Dealertrack Technologies

Updated January 16, 2015
2.7

Dealertrack Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mark F. O'Neil
Mark F. O'Neil

Pros
  • management really seems to care about work life balance and attempts to listen to it's employees (in 7 reviews)

• Remote opportunities, growing company, good benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is micro managerial and often de motivational (in 7 reviews)

• Overall Benefits below average compared to other companies of similar size in the Greater New York Area (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Company continuing to grow

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Consistent growth
    Good work life balance
    Quality people
    Frequently asking for team member feedback
    Business is booming

Cons

Data is all over the place
    Internal processes can use improvement
    Need for automation in many areas
    Difficult to keep up with all of the acquisitions

Working at Dealertrack

Former Employee - Production Engineer in New Hyde Park, NY
    Former Employee - Production Engineer in New Hyde Park, NY

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

Great Place to work at
    No strict dress code
    Managers are easy going

Cons

To many programmers, not sure who is actually doing any work.
    Do not mess up their production line.

Please get rid of the Head count - There is plenty of people not doing any work on the payroll.

Dealertrack, great rising company with plenty of growth options.

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Heavy on the competitive acquisition side and with that come many changes. The company has evolved to the extent that it is a heavy player in the niche industry.

Cons

With acquisitions come changes, it can be a challenge to form teams to keep all of the talent in place. Overall, more pro's than cons.

Great Company with an Awesome Culture!

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

From the first day I started working in the office, the entire staff has been helpful, friendly and extremely welcoming. The atmosphere is very laid back, fun and collaborative. The 2 offices I have worked/trained at offer different perks such as yoga classes, chair massages, coffee/tea bars and organic kitchens. The training was very hands on and educational and there is plenty of opportunity for growth within the company!

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative.

Love it Here

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time

Pros

Really love working here. Love the flexibility my role offers. As well as the company being very understanding that we all need work/life balance. Great opportunity for growth here.

Cons

Some of the company needs a little bit more transparency with it's employees, however, I understand why they don't do that as much. Just a catch-22 with us here.

More transparency.

Great Company

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

This company is a great place to work for. They have a lot of growth opportunities.

Cons

I believe once the training process is better things will only get better.

Provide feedback, Coach and Develop. That should be something done across the board.

Shaky but stable?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

industry leading company. Opportunity for movement both laterally, and upwardly. competitive salary in relation to industry standards. solid atmosphere depending on department.

Cons

company absolutely doesn't seem to know where it wants to go. convoluted directives that has various parts of the organization working in silos. Product development is very rarely inclusive of those in which industry knowledge can be leveraged. Which ends up harming the final result of said product. Competitors are capitalizing on this and the gap is shortening...quickly.

Worst company to work for.

Current Employee - BDC Inside Sales in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - BDC Inside Sales in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The occasional lunch that is bought for the employees, some of their incentives are nice if you're able to reach their goal demands.

Cons

Management. HR has no control over any of the supervisors or managers. The managers are allowed to pick favorites and give those favorites the best leads and job positions/promotions while threatening termination of the "lesser" employees for lack of trying hard even though they are never given a chance due to the unfair biased workplace.

Listen to your employees. Stop picking favorites. Several times I have went to HR about managerial problems where I am being verbally assaulted in front of my coworkers using vulgar language and nothing about it was done other than me being placed on a performance improvement plan because I was "failing" as an employee. Pretty easy to do when you're told every day how horrible you are at your job.

Great if you are one of the favorites. Not great if you're a skilled professional.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Generally a good work environment with great co-workers. The company is growing quickly and is set to be one of the major players in the automotive retail industry. Opportunities are limitless if you are one of "management's" favorites. Regardless of your skill set, education, work experience, or any other seemingly relevant factor, you can be promoted to senior management positions. The best part is you don't even have to worry about doing a good job in your current position, just buddy up to the executives.

Cons

Don't expect a promotion through hard work, training, or success in your current job, those are irellevant in the promotion process. Some people have been with the company 10+ years and are passed over by people with no experience.

Keep a close eye on who gets promoted into senior managment.

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

They are making money. Mothership is moving, but prob they are the only ship in the sea.

Cons

Business growing too fast and technology teams struggle to transform and deliver.

Invest in quality people with right mindset and good delivery records.
    Get rid of under performers, money burners, cry babies and blamers.
    Keep delivery on track the #1 target.

Dealertrack Technologies Photos