DeVry Education Group Reviews

Reset

1. DeVry University, Phoenix, AZ

Current Employee - Associate Professor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Professor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with the students, most of them are motivated to pursue a career. The company stresses communication and continuous improvement. There are many ideas brought up that help to make improvements in the course material, course delivery, provide the tools for students to learn more efficiently.

Cons

There is no bookstore on campus, textbooks are available online, but they can be obtained from other sources too.

2. Network Operations Center

Current Employee - Associate Infrastructure Services & Operations in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fast paste, laid back environment. Great management and co-workers.

Cons

I don't have any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

DeVry Education Group embodies a culture that focuses on empowering and developing employees in order for its students to succeed.

Cons

I have nothing to add in this section.

Advice to Management

You have a wealth of great talent within the company, please continue to offer your future leaders the opportunity to stretch and grow.

5. QA Analyst

Pros

Great work environment, nice colleagues

Cons

The commute can be difficult

Great company with opportunity for professional development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to develop new skills and increase your education level. Managers and HR are supportive of colleague development and encourage colleagues to own the development of their career.

Cons

There is plenty of opportunity to develop your skills but not as much opportunity to move up in every department. You can move across departments and institutions though, you just need to put yourself out there and take on extra projects so others can see the value you bring. Be a Do-er.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on creating value, flex work and developmental opportunities in order to engage your colleagues even when there are no promotional opportunities. Leaders need to be more connected with their departments and lead by example.

Assistant Director of Enrollment Services

I have been working at DeVry Education Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, teamwork, family environment, room for advancement, competitive salary, continuous education for improvement and constructive work environment.

Cons

Nothing at this time, great job!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work in keeping DeVry Educational Group and it's institutions a place where people want to work!

Operations

Current Employee - Senior Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DeVry is a great place to work. Management is highly engaged to ensure that the student's best interest is at heart. The company strives to create a culture where all colleagues have the opportunity to grow if they put the effort forth. Lastly, I appreciate DeVry's commitment to operating in a manner that goes beyond compliance. DeVry works to create an environment where colleagues work in an ethical manner not by mandate, but by choice.

Cons

While the company works hard to innovate and keep ahead of the curve, there can be more emphasis placed on being a company that leads the charge - not follows.

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback and then communicate that we as colleagues are heard.

Representative

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros

The culture is to TEACH. Inside or outside of the classroom, our colleagues strive to better each other by providing constructive feedback. Our culture is to promote growth from within. I love the fact that roles offer telecommute options. I believe this improves the work-life balance. Our upper management team interacts with colleagues and approachable.

Cons

There can be personal cons. Management styles may not always mesh well and this is due to differences in personalities and should not reflect of the organization. I personally do not have any cons working for DEG.

Advice to Management

Manager-colleague relationships is the first bond when starting at any organization. Managers and colleagues should strive to keep a positive spin on the use of our open door policy. Colleagues should have confidence in the ability to speak with their manager and vice versa. Positive engagement ensure less turn over of phenomenal colleagues.

Culture of Care

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits + Tuition Assistance Flexible work Schedule Culture of Care for Students, Colleagues and Community Opportunity for Growth Recognition Programs

Cons

Recent Layoffs although DVU has a return to growth plan in place

Advice to Management

None

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Program Director in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Program Director in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for DeVry Education Group (Carrington College) has been incredibly positive. There are many opportunities for professional growth & advancement.

Cons

At times communication is delayed regarding strategic plans - to be expected in a company this size

Advice to Management

Continue to support personnel & faculty, provide incentives & training. Love my job!!

RSS Feed </> Embed