Dealertrack Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.1
Dealertrack Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mark F. O'Neil
Mark F. O'Neil

Pros
  • Management is understanding of work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Remote opportunities, growing company, good benefits (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is micro managerial and often de motivational (in 7 reviews)

• Overall Benefits below average compared to other companies of similar size in the Greater New York Area (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Forward Thinking Company with a Great Culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dealertrack is a face-paced, growing technology company that is transforming automotive retail. From day one I have been surrounded by positive energy and work with extremely talented team members who share a wealth of knowledge! The benefits are great and the perks are amazing. If you enjoy working hard and appreciate change, there is a lot of career opportunities and upward movement!

Cons

One challenge has been getting to know and understand all the products Dealertrack has to offer.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the hard work, your energy is contagious!

2. DealerTrack is a Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Pros

DT's people are by far the best reason to work for this company.

Cons

The industry is in a tough downturn and makes for a challenging work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and continue to push on cooperation between product teams.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Data Ops in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Data Ops in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

DealerTrack gives everyone a fair oppurtunity for growth. They offer great benefits. There is little macro-managing, as long as you come in and do your work you will be rewarded.

Cons

Sometimes difficult for people to get suggestions and advice to upper managment. Occasionally there is a downtime which can make the position a little boring.

Advice to Management

Try to visit the different locations outside of NY. It's sometimes hard to get a feel for what exactly is going on in different aspects of the company.

Company integrity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Pros

CEO treats all team members with respect. Fast paced and high growth an ever changing dynamic company. Senior management does the right thing for team members even when terminations are in order. Compared to other I have worked, DealerTrack is the best!

Cons

Aggressive growth creates intense work schedule. More resources needed.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the values and principles that have led to the tremendous success of the company to date. Keep up all the communication channels that senior leadership supports and continue to require this lsame depth of communication by leaders deeper in the structure.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Technology in Groton, CT
    Current Employee - Technology in Groton, CT

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actively seeks employee feedback and acts on suggestions. This is the only company I have worked for that not only commits the resources to poll the employees, but actually does act on suggestions. We have a unique "Jam" session yearly where we have three days to interactively propose topics and join others' discussions. Some recent policies aimed at employee satisfaction have come from these sessions.

Cons

Goal setting process is too regimented. Would appreciate having my goals be less reflective on company success, but more tuned to my personal progress which will only help strengthen the organization as a whole.

Advice to Management

Fewer meetings that last over thirty minutes.

Exciting & Progressive Technology Company Ready To Take On The World

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fantastic, ever-changing work environment where the brain power of the people is recognized as our greatest asset. Expansion and growth presents nearly unlimited opportunities to those willing to work for it.

Cons

A fantastic, ever-changing work environment which is not the place for anyone who does not embrace change while remaining cognizant of the challenges inherent in a fast moving technology company.

Advice to Management

Constantly seek improvement in yourselves and your ability to manage others through motivating and supporting your team. Some are better than others so keep the best and cull the rest.

8. One of the best companies to work for on Long Island

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is understanding of work/life balance. Benefits are better then most companies I have worked for. Management lets their staff get there work done with little opposition or micro-management.

Cons

Office Space needs to be revamped (2 years till new building) Some staff and management suffer from over analysis.

It was a great ride!

Former Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-This company has a chance to rule the DMS world -Executives have ambitious vision and are aggressively pursuing it -Great products

Cons

-Fast growth rate leads to some growing pains -Entrepreneurial spirit gets lost in corporate red tape -Acquisitive nature leads to some solutions that don't integrate well, causing some customer-facing employee angst

Advice to Management

Stay closer to your top talent. It's not always the best strategy to bring people in from the outside and have your top brass with very little product knowledge.

Working at Dealertrack has been wonderful.

I have been working at Dealertrack Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this company and what it has to offer to it's employees. The people are all very friendly and there is a lot of opportunity for growth. They also do a lot of fun team building exercises as well!

Cons

SAP system can be a bit of a pain with requesting time off and not much sunlight in the office, but that will all soon change with the new office that is being built :)

Advice to Management

No advice, I'm very happy with the way things are being ran in my department.

Great Company with an Awesome Culture!

Pros

From the first day I started working in the office, the entire staff has been helpful, friendly and extremely welcoming. The atmosphere is very laid back, fun and collaborative. The 2 offices I have worked/trained at offer different perks such as yoga classes, chair massages, coffee/tea bars and organic kitchens. The training was very hands on and educational and there is plenty of opportunity for growth within the company!

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative.

RSS Feed </> Embed