DealerFire

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014
3.6

Eric Hoopman

DealerFire has opened my eyes as to what it's like in the real world

Current Employee - Team Member in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Team Member in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at DealerFire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have learned a lot in my two years here. Its not always about the agenda that I have or the agenda that my department has. The leadership team here has taught me how it's about everyone. How when you have a company that is synchronized that reflects to your clients and that is what its all about. I have worked in similar environments and its always about managers shouting and yelling. They tell us that our department is the most important and that we should do everything our way. But, after reading and speaking with some mentors of mine, i now know that that couldn't be further from the truth. I was so blindsided. I want to thank the dealerfire leadership team and the 5 execs up there for doing things the right way and promoting company unity across all departments.

Cons

I really wish the company had direct deposit. Sometimes i think i can get sidetracked with too many activities in my queue. I think an ongoing training series or outside training would be great. sales team blasts music every time they get a deal. maybe all departments should have occasional call outs.

I would like to know more about our competitors.

Company is on top of tech game in Wisconsin, not done going up!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at DealerFire full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. No micromanagement. Performance based incentives. Fun retreats. Desire to involve employees with brand.

Cons

Staff has outgrown allotted parking spaces. No direct deposit. Some departments have more fun than others

Company on the rise, though some internal communication is not what it should be.

I have been working at DealerFire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed working environment, laid back atmosphere, numerous company sponsored outings, not overly micromanaged, and a chance to learn for those interested in the internet career path.

Cons

Oftentimes it seems like communication between management and subordinates, and between departments, hampers the overall success of the company. Many individuals seem to be promoted based upon personal relationships instead of aptitude and acumen. Pay is not on par with similar positions elsewhere.

A well oiled machine DF is decidedly not, but with consistent and timely effort so that everyone knows their role and is not timid about voicing their concerns , things could take a turn for the better quite rapidly. There is much to learn here, but keeping things so departmentalized does little to give overall synergy, and instead makes the outfit seem more like a gang of mercenaries. People want to expand their skill sets at any job, and there is little opportunity to do that.

Good For Entry Level

I have been working at DealerFire (more than an year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere, casual dress code, planned activities outside of the office

Cons

Below average salary, few opportunities for advancement, less than average benefits, lack of communication between upper management and staff, false information given to employes, no follow through on promises or incentives

Managment needs to listen to their employees, provide true and accurate information, too many relatives hired or employees promoted based on relationships not experience or knowledge.

Strong Products-Other Areas Need Polishing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at DealerFire full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back work environment, casual dress attire, weekly meetings, good PTO benefits, modern office feel, fun extracurricular events/games

Cons

Many false promises, below-average salary, strange reward logic, bad motivating tactics, no overtime available, offsite programmers, often times gap in communication, out of date software

DealerFire needs to change their motivating tactics drastically. Employees would respond better to fair wages versus scare tactics. A lot of motivating incentives are offered to employees but are rarely carried out as stated. Hierarchy exists with upper management and family members employed by DealerFire.

Company On the Rise

Current Employee - Shmeative Shmeam in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Shmeative Shmeam in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at DealerFire

Pros

• Casual and comfortable working environment.
    • Company is growing quickly
    • Room for promotions, expanded roles
    • You work closely with everyone in the company from owner on down, get to know each other well
    • Company is pretty loyal to employees
    • Good group of people to work with
    • Good collection of talent to learn from
    • Constant challenges to keep you on your toes
    • Fair wages and benefits for the market/area

Cons

• Deadlines can be difficult at times
    • Have to change gears often as the project schedules can be switch at any moment
    • Clients aren't as cooperative as they should be
    • Its a challenge, but that might be good.
    • Young company moving in the right direction but still has some things to learn.

I think everything is moving in the right direction and the company has made huge strides in the last couple years. Management is more than competent and good communication throughout. Seems most people are growing into their roles and and good mix of experience to young talent. It can be a challenge dealing with clients that run the gamut from obsessively nitpicking to completely disinterested in their projects. And it can be difficult to juggle projects that can change so quickly.

No reward for hard work

I have been working at DealerFire

Pros

- Fun and relaxed environment
    - A good entry level company into the Internet Career Path
    - Ability to grow in career path
    - Successful in its field
    - Vacation is earned per pay period not just at the end of your employment year
    - Massive company growth in the past year
    - Company sponsored employee outings

Cons

- Wage is not competitive compared to other companies in the same area
    - Often asked to work weekend shifts without any kind compensation
    - Hard work and being early with deadlines in completing projects does not result in any kind of reward
    - Poor office layout, they don't use the office space wisely and often force people to move desks to areas with much less space
    - 401K plan is a joke, you earn less interest percentages than any other company out there
    - Required to use vacation time for sick time
    - Senior Management often has unrealistic goals based on the product the sell
    - Careless spending on office trinkets that could be put to better use

DealerFire is a fun place to work at, but when it comes down to working your butt off for a minimal wage compared to other companies in the area, DealerFire falls short. The benefits package you offer qualifies you to say you offer benefits, but when you do get the benefits they are not that elaborate for example the 401K plan. The return on percentage is like 1-2% over a year. I have seen it as high as 15% in six months on other 401K plans. Requiring an employee to use their vacation time when they call in sick often leaves the employee, depending on their health, at the end of the year to not be able to take a vacation.

My suggestion to senior management is to be more competitive with wages in the surrounding area, go back to the drawing board with your benefits package, and utilize your office space more effectively then just transplanting people in to random spots. At this point, cubicles are not a bad idea. Also offer an incentive towards employees that have to work on a weekend. The weekend shift is voluntary, but everyone is required to sign up for at least two shifts how is that voluntary? And lastly, set realistic goals based on the technology and the employees that you have.

Doing the work of 4, for little pay

I worked at DealerFire

Pros

Casual environment
    You'll learn a lot in a short amount of time
    Loads of responsibility, as long as management trusts you.

Cons

Poor communication.
    Management has an unrealistic view of daily project/workload capabilities of employees.
    Instead of following project planning best practices, they chase the newest bright shiny objects/trends.
    Non-existent pricing structure.
    Non-existent employee policies and procedures.
    High employee turnover.
    Promise things to customers and don't follow through.
    Does not have the proper infrastructure in place to sustain a profitable agency.

Realize the areas that you are lacking. Trust your professional employees to do professional work, and follow their advice in areas you know nothing about.
    Pay a proper wage to those who have the experience and have earned it.
    Look into leadership development courses for owner/top management/directors.
    Invest in an educated and seasoned Sales manager who can guide & act as a leader to the salesforce.

Really good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tashkent (Uzbekistan)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tashkent (Uzbekistan)

I worked at DealerFire full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Experienced developers
    - Awesome environment
    - Good people

Cons

- internet was lagging but its okay now

DealerFire Photos