DeVry University Reviews in Bethesda, MD

2.7

DeVry University President David Pauldine
David Pauldine

Pros
  • decent pay for coming straight out of college and pretty good benefits (in 28 reviews)

• Great benefits package, great staff at the local campuses most doing their jobs as best as they can (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is hard to maintain, if you are trying to make the most of the tuition benefits (in 13 reviews)

• Also to show upper management they implemented a checks and balance system (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience and great on resumes

Former Employee - IT Tech Assistant  in  Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - IT Tech Assistant in Bethesda, MD

I worked at DeVry University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience and communication training really great staff

Cons

none that I can even think of

more opportunities for training

Disillusioned

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor  in  Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at DeVry University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Experience
    Used to be a great place to work
    The vision to educate with hands on experience was innovative and quite attractive especially since I had a traditional educational background and felt that I could have benefited more from hands on. That was a great selling tool for new students
    Great education reimbursement program

Cons

Too numbers driven, not focusing on whether the program and the university is the right choice for the student.
    Way too expensive, in the DC area there are Ivy league schools in the same tuition bracket.
    Favoritism, upper management not willing to hear the truth and punishes employees who dare speak up.
    Also there is no room for advancement if you work in certain depts., your interest in moving or changing job roles is seen somewhat as a betrayal and is rewarded in you getting demoted or fired.
    Worked there for over 5 years , consistently achieved goals, trained new employees and helped institute many of the current operations at the center and there was never any recognition or promotion. Only favorites were promoted and as it stands, I understand everyone has been fired and there are all new staff.

Unfortunately, I don't think management ever listens, it would be great to see a company actually take some of this feedback and do something productive with it. In HR we call it "Change Management". So that is my advice.

Worked for DeVry University? Contribute to the Community!