Dealer Tire Reviews

Reset
2.8
Dealer Tire CEO Scott Mueller
Scott Mueller

It's what you make of it

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of flexibility. Strong leadership with clear direction. Extremely good to employees. Fast paced

Cons

High expectations can lead to burn out.

good company, good culture

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, nice environment solid salary

Cons

aggressive growth makes it difficult to reach sales objectives recently

Good place to work for a bit- but, not a long term career

Current Employee - Outside Account Manager
    Current Employee - Outside Account Manager

I have been working at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits- good base salary, company car, lap top, cell phone. Freedom to make your own schedule. Corporate credit card - lenient on expenses.

Cons

Check the box mentality with little support from management. Performance is measured by checking the box instead of sales and growth. Management is not in tune with employees- they say they want your feedback and input but if it isn't in line with their thinking, it is wrong. The field team can be isolated and has little support from corporate. There is little room for growth unless you live in Cleveland.

Advice to Management

Refocus on outside sales team - provide more support and listen to the feedback that comes from the field (not just what you think is going on or is beneficial). Stop focusing on checking the box and focus on actual sales performance.

Empty promises

Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Dealer Tire (More than 5 years)

Pros

-friendly workers -good place to gain little experience -great place to learn the world of corporate BS

Cons

-no future (you'll leave where to came in) -change is non-existant (even if problem exists for years!) - disgruntled staff -poor upper management -unfair work loads and expectations -low staff scan survey -smartest, brightest, hard-working workers have left for something better -poor pay for what you have to do -no chance for promotion or movement up the ladder -old world thinking (definitely not forward or progressive) -driven by profits over people -no culpability for management when something goes wrong

Advice to Management

Cherish your good workers and let those who don't care go.

Do people matter?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time

Pros

Growing company. Good Benefits. Parking is free.

Cons

Grew too fast. Lost sight of who and what made them successful. Middle management is filled with nasty, uncaring and, in some cases, totally unqualified people. HR is of no help to employees. If concerns are brought up to them, middle management will make sure your work life is miserable. It is well known there that HR is not "for" employees. I couldn't take the rigid, micromanagement style of ****. His arrogance and ignoring the human element of our business is directly opposite of my philosophy and the relationships I built over the past 3+ years. In the end, I went to HR and complained, then dropped the issue. He then set me up to fail by demanding that I call and ask him "permission" whenever I needed to work remotely or reply to a request - any request - of help. My nature is to help and do what needs to be done for Dealer Tire to remain up - simplistic and outdated "management" styles have no place at DT. I loathed going to work the past year - ever since they created the "lead" position. *** would never make up his mind for a solution. *** wanted to make all decisions and take all the credit. I am sure I can find a better job with a work-life balance somewhere between Akron and Cleveland! Karma is a wonderful thing! Behavior such as what ***and *** exhibited will bite them in the $$$ at some time in the near future. I've seen this happen so many times.

Advice to Management

You need to find out what is really going on in more layers of your company.

Company has gone down hill in the past few years.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO Scott Mueller and Dean Mueller are good people but from their view being at the top, they don't see how the VP's and Directors are ruining this company.

Cons

They have forgotten that the people are who made the company successful. The directors,VP's and middle management are greedy and have allowed people that have left the company to not be replaced. Putting extra work load on already over loaded employees. In effort for them to put more money in their pockets. When greed takes over, companies start to fail and they stop caring about their employees and their work-life balance. They stopped empowering their employees. It used to be a fun place to work. They are not flexible any more. It's big brother watching. It is such a shame to see what is becoming of this company. They have people in leadership roles with NO people skills. It's all about who you know if you want to advance in this company. Their focus has gotten lost along the way.

Advice to Management

You think what your doing is right for the company, but what you're doing is making people that are talented and skilled want to leave the company. You should be going to bat for your teams, supporting them to be successful, empowering them. You should genuinely care about the people in your department. And if you don't then you shouldn't be a manager. It is blatantly obvious that there are managers in our company that could care less about the people that work under them.

Smoke and Mirrors (And Unethical!!!) NEED TO READ THIS

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are what kept me there for 5 years. (Not management) It was very difficult leaving the company because you really develop great relationships with a lot of great people. (Again, not management)

Cons

Let me preface with this, and it is VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ!!! ... I know for a FACT that there is a person in HR who has gone on this site multiple times with multiple accounts to create positive reviews for this company because the overall reviews are so bad. Again, there is a person in HR who, unethically, tries to lure good talent in under false pretenses by creating fake accounts on company review sites to skew the reviews in their favor because overall it is so poor. Basically every positive review you read for Dealer Tire is a lie, it's smoke and mirrors. Everything that the President and CEO have done to try and make Dealer Tire a good place to work for their employees has been decimated by the partner group and the very, very poor management (VP's & Directors) team that they have invested in. Which is truly a shame because I believe that Scott and Dean Mueller are great men who are very generous but they get fed false information and are shocked every year by Staff Scan results. If you are thinking about working for Dealer Tire and are not being hired on for a management role you will agree with this review wholeheartedly within 6 months, I guarantee it. It happens to everyone, it's not specific to one or two departments it's across the board. And I'm not even writing this review as a disgruntled employee, I left on good terms. If you do decide to give this company a shot I wish you the best of luck, just pay attention to the amount of employee turnover in your time at Dealer Tire. And everything you've already read about the lack of career growth is absolutely true... It is non existent. Whatever role you go in there with odds are it will be the same one you leave the company with. If you have any kind of ambition and goals in life just remember to use the company the same way they use you. Get as much training, experience, and develop your skills as best you can because you will be able to use them somewhere else for a company that actually appreciates and compensates their employees.

Advice to Management

This advice is directed to Scott and Dean Mueller - You need to start fixing the problem from the TOP DOWN not from the bottom up... (Although I guess I can't blame you if you continue to make money hand over fist every year...) You will continue to see poor results on staff scans with your current Partner group, VP's and Directors that are in place. I truly don't think you are driven by greed and the almighty dollar however if you don't do this than I am clearly wrong. I know that when you started out you both had a great idea for how you wanted your company to be, unfortunately over the years it has warped into a life draining force that drives people to misery and hating coming into work everyday.

False job description, unacceptable work environment

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Software company culture - very casual. Hours are flexible and the work is extremely easy. You're not going to get much help from management, but they aren't going to stand in your way, either. The pay, for what I do, anyway, is amazing.

Cons

My main complaint is that the job position they posted does not at all match the actual job. I'm doing intern-level work for senior-level pay and there isn't enough work to fill 40 hours in a week. I chose Dealer over two other offers, but I'm not doing the job that I accepted. If at any time during the interview process, I had caught wind of what they were doing, I would have walked out. Beyond that, I've seen little to no professional etiquette - strangers have moved my workstation several times, stolen my LAN cable, etc. In IT, at least, there is a lot of general "visiting" by coworkers and the stories told are extremely loud, mostly inappropriate and riddled with foul language. It feels like an old boy's club.

Advice to Management

Walk around and observe what's going on once in awhile. There is a lot of complacency and a lot of good ideas are going to waste, because status quo is good enough.

Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk

I worked at Dealer Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good training. good support personnel

Cons

Absolutely NO career path or growth opportunities. Limited females in leadership roles. less than 5% of ALL managers are women.

Advice to Management

Practice what your preach.

11. Inside Account Manager

Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Twinsburg, OH
    Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Twinsburg, OH

I worked at Dealer Tire (Less than a year)

Pros

Family run and growing company with great core values

Cons

I do not have any cons to report

RSS Feed </> Embed