DealerRater

www.dealerrater.com

DealerRater Reviews in Waltham, MA

Gary Tucker

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Come work for DealerRater if you want no work life balance!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros – Free on-site gym membership, catered lunches on Monday & benefits from day one.

Cons

Come work for DealerRater! We are hiring anything with a pulse and telemarketing experience for our Sales team. We don’t mind if you don’t have automotive industry experience, or related online advertising/digital marketing experience, we will train you!

Although our training is mundane and outdated, and performed by a manager who has never sold the product, we will train you to sell our online reputation product.

For our Client Services and Customer Service teams, if you brown nose certain managers and go out for weekly drinks, you will surely receive a promotion within months of being hired!

We are inconsistent in our policies and pricing, and if you make 40+ calls per day you will be a super star regardless if you hit quota! Forget about prospecting your territory before calling into clients, its more important to make large quantities of calls versus quality calls according to our metrics plan.

We've designed our compensation plan to include an unrealistic quota, below industry average base salary plus monthly commissions.

This is not your everyday sales job; you will be expected to work more than 50 hours per week, put in the time on nights and weekends, even holidays. If you enjoy being micromanaged extensively, this is the place for you!

Pay attention when employee's both tenured and new provide insight into the actions of certain upper level managers. From an employee perspective, it seems you are turning a blind eye and don't value your employees opinions when they bring up their concerns.

Poor Management of Sales People & Territory's Assigned

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at DealerRater full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product helps client. Good people work here. Catered lunch on Mondays. Great benefits.
    Office is very retro. Co workers are friendly, always willing to help out.

Cons

Low base along with mismanaged territory assignment sets you up to fail. When a person leaves the company, rather than reassign the territory, it is left orphaned.
    Micro-management for number of calls vs. quality. Constant lowering price on product devalues the offering. There is no work / Life balance here. You will be asked to work Saturdays.

Chip - Look into the sales department and how the territory's has been assigned and distributed. There are many Orphaned states no one can actively work. Most importantly raise the base before more people leave the company.

Bad, Unprofessional Management, Favoritism, & Poor Pay

Former Employee - Customer Support  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Waltham, MA

I worked at DealerRater full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun color scheme of walls in the office, friendly co-workers who are knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

Poor Management who creates a hostile work environment with favoritism and poor management skills. Overworked and underpaid, and do not promote from within. Only those who brown nose are considered for promotions and are rewarded with weekly drinking binges with senior level management.

Take a few courses on management, specifically how- to manage a department, and how to maintain a healthy work environment. Learn how to be professional, and base rewards and promotions on work and not how often an employee gets drunk with senior level management. While favoritism is expected in most work environments the extent it is here is completely unprofessional and borderline inappropriate. This is extremely uncomfortable to work with and is unfair to other hard working employees who get completely overlooked for opportunities for growth. The higher level management (CEO, VP, etc) need to become more involved with the management structure of the company, and would strongly recommend replacing some management at this time.

Worked for DealerRater? Contribute to the Community!