Dealertrack Technologies

Updated November 13, 2014
2.5

Dealertrack Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mark F. O'Neil
Mark F. O'Neil

Pros
  • management really seems to care about work life balance and attempts to listen to it's employees (in 7 reviews)

• Remote opportunities, growing company, good benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is micro managerial and often de motivational (in 7 reviews)

• Overall Benefits below average compared to other companies of similar size in the Greater New York Area (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Working at Dealertrack has been wonderful.

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love this company and what it has to offer to it's employees. The people are all very friendly and there is a lot of opportunity for growth. They also do a lot of fun team building exercises as well!

Cons

SAP system can be a bit of a pain with requesting time off and not much sunlight in the office, but that will all soon change with the new office that is being built :)

No advice, I'm very happy with the way things are being ran in my department.

It was a great ride!

Former Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-This company has a chance to rule the DMS world
    -Executives have ambitious vision and are aggressively pursuing it
    -Great products

Cons

-Fast growth rate leads to some growing pains
    -Entrepreneurial spirit gets lost in corporate red tape
    -Acquisitive nature leads to some solutions that don't integrate well, causing some customer-facing employee angst

Stay closer to your top talent. It's not always the best strategy to bring people in from the outside and have your top brass with very little product knowledge.

One of the best companies to work for on Long Island

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is understanding of work/life balance.
    Benefits are better then most companies I have worked for.
    Management lets their staff get there work done with little opposition or micro-management.

Cons

Office Space needs to be revamped (2 years till new building)
    Some staff and management suffer from over analysis.

Exciting & Progressive Technology Company Ready To Take On The World

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A fantastic, ever-changing work environment where the brain power of the people is recognized as our greatest asset. Expansion and growth presents nearly unlimited opportunities to those willing to work for it.

Cons

A fantastic, ever-changing work environment which is not the place for anyone who does not embrace change while remaining cognizant of the challenges inherent in a fast moving technology company.

Constantly seek improvement in yourselves and your ability to manage others through motivating and supporting your team. Some are better than others so keep the best and cull the rest.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Technology in Groton, CT
    Current Employee - Technology in Groton, CT

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Actively seeks employee feedback and acts on suggestions. This is the only company I have worked for that not only commits the resources to poll the employees, but actually does act on suggestions. We have a unique "Jam" session yearly where we have three days to interactively propose topics and join others' discussions. Some recent policies aimed at employee satisfaction have come from these sessions.

Cons

Goal setting process is too regimented. Would appreciate having my goals be less reflective on company success, but more tuned to my personal progress which will only help strengthen the organization as a whole.

Fewer meetings that last over thirty minutes.

Company integrity

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

CEO treats all team members with respect. Fast paced and high growth an ever changing dynamic company. Senior management does the right thing for team members even when terminations are in order. Compared to other I have worked, DealerTrack is the best!

Cons

Aggressive growth creates intense work schedule. More resources needed.

Continue to encourage the values and principles that have led to the tremendous success of the company to date. Keep up all the communication channels that senior leadership supports and continue to require this lsame depth of communication by leaders deeper in the structure.

Great Company

Current Employee - Data Ops in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Data Ops in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

DealerTrack gives everyone a fair oppurtunity for growth. They offer great benefits. There is little macro-managing, as long as you come in and do your work you will be rewarded.

Cons

Sometimes difficult for people to get suggestions and advice to upper managment. Occasionally there is a downtime which can make the position a little boring.

Try to visit the different locations outside of NY. It's sometimes hard to get a feel for what exactly is going on in different aspects of the company.

DealerTrack is a Great Company

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies

Pros

DT's people are by far the best reason to work for this company.

Cons

The industry is in a tough downturn and makes for a challenging work environment.

Keep investing in your people and continue to push on cooperation between product teams.

Not a bad place to work.

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Family work balance good.

Cons

Seem to be disorganized. There is a culture of class distinction.

Plan for the future. Let the managers deal with the daily fires.

If you want to learn and move up THIS IS THE PLACE!!!

Current Employee - Associate Windows Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Associate Windows Systems Administrator

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Personal Growth is a biggie. They are all about hiring from within when they can, and frankly that's how I got my position. Because of this you are afforded career growth you may not get anywhere else for the experience you have. This is major.
    Large amount of vacation time.

Cons

Heath insurance is less than stellar, I miss my PPO plan and now just stuck with an HSA, but it get's the job done I suppose it's not terrible.
    The pay could be better, especially when you look at salaries for your contemporary's in other companies. BUT this is outshined by the fact they are great for growing your carrier. Your almost better off working here for 5 years, moving up as quick as you can, getting all the knowledge and experience you can grab, then moving on for more lucrative opportunities.
    NO PTO ROLLOVER is a biggie.

Allow PTO rollover or payout, when strapped with a large amount of projects it can be hard to take time off, and you wind up loosing your vacation time.

Dealertrack Technologies Photos