DeVries Public Relations

Updated Mar 7, 2014

DeVries Public Relations CEO Stephanie Smirnov

Stephanie Smirnov

DeVries

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations full-time for more than a year

ProsDeVries is a well oil machine with a set of strategic and creative thinkers. The 360 collaboration and brand planning is far above traditional pr standards.

ConsWhile there have been efforts to improve work-life balance among the entire company there are teams that are working late hours around the clock and then others that seem to stick to company office hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should regulate each teams work load and consider staffing where needed.

Wrecking Ball and House of Cards

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations full-time for less than a year

ProsBeware my friends of the reviews listed here. I started six months ago moving from Chicago to New York and this place is a disaster - everything is disorganized and the people are rude

ConsClients are horrific - expecting wha results with retainers at 15 to 20k - clients treating staff horrible and Management refuses to do anything due to money

Advice to Senior ManagementShut the doors, turn off be lights, and say adios to the worst PR firm in the world - adios

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

A powerhouse of ideas and great thinkers. People that really get it.

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDynamic teams and a sophisticated approach to the business. A mid-size agency that enables growth for its employees and for its clients. While many agencies seem stuck in the world of traditional PR, DeVries Global pushes the envelope mixing earned and social media in a way that is credible and interesting.

ConsI haven't experienced any negative experiences.

Great place to work

Social Media Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at DeVries Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey highly value work/life balance and strive to make this a priority. There is huge opportunity for career growth if you are specialize.

ConsIf you start in an entry level position it is hard to get senior management support.

Great place

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations full-time for more than a year

ProsDevries is a great agency. Lots of very smart people and fantastic clients. You definitely get high visibility to the client even at a junior level. It is a very hands-on environment. The benefits are great as is the PTO policy.

ConsThe compensation is horrible -- but that is true of most agencies. Also, it is very hard to get promoted at Devries. It seems as though promotions are based solely on need instead of merit. So while this agency is great for people who are comfortable with the status quo, you do find that go-getters leave after a few years so they can move up and get better pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work in terms of the overall positive environment at the agency. However, be sure to reward employees who are smart and work hard so that they stay.

Great place to work but you sacrifice some pay for the lifestyle

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at DeVries Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmazing, big brand experience with hard-working, smart professionals.

ConsLow pay and tied to Interpublic so company performance feels out of your control

Great growth opportunities and fun work -- terrible compensation

Account Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations

ProsDeVries is a great agency. Smart employees, driven supervisors. Overall positive atmosphere. People really care and want to deliver the best they can for the clients.

ConsDeVries is not competitive with salaries. While you may get a decent amount when you first start, they are not competitive to keep you there. You will need to leave and jump jobs to get the raise you deserve.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward employees that are loyal and stay with you for years by making their salary match what it would be if they left to go to a competitor. It's hard to stay loyal when you get emails from recruiters on a daily basis trying to steal you with the promise of a much higher salary.

DeVries is a great place to work!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations

ProsDeVries cares about its employees, and working here is a pleasure. In 3+ years, I can only think of maybe 3 days that I wasn't a smiling, happy employee. My team is great and is very collaborative.

ConsIf I had to mention a con, it would be our building. It's a bit run down and that can be frustrating, but the building management team is great and they try to help where they can.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have more communication between employees and management at times, but I feel like I can trust the management to steer us in the right direction as an agency.

My experience has at DVPR has been educational and rewarding.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations

ProsLots of PTO, great work environment, private offices, wonderful HR staff, smart people

Consbureaucracy from managment and clients

Overall my experience at DeVries has been enjoyable. I feel challenged and fulfilled at the end of the day here.

I have been working at DeVries Public Relations

ProsI consider DeVries to be a respectful workplace with a friendly environment. Most importantly, I find that creativity is encouraged amongst team members on all client projects.

ConsThe building conditions are less than desirable. With the length and duration of the ongoing construction it has become increasingly distracting to employees. Not to mention the loss of natural light throughout office space.

Worked for DeVries Public Relations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DeVries Public Relations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DeVries Public Relations CEO Stephanie Smirnov. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by DeVries Public Relations employees.