Dealertrack Technologies

Dealertrack Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Dealertrack Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mark F. O'Neil

Mark F. O'Neil

Pros
  • Management is understanding of work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Remote opportunities, growing company, good benefits(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is micro managerial and often de motivational(in 5 reviews)

• Not sure upper management has really been in the rank and file(in 4 reviews)

Working at Dealertrack has been wonderful.

ProsI love this company and what it has to offer to it's employees. The people are all very friendly and there is a lot of opportunity for growth. They also do a lot of fun team building exercises as well!

ConsSAP system can be a bit of a pain with requesting time off and not much sunlight in the office, but that will all soon change with the new office that is being built :)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, I'm very happy with the way things are being ran in my department.

It was a great ride!

Product Manager (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

Pros-This company has a chance to rule the DMS world
    -Executives have ambitious vision and are aggressively pursuing it
    -Great products

Cons-Fast growth rate leads to some growing pains
    -Entrepreneurial spirit gets lost in corporate red tape
    -Acquisitive nature leads to some solutions that don't integrate well, causing some customer-facing employee angst

Advice to Senior ManagementStay closer to your top talent. It's not always the best strategy to bring people in from the outside and have your top brass with very little product knowledge.

One of the best companies to work for on Long Island

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY

ProsManagement is understanding of work/life balance.
    Benefits are better then most companies I have worked for.
    Management lets their staff get there work done with little opposition or micro-management.

ConsOffice Space needs to be revamped (2 years till new building)
    Some staff and management suffer from over analysis.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting & Progressive Technology Company Ready To Take On The World

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee)

ProsA fantastic, ever-changing work environment where the brain power of the people is recognized as our greatest asset. Expansion and growth presents nearly unlimited opportunities to those willing to work for it.

ConsA fantastic, ever-changing work environment which is not the place for anyone who does not embrace change while remaining cognizant of the challenges inherent in a fast moving technology company.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstantly seek improvement in yourselves and your ability to manage others through motivating and supporting your team. Some are better than others so keep the best and cull the rest.

Great company to work for.

Technology (Current Employee) Groton, CT

ProsActively seeks employee feedback and acts on suggestions. This is the only company I have worked for that not only commits the resources to poll the employees, but actually does act on suggestions. We have a unique "Jam" session yearly where we have three days to interactively propose topics and join others' discussions. Some recent policies aimed at employee satisfaction have come from these sessions.

ConsGoal setting process is too regimented. Would appreciate having my goals be less reflective on company success, but more tuned to my personal progress which will only help strengthen the organization as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer meetings that last over thirty minutes.

Company integrity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY

ProsCEO treats all team members with respect. Fast paced and high growth an ever changing dynamic company. Senior management does the right thing for team members even when terminations are in order. Compared to other I have worked, DealerTrack is the best!

ConsAggressive growth creates intense work schedule. More resources needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage the values and principles that have led to the tremendous success of the company to date. Keep up all the communication channels that senior leadership supports and continue to require this lsame depth of communication by leaders deeper in the structure.

Great Company

Data Ops (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsDealerTrack gives everyone a fair oppurtunity for growth. They offer great benefits. There is little macro-managing, as long as you come in and do your work you will be rewarded.

ConsSometimes difficult for people to get suggestions and advice to upper managment. Occasionally there is a downtime which can make the position a little boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to visit the different locations outside of NY. It's sometimes hard to get a feel for what exactly is going on in different aspects of the company.

DealerTrack is a Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Success, NY

ProsDT's people are by far the best reason to work for this company.

ConsThe industry is in a tough downturn and makes for a challenging work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep investing in your people and continue to push on cooperation between product teams.

DMS Installer

DMS Installer (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat company to work for but differences within the organization with installers and office personal.

ConsSee last remark no communication with employess

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up conversation with employes

Great company if you want a career in automotive software

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRapid growth good opportunity of advancement

ConsSame pro as rapid growth via acquisition.

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!