DealerSocket

Jonathan Ord

Great place to work

Current Employee - Executive Sales Manager  in  San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Manager in San Clemente, CA

Pros

DealerSocket is a great company to work for. Management really cares for its employees. Fun work environment. Easy to stand behind a product that makes a difference for dealers.

Cons

In 3 buildings but moving into a large new building in October 2012

Tuition Reimbursement, Management Path Programs

Best Job I Ever Had!!!

Current Employee - Engineer  in  San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Collaborative Environment! Promote from Within! Great Training!

Cross-functional moves are very possible here...for example, moving from Inside Customer Telephone Support or Technical role to Engineering Quality Assurance, Field Installation, Sales, Product Management, etc.

And Great company functions!!!

Cons

No super fancy offices or abundant parking.

Keep up the Fantastic work guys!

Awesome Place to Work!! Great People! Great Opportunities for Advancement!!

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Great, Friendly, People! Lots of opportunity for career advancement or movement within the company. I love the casual work environment and easy commute for me down the 5 freeway; I live 20 miles north and I can get to work in less than 30 minutes! Management listens to new ideas and they really care about their employees and their customers. Compared to larger corporations, where you get lost in the shuffle or go unnoticed for a job well done, DealerSocket recognizes great work.

Cons

We're in three buildings which can sometimes be inconvenient. We'll be moving to a single building soon! Yay!

Keep up the Great work!!! You guys Rock!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greatest company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Pros

DealerSocket has great leaders that actively engaged in the day-to-day, really care about their employees, ethical, open door policy and fun. DealerSocket is know for its Culture which has been formed by the leaders and continued by the people we have added. Almost 80% of employees come from referrals. Half of the current employees have been with company over 2 years and 25% have been with company over 4 years which should tell you people like to work here. DealerSocket is also know for its Superior Product in the industry.

Cons

As with any startup there are growth issues, not a clear define advancement ladder but advance comes to people who are successful and hard working. Majority of promotions come from within as needs arise. As the company grows space has also been an issue but has improved now they have 2 buildings and in future are moving into a larger building.

Continue to keep us informed of company's results, current plan, and future goals. Have another all employee gathering.

Great Company, Great People, Great Product

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Pros

The people and the culture

Cons

Smaller company compared to others.

A great Place to work, great people to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

They are awesome people to work with a challenging and exciting work environment, huge learning and professional growth opportunities and good pay.

Cons

There are very few things I would say that I don't like about dealer socket, they are fair to their employees. There is a lot of travel and they expect you to really work so if you don't want a real job then work at some paper pushing corporate mess.

I LOVE MY JOB!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Pros

DealerSocket is the most friendly and ethical company I have ever worked for! From the top management through every position... it is just fun and challenging! If you like to learn and be treated fairly -- this is the place!

Cons

Growth pains... which are also opportunities. We are growing fast and it creates a ton of opportunities as well as some challenges that are hard to figure out (which actually makes it fun for me)

Keep doing what you are doing!

Lots of travel, be prepared to share a hotel room with grown men.

Former Employee - Strategic Services Consultant  in  San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Strategic Services Consultant in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Benefits include reward points for airlines, hotels and car rental companies.

Cons

There is not a lot of room for growth in the company. This is kind of a dead end job unless you are a favorite of upper management.

Company that has great opportunities

Pros

-There have been a lot of opportunities to grow with this company. As it has gotten larger.
    -The new building is very nice.
    -Bagel Fridays
    -Allowed to wear shorts.
    -CEO is a great guy who anyone would be happy to work for.

Cons

-Being a very quickly growing company there are a lot of people in management/ executive positions who do not have the skill sets required for those positions. Which has lead to quite a few bad processes and micro managing.
    -HR is unapproachable.

-Try to bring benefits up to par with other similar companies in the area. You always tell us how you want to be the #1 desired place to work in Orange county but your benefits and insurance plans are lacking.
    -There are several "favorites" in the company that get special treatment which is very visible to everyone else in the company and it leads to low morale.

Successful company to work for that cares about their people.

Current Employee - Strategic Services Consultant  in  San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Services Consultant in San Clemente, CA

Pros

Opportunities to advance, you manage your own time and schedule once in a territory, good pay when you take into account the quarterly bonus structure which can be up to 10% of your base salary paid out every quarter, great company culture, paid relocation, generous annual raise as long as you are performing, family oriented company.

Cons

Mid-size company that is struggling to overcome their "start up" way of doing things. Experiencing tremendous growth which they are struggling to keep up with as a result everyone is stretched pretty thin. With the increased growth they are more desperate for bodies, as a result they seem to have lowered their hiring standards.

Keep doing what you are doing so far it is working. Also, be a little bit more picky about who you hire. There are a ton of new hires that haven't panned out, or they are still with us but performing poorly, and it's affecting our business.

Worked for DealerSocket? Contribute to the Community!