DeVry Education Group Reviews

Reset

1. Senior Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Positive, caring, ethical culture. Our institutions and services help change students' lives for the better Diverse portfolio of institutions and services, many opportunities to expand one's career and professional experiences Good benefits

Cons

Compensation growth can be slow The current regulatory environment can constrain innovation and speed to response

2. Great organization with an inspiring vision

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring culture and great benefits, that include tuition benefits, success sharing, colleague development training, and flex work opportunities.

Cons

Uncertainty about job security due to recent reductions and location closures.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in colleague development and resources in order to help students achieve their educational and career goals.

DVG review

Current Employee - Senior Director of ALIS in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director of ALIS in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros

The company culture centered around the TEACH values is truly a tangible element of the positive "vibe" at the company.

Cons

We get in our own way sometimes, we have way too many meetings, are title conscious at the risk of not making decisions and in general are risk adverse. I want to see more BIG ideas.

Advice to Management

Run with a BIG idea and get everyone involved.

DeVry Education Group

Current Employee - Manager, IT in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Manager, IT in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company , good people that want to do the right things

Cons

As DeVry is a good company to work for .....more PTO would be welcome. too much red tape when trying to accomplish the right things....

6. DVG Company Review

Current Employee - Director in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros

DVG is focused on culture and I am seeing the changes.

Cons

Many are held accountable for implementing changes while others are not.

7. Ehhhh...

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros

-Good training program for the job.

Cons

-You are micro-managed every second of your shift. -You feel like you are a child at work. -Low employee morale.

Advice to Management

-Stop micro-managing and treating your employees like children.

Director

Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging and interesting projects are readily available and there are plenty of stretch assignments given in my area. This gives people room to grow within their role and through interim assignments and promotion. Overall, I believe the organization does a pretty good job differentiating high performers via performance management, pay, and career growth opportunities. Is there room to improve in that area, absolutely. But I think they are doing their best under the circumstances. Upper management, for the most part, seems to truly believe in the mission and values of the organization. Communication to employees is balanced between optimism about the future and caution related to the current challenges in our industry. Culture is a trendy buzzword in business these days, but it is something the organization is really starting to focus on and I am interested in seeing where it goes. I believe the culture was already relatively strong here, but consistent application can take it to a new level.

Cons

The organization can do a better job of discussing expected or desired career paths with employees...from both the employee's and organization's perspective. Up to this point in my career here, I am unclear as to what potential plans the organization has for me and how that might fit into my career goals. Growing pay outside of the normal review cycle seems to be easier under some leaders than others.

Advice to Management

Explicitly communicate succession plans and drive consistency in the actions of you and your teams, particularly as you roll out any new culture initiatives.

Positive Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time

Pros

- Very ethical organization for the education industry - A lot of internal programs geared towards the employee included flex work hours and remote employment possibilities - solid employee benefits - strong opportunity to grow beyond the individual employing institution and out into other schools within the corporation's portfolio - Fair pay that is based on industry and location analysis - strong belief in a culture that puts the student (customer) first

Cons

- Culture can tends to be on the cynical side when times are tough - Depending on the institution within the organizations portfolio, management hierarchy can be top heavy

Advice to Management

Continue to try and improve culture with the addition of more social programs that have interaction amongst employees

Why DeVry

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

This organization has enabled me with the ability to grow and move within it. They have supported my career goals and aided my in pursuant of new roles.

Cons

Concern regarding the health of the for profit school market place. Because of that there has been waves of layoffs the pass couple of years that have created a level job insecurity.

Great Benefits, Great Company

Current Employee - Faculty Resource Specialist in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Faculty Resource Specialist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DeVry Education Group promotes a great work-life balance allowing flexible schedules, remote work, and healthy living initiatives. The company has good top-down communication and rewards colleagues effectively to recognize achievements, contributions, and the meeting of goals.

Cons

DeVry Education Group could have a higher baseline salary for colleagues, but they make up for it with flexible scheduling benefits. Communication between departments can be improved as well as increased technical support for remote colleagues.

Advice to Management

Continued efforts with providing flexible schedules for colleagues is essential. Increased channels of communications between departments on higher level projects would also be beneficial. Colleagues on the ground floor should be asked to provide thoughts on possible impacts that higher level management might not consider for some big decisions. Additionally, providing colleagues with additional healthy living incentives such as discounted or supported race registrations and healthier cafeteria options would be appreciated and could even help lower insurance costs. Overall, DeVry Education Group is a great company to work for.

RSS Feed </> Embed