DealerSocket Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Jonathan Ord

Pros
  • Work life balance is preached and it's your fault if you're not managing that well (in 3 reviews)

• Fun industry, 24 Hour next door and a ping pong table (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not believe the "work/life balance" speech (in 3 reviews)

• The co-founders are good people though (in 4 reviews)

1. Good company, bad management

Former Employee - Strategic Services Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Strategic Services Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Good Pay with undefined bonus structure, ability to collect points on credit card, travel and see all over north america, meet different people from different regions that are part of the company

Cons

Bad management, forces you to relocate or be fired, allocation of consultants in different regions have to improve and the scheduling of consultants to projects and allocating them efficiently

Advice to Management

Define the bonus structure, give benefits to the Canadian employees and make them actually feel part of the company instead of having the feeling of being out alone. Increase the pay of the consultants you are forcing to move instead of just firing them.

2. Lack of Good Management and Processes

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed environment - Good area

Cons

The communication and processes are non-existent. IT Managers, Technicians, and Analysts seemed to get bullied out of their jobs frequently (this happened to different people every couple of months, not a good IT job) Don't join their IT team.

3. Customer Support

Former Employee - TSR/Customer Service Representative ­ Forms Support/Manager - QuickBooks Resource Person/Trainer in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at DealerSocket (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a job that I wish I could have grown a respect for. The software is strong.

Cons

Managers are not familiar with the work they're underlings are responsible for. Poor HR representation. They themselves are not familiar with their policies. Management alongside HR were just making things up as they went and when exposed their errors, they still doggishly acted like they were so superior and then gave out ultimatums. Good software with lazy sometimes idiotic leadership.

Advice to Management

Don't hold on ineffective managers just because they are long-time friends

Run of the Mill

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pleasant Grove, UT

I worked at DealerSocket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dev retreat and relaxed work environment.

Cons

I worked there a year ago. Suffered from lack of good processes, competent managers and people with vision. Communication channels were all but closed not because people didn't want to communicate, but because again, no process or established channels. I was in Utah remote office and it was small; California office almost never spoke to us; yet we received our work from them.

6. Nice people but need to value employees more

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Good base salary with potential bonus NIce people work there Nice office building

Cons

NO Sick days Bad HR department No raises after 2 years of employment

Advice to Management

Improve HR processes, give sick days and always give small pay increases to your loyal employees so they feel respected and valued.

The Good, the bad, and the ugly...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company strives for a great culture and, in a lot of ways, they are successful. The yearly sales meetings bring everyone together and there are several team building activities built in to the agenda. Bagel Friday and multiple lunches throughout the year are also an added benefit. Jonathan Ord seems to be a great guy. When you listen to him speak, you get a sense that he truly cares about the organization and the people who work in it.

Cons

There is no consistency in the promotion process. Some people are promoted to director positions that were never opened for internal candidates to apply. They just magically appeared and filled. Everyday there is a new director and so much overlap. Other positions are made available to internal candidates, while some just get listed on the company website. As other reviewers mentioned, it seems promotional opportunities are made available based on how popular you are. A lot of managers have little management or automotive experience. Customer support has serious issues. We are growing at a rapid pace and our support team cannot keep up. This leads to a lot of angry customers. Also, it seems like some coworkers are superficially helpful. They don't really want to help, but they feel an obligation, so they do just enough to say they helped.The benefits are atrocious and the compensation package is significantly below industry standard. I was excited that we finally received three days of sick leave and then I found out that it's a new law mandating employers provide it.

Advice to Management

Focus on infrastructure before continuing to expand the sales team. Make sure we can take care of the customers we have, at a level we can be proud of, before we start adding more. Acquisitions are great, but we need to plan integration better. Mainly combining teams across all of the companies in a way that works. Promote on the basis of performance and passion for the industry and company, not just because someone is your best friend. Remember what makes DealerSocket great, and do not lose site of that!

8. Lead Engine Sales Specialist

Current Employee - Lead Engine Sales Specialist in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Lead Engine Sales Specialist in Draper, UT

Pros

Fun daily competition, great commissions. Frequent free lunches. Great PTO. Flexible empathetic management. Fun atmosphere! great coworkers. Tons of growth opportunity within the company.

Cons

Much of the work is cold calls. But that's just the nature of the job. no big deal!

9. Lead Engine Sales Specialist

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time

Pros

Fun culture, good pay and commission scale, good management structure. Quite a few fun weekly traditions. Fun team goals and new initiatives to stay motivated and the manager of our teams really wants to see us do well and make the best commission we can.

Cons

Interview process could be more professional, more PTO and benefits will draw better talent.

10. Lead generation

Current Employee - Lead Gen in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Lead Gen in Draper, UT

Pros

Great benefits, bagel Thursday, doughnut Friday, schedule flexibility, great commission, great product

Cons

too much smiling and laughing

Advice to Management

Keep listening to efficient employees coming up with efficient ways to improve the business

11. Love it so far

Current Employee - Account Manager in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Draper, UT

I have been working at DealerSocket full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and very fair salary. The company culture is great and the opportunity for advancement is definitely there.

Cons

The only con for me was the travel right at the beginning of employment, but for others that probably would have been a pro. The benefits are also expensive for a family.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can see is making the office more accessible to special needs and letting people work from home.

RSS Feed </> Embed