Dealer Specialties
dealerspecialties.com Monroe, OH 16 to 50 Employees

Dealer Specialties Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014
Dealer Specialties – US – “outside of office”

George Nenni

Great Company

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dealer Specialties full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFreedom, as a rep you are out on your own all day
achievable commission and bonuses
Great benefits

Conscompany is a little hesitant to go big and challenge companies like Auto Trader

I had an excellent experience with Dealer Specialties. They are a great company to work for.

Franchise Owner (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at Dealer Specialties full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood Products, Good People, Good Money, Good Culture, Good Career Opportunities

ConsA slight advantage in training and resources given to company owned markets over franchise owned markets

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see a more resources dedicated to training franchises on current and new technology

Solid Company

Market Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dealer Specialties full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible Schedule, ability to work from home and outdoors. Great to meet new people all the time and everyday you can be in a different town.

ConsArea is too big to cover for one person, virtually no support from upper management. Due to field reps only working piecemeal, no one stays for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying your field reps a salary and come into the 21st Century. Straight commission doesn't work anymore. Need to find a happy medium.

Digital Media Designer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dealer Specialties full-time for more than a year

ProsA great place to start your career. Fun atmosphere. Management had vision and wasn't afraid to try new things. Very innovative on the web front.

ConsPay never really increased causing younger employees to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

gotta be a hustler

Route Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dealer Specialties full-time

ProsFreedom to work on your own, at your own pace, without anyone breathing down your neck. If you work hard, and hustle, you can make as much as $40k.

ConsCOMMISSION ONLY! You have to be a hustler to get a paycheck. At first, you are handed a few accounts to learn the job. Then, once you learn how to do it, you are given about 14 accounts (if you are lucky). Most accounts don't pay well and you will have to do alot to earn your money. There are times when you cannot make any money- broken laptop, rain,snow, Most dealers think you are a lot guy and don't give you any help or respect. NO WORK=NO MONEY.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your reps a partial salary. The employee turnover rate is so high because....? Managers are too worried about numbers and not about good service. Nobody stands behing the reps, and they are the ones who keep the company afloat.

Not a great place to work for

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Dealer Specialties full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany car, laptop and gas card

ConsHorrible management. Cities change managers just about every year. In my four years I saw 4 of them. Will not allow you to sell or expand your route. Instead they will hire more reps. Dont expect to make more than 30k a year and expect to work 50 plus hours a week. You will NEVER advance in the company as a rep. Every year they lose more and more accounts due to horrible management.

Worked for Dealer Specialties? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dealer Specialties reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dealer Specialties CEO George Nenni. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Dealer Specialties employees.