Great opportunity to work your way up the company ladder as fast as you can, as long as you work hard and apply the training. Great team atmosphere. If you work hard and apply your training to the job at task, this can be a very lucrative job as well. "Work hard, play hard!"

ConsDepending on the day, working outside can be a buzz kill or amazing. If you do not plan on working hard, this job will be a Con for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stop, keep doin' what you're doin'! Anyone who has written a negative review about you and DePere Concepts did not work hard and expected things to be handed to them.

Great experience.. left with lots of marketable skills!

Team Lead (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time for more than a year

ProsLearned a lot at my time with DePere. DePere taught me very valuable people skills and managerial skills. Made me that much more valuable when I applied to jobs after I left Depere. Still have a great network of professionals and friends there.

ConsTraining program is intense and challenging. I picked things up pretty quickly, but may be more difficult for those not willing to learn and have an open mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementStress the value of the experience to those looking to apply. People don't understand it's a great way to grow and learn. Lots of companies love experience like this on their resume. I have gotten many job offers because of working at DePere!

Great Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DePere Concepts as an intern for less than a year

ProsI worked at DePere Concepts as a intern as I was finishing up my college degree. The experience and knowledge I gained far exceeded anything I could have hoped to learn in a classroom. First and foremost the training and development offered by management and senior leadership proves the company wants all of its employees and even interns to grow and better themselves professionally. Training modules were provided on a daily basis to teach new and proven sales and marketing techniques techniques to better acclimate new and tenured employees to best practices in the industry. Not only are training sessions available, but management goes out of their way to provided one on one feedback to offer advice to help you excel personally and professionally. While it's expected that your manager would take it upon themselves to aid in your development it isn't necessarily expected that your peers would go out of their way to help you as well, but that's exactly what happens at DePere. As long as you take the initiative to better yourself and advance your career there are limitless resources available to you to help you reach all of your goals. As long as you work hard and take responsibility for your success there are no reasons why you wouldn't succeed and advance. There are so many opportunities to improve and advance this is a great career path. Not only does management care about your career, but they take an interest in you as a person. Because of this the work environment at DePere Concepts is unparalleled. Not only do you feel like a valued employee and business partner, but also a friend. I have gained immeasurable knowledge and experience and could not be more grateful to Cole and the DePere staff for helping me better myself personally and professionally.

ConsA person should not take this position if they intend to sit back and collect a paycheck. A position with DePere Concepts requires hard work and dedication, but as long as you put in the work there are countless opportunities provided to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice, knowledge, and experience you provided be are unmatched. Continue to not only care about your employees careers and lives, but to keep your integrity intact and you will continue to excel in the industry.

Great experience and opportunity

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time for less than a year

ProsThings you SHOULD know about DePere Concepts:
1) They represent fortune 500 companies.
2) They are an affiliate of a company that has been established for 20 years
3) It is a management training program - their goal is to promote an entry level sales person into management; a business model that has been proven to be effective in ANY sales office.

This is coming from an existing employee of DePere. I have worked with the company for three months now, and cannot be any happier. I have a Marketing degree and management experience (not a requirement, but it helps!) but NO sales experience. This position has given be the tools to develop my personal selling skills while earning more money than I have at any other position since graduation. And yes, when I reach management in six-twelve months I will be making six figures. If nothing else, I have gained skills essential for obtaining a career in business management, marketing or sales. If you are too proud to do sales, then we do not want you here - go seek out your cushy desk job answering phone calls all day in a cubicle and be happy with your $28,000 a year salary - let me know how that works out for you 10 years from now. However, If you feel that you were destined for something a little greater than that, we would love to see what you are made of. And the training is paid, so what do you have to lose?

ConsThe learning curve - it has taken me about two weeks to perfect my craft. With little sales experience, I had to put a lot of effort into developing my skill set. But their has been no greater feeling than becoming a successful salesmen.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about the little guys. If this business has taught us anything, its to treat everything (and everyone) as a great opportunity.

Horrible door-to-door scam

Door-to-door Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is a lot of training time. About 1.5-2 hours is used to teach and practice sales pitches every morning.

ConsEverything about this job except what was listed above is a con. The job itself is horrible. It is an aggressive, cold-knock, door-to-door sales job selling ATT U-Verse or whatever it is they're current selling. You drive to the office at 10am, play games that involve practicing your sales pitch, and have a meeting. It becomes repetitive and a complete waste of time after the first few days. Then you and your 'teams' go to lunch and then to the field where you will knock on doors and have them slammed in your faced for 7-8 hours. You will then drive back to the office where you can hit a gong if you made any sales that day while others clap, it's seriously the lamest thing ever. Then you go home. Keeping in mind that you are not at all compensated for gas or car mileage even though you have to drive up to an hour one way to the neighborhood you're selling at. Pay is commission based ONLY. Because the first 2 weeks are training where you shadow a coworker and can't make any sales, you get $50 a week so averaged between the 40+ hours you've worked that week, I'd say it's a complete scam. But if you're a hard-worker and believe the promises of better times they tell you, you'd look past the 2 weeks like I unfortunately did. It doesn't get any better. They 'promote' you after a week or so to give you false hope. With the promotion, you have a lot more responsibilities for the same pay. As a leader, you can now interview new hires and brainwash them into thinking it's a great workplace. To move up past a leader in the company, you have to hire and keep 10 people working under you and they each have to have people under them. That's virtually impossible because most people know right away that this is all a scam and leave within a couple weeks, if that. The turnover rate is terrible. Work hours are Monday-Friday 10am-8-9pm and Saturday 10-6 or 7pm. There is no time for anything but this job and making no money. Even the best workers get little pay. All the other 'positive' reviews on here are Cole's friends or his favorites who don't work there anymore because it's obviously ridiculous, but want him to succeed because Cole makes money when apps come in. To put it simply, this is a COMPLETE scam. DON'T DO IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hurting people who are just trying to find honest work. Instead of paying managers so much, pay the people who do all the work.

I learned so much

Team Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time for more than a year

Prosgood training program, hands on entry level sales, face to face experience, training experience, after the experience I received working for DePere I got offered my dream job. The same job that told me I wasn't qualified a year ago.

ConsThis is not a sit back and collect a pay check kind of job. It takes dedication. Really the only reason I left was the long hours and I couldn't spend enough time with my family. But I probably would have never received my current position if I couldn't do what I did at depere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing Cole!! Thanks for being hard on me.

Awesome opportunity to grow!!!

Account Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time for less than a year

ProsI've been working at DePere Concepts for two months and already received a promotion!!

ConsWorking 50 hours a week for a 750 pay check!

Advice to Senior ManagementTighten up the office a bit - to much freedoms are given to employees

Awesome time while I was here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time for more than a year

ProsThis place is a blast to work at! The morning meetings were my favorite! It has a very friendly staff and Cole is HOT!!!! I had a great time and was even able to pay off all my college debt!! Can't say that while I was working in retail!!!!! This place is overflowing with opportunities. If I move again I'd go back!

ConsThe commute was getting too much after I had to move back home to take care of my mom. If that stuff never happened i'd still be there!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up guys! Miss you!

An optimistic look

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company is loyal and puts pride in integrity! The employ candidates that want to work and that truly are fun and outgoing. The team at DePere was the most enjoyable and fun I had ever had an employment. If it wasn't for the cool crowd, I would not have made it through.

ConsThe hours are not ideal if your a morning person.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe weekly team nights are truly great bonding experiences!

Laid back environment!

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time

ProsGreat environment. Non-stressful. Exciting crowd! Work hard to make your own paycheck =awesome!

ConsDepere is located in Independence, and unfortunately I lived further away-commute was not OK from my home.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.Business seems to booming!!

Worked for DePere Concepts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DePere Concepts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DePere Concepts CEO Cole Heeg. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by DePere Concepts employees.