DePere Concepts

Updated January 14, 2015
Updated January 14, 2015
3.9

Cole Heeg

Unlimited personal and professional growth

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Independence, OH

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are more pro's than I can count when considering employment at DePere Concepts. Management is incredibly supportive of all it's employees. There is a 100% open door policy. Anytime there is a question or concern management is there is offer it's support an guidance. You never feel that you are in it alone. Everyone within the organization is there to help one another. Whether it's developing interpersonal skills, management skills, marketing skills there is always someone willing to take extra time to help others perfect their craft. With all of the guidance and tools provided there isn't a reason for someone to succeed within this company.

Cons

You can't just coast in this job. You get out of the position what you put in. If you're just looking to get a check this isn't the position for you. The harder you work, the more you will benefit.

Continue putting time and energy into your employees. With the support and guidance that you provide is extremely valuable and will promote a enjoyable working environment.

Productive work place with great management

I worked at DePere Concepts part-time

Pros

Modern work environment with nice and helpful co-workers. Part Time was perfect while I was in school. Everything I was learning about I was working on. Very easy transition from graduating to working in my career field. I always feel I have the freedom to learn new tasks, and challenge myself each day. Great commitment to staff development.

Cons

There may be times where lunch and breaks came second to client management. Some accounts require more time and work, but I quickly adjusted to the clients needs and was given additional training. That might be more of a difficulty for some people.

I loved the training and the opportunity you have here. I would suggest to continue to do more with the colleges in the area. That really helped me transition from being in school. I would suggest also more employee reviews. It helped me know what areas I needed to work on and what I was doing right in the other areas.

A great way to start a career.

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time

Pros

I started working at depere after college looking for an opportunity. I was provided valuable training to work with major clients they are connected with. I was surprised to hear they play in the major leagues, working with major companies like AT&T and Direct Energy. These clients gave us so many awesome promotions. I received multiple bonuses and promotions like Beats by Dre headphones, great ticket seats to multiple sports games, a tablet, and a 40" t.v. A few of my colleges won trips to Costa Rica and the Bahamas. I traveled a lot while working here. We traveled to multiple conferences with these clients in Chicago, Baltimore, and Los Angeles. I learned so much and was able to apply this to my new position. It also looked great having experience working on the marketing and sales with these major companies.

Cons

Only for people looking to start a career. It's a management training program so is it competitive and has little room for laziness.

I love how this company is run. Management makes this a successful business. Keep investing in your employees, they are wonderful people.

Stepping stone

Former Employee - Leader in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Leader in Independence, OH

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You learn valuable information about sales, training and interviewing. It is a great experience and a lot of people in the office want to help you. There are some awesome and talented people who can go far. Easy to get hired (they'll hire anybody) because people are the commodity. It looks really good on a resumé.

Cons

You work 60 hours per week, preferential treatment to those people who can stay on managements good side. You work poverty stricken areas at times (which is bad for uverse because they check credit). The good territory is given to people who are liked the most and coworkers will cheat you behind your back and smile in your face. Worked here 6 months and I've seen 20 people quit and 1 person get promoted.

Be more honest, fair and cut out the politics and faking.

DePere Concepts Response

Oct 15, 2014Owner

Dear Anonymous Employee,

We truly appreciate your feedback and would like to apologize for any hard feelings that you may have towards our management team. I am sure that was very frustrating for
    ... More

Very Pleased Intern!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Independence, OH

I worked at DePere Concepts as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I was an intern at DePere for the summer and it was an awesome experience. I felt that I learned hands on what the real world is like. The training provided me with so much knowledge and information about the products. Everyone was extremely nice and willing to help me whenever I was struggling.

Cons

hours- its a long day, but worth it if you are making $$.

Run shorter morning meetings

Account Executive and senior recruiting officer

I have been working at DePere Concepts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Builds personal confidence and goal setting

Cons

None all this is about personal growth

By far one of my all time favorite jobs I've ever had.

Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Executive Account Manager in Independence, OH

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Every day at DePere Concepts is a new learning experience. Not only do you start the day off with in the office training, every single employee there is willing to help out not only new but also old employees as well. Working for Cole has changed my life in so many positive ways, I could never thank him enough for the things that I learned while working for his company.
    After graduating high school a year early at age 17, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I proceeded to go off to college and waste 4 years of my life obtaining an associates and a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Upon graduating at 21, I was lost. I had no idea what I wanted to do nor did I have any idea why I got the degree that I got. After a year and a half working the most ridiculous jobs I could imagine, I found DePere Concepts. It was a sales position that I have never heard of nor had any idea what it entailed, but the position I applied for said customer service which is something I've always been good at since I am a people person. At first I was so nervous, I was unsure about the employees, the company, the work I was going to be doing and even Cole himself. I had heard a few positive things and more than a few negatives about the company before I started. But, I don't like to believe the things I hear unless I have definite back up of those reviews, so I decided to take it upon myself to find out what this company was all about. My very first day, I walked in and was greeted with the utmost respect from the office administration team who made me feel like I was already an important part of their team. I met some of the most amazing and caring people, who I am still very good friends with to this day. After a week of extensive hands on training, in the office as well as the field, I was sent out on my own. I had no idea if I would be any good at this job or if it was just something I thought I should try because I thought I needed a change in my life. My first day out of training was a rough one to say the least. I was too nervous to completely be myself and talk to customers about the products we were offering as I didn't know them completely and was afraid to tell someone wrong information and because I wasn't 100% committed to the job yet. After I took the time to learn all the products and the pitch we were to use as a guideline, everything changed. I began to have a new outlook on my position within the company and knew that the only thing holding me back from success was myself. Getting up for work everyday was no longer an issue for me as I grew to absolutely love the job, well career, that I had started. Getting promoted was now up to me, if I wanted to get promoted I had to work for it. There was no favoritism and no "he's been here longer, so he gets promoted first". So knowing that I could potentially move up higher in the company than someone who has been there way longer than I have, set a fire in me. I went out and worked hard every day. Within two weeks of my start date I was promoted and starting to build my own team and couldn't have been more excited.
    Every day became a new experience where I was not only learning new things about the career itself, but also about myself and the amazing opportunities I was capable of having. (which without Cole, I would have never known or even figured out). The face to face experience with the customers is something I have benefitted greatly from doing. It teaches you to push yourself outside of your comfort zone to accomplish the tasks that you never thought possible. The most amazing part of working for Cole and his company is what I took with me when I changed my career path. I have developed the most outstanding people skills. Talking to strangers that I just met is no longer an awkward situation for me, which is amazing because I am always running into people I don't know. A major positive I learned from working for Cole is time management. I was the absolute worse, now I never have a problem with any time management. My favorite concept I really applied there was "work hard, play hard". The harder you worked the better it was to celebrate after!
    As for Cole, he is one of the most selfless people I have ever met in my entire life. He was always there for anyone when they needed any help, especially for me. During my employment at DePere I ended up getting sick and was in and out of the hospital and doctors offices and Cole would call and check up on me everyday, making sure I was doing okay and asking if there was anything he could do for me to help me recover quicker. He is an amazing human being and anyone who gets the chance to work for him should realize the opportunity and take it before it is too late.
    As for me, I have taken my talents elsewhere and now successfully sell real estate. Without Cole and the experiences I gained while working for DePere Concepts, I know for a fact that I would not be where I am today and honestly cannot be thankful enough for everything I learned and the life long friends that I have as a result.

Cons

If you are lazy and not willing to work hard for success than this is not the job for you. You are given the opportunity to essentially be your own boss and if you take advantage of the time you have to be working and decide not to do any work....you wont make any money. In order to be successful and grow within the company (which isn't a hard thing to do), you must have the drive and motivation to do it!

Keep up the good work! Building relationships with the employees is one of my favorite things you do! You go Cole!

Horrid

I have been working at DePere Concepts

Pros

No pros since this was a scam, no one should apply here if they would like to make money. Not the job that it was made out to be.

Cons

This place is very much a scam. They mislead you with their posts on the different job sites. I went in thinking this was a 9-5 office job, but as it turns out, its far from that. Its a door to door sales job where earning is based on commission. As a young job seeker, I needed something steady where I could get a guaranteed paycheck, this wasn't it. Not the job for someone starting out on a career search.

Quit misleading young job seekers.

DePere Concepts Response

Oct 15, 2014Owner

Dear Anonymous Employee,
    The team at DC Inc appreciates your feedback and would like to apologize for any mis-communication that was given to you in our interview process. This is a sales and
    ... More

I met my family while at DPC

Former Employee - Account Representative in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Independence, OH

I worked at DePere Concepts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

While I was employed at DePere Concepts, Inc, I grew incredibly as a person and professional. When I started working with Cole and the team at DPC, I was a year out of college and looking for something that didn't involve me sitting behind a desk, answering phones all day. I am naturally an open minded and optimistic person and was delighted to see that we worked outside. I learned about sales, something I had no idea about before working at DePere. Sales tactics have helped me with my new jobs now that I moved back to California. I loved the family feeling while at this company. For a while, I was the ONLY female working at DPC. During that time period, I gained 12 brothers I never knew I had. They took care of me as I was their own and took me under their wing.

Cons

If you want to sit in your car all day and collect a paycheck, go work at McDonald's. However, if you're willing to work hard and earn every cent you take home, have fun with it.
    The only other con I can think of is to make sure you have the confidence in yourself to improve and lead a team. Without confidence, this job is very difficult.

The manager knows I will always refer to him as a very good friend. The only advice I have for him is to make sure to tell the interviews what they'll be doing in the field. Many of them have no idea when they walk in the door.

JOB SERIOUSLY BLOWS !!!!!!.. BIGGEST WASTE OF MY TIME EVER every positive review is from the owner.. it is so obvious ..

Current Employee - Work Horse
    Current Employee - Work Horse

I have been working at DePere Concepts (less than a year)

Pros

no pros at all ... job blows pretty simple . management knows very little knowledge of marketing AND I MEAN VERY LITTLE!!!

Cons

everything about the job is a con IT IS A TOTAL SCAMMMM! SCAMM SCAM!!!!!!!! run for the hills if you have a career somewhere else , stay there! this job is not for anyone with half a brain , you do the work and upper management gets the money plain and simple , you are the work horse for this job , the owner has these meetings and tells you pointless stories about this and that , that nobody cares about and you practice sales pitch's so when you go walk through "neighborhoods" you are gonna be the top sales rep , and word of advice EVERYONE that actually stays with this position longer then a week is dumb but for the people that have they ALL GET PROMOTED , NO "big" good company just promotes you like that .... the office cheap its just really not a good job for anyone unless you like making NO MONEY basically and get blisters on your feet ,

my advice to management is to get your facts straight about marketing sales and go back to COLLEGE ... this job sucks you know it and everyone else does ... it seriously is the biggest scam