Dealertrack Technologies

Dealertrack Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Dealertrack Technologies Chairman, President, and CEO Mark F. O'Neil

Mark F. O'Neil

Pros
  • Management is understanding of work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Remote opportunities, growing company, good benefits(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is micro managerial and often de motivational(in 5 reviews)

• Not sure upper management has really been in the rank and file(in 4 reviews)

Many Acquisitions with bad onboarding procedures

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe co workers are great.

ConsToo much management with too little technical knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people.

Disorganize structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Success, NY

Pros- Work-life balance better than other places
     - The company tries to listen to their employees
     - Benefits are average compared to other companies in the NYC Metro area

Cons- Beware that they are masked as a technology company but their culture is more like a big bureaucratic financial company (they started as a spin-off of Chase in that regards..). A ping-pong table and a change in name is not enough for a change in culture.
     - Projects take forever to complete and you get lot of projects to work with. Management at every level seems clueless about what to give priority to. In general poor management.
     - The departmental structure with the IT departments is counter productive.

Working at Dealertrack has been wonderful.

ProsI love this company and what it has to offer to it's employees. The people are all very friendly and there is a lot of opportunity for growth. They also do a lot of fun team building exercises as well!

ConsSAP system can be a bit of a pain with requesting time off and not much sunlight in the office, but that will all soon change with the new office that is being built :)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, I'm very happy with the way things are being ran in my department.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a great ride!

Product Manager (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

Pros-This company has a chance to rule the DMS world
    -Executives have ambitious vision and are aggressively pursuing it
    -Great products

Cons-Fast growth rate leads to some growing pains
    -Entrepreneurial spirit gets lost in corporate red tape
    -Acquisitive nature leads to some solutions that don't integrate well, causing some customer-facing employee angst

Advice to Senior ManagementStay closer to your top talent. It's not always the best strategy to bring people in from the outside and have your top brass with very little product knowledge.

One big mess

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is relatively good. Some good products.

ConsTheir focus is on acquiring companies that provide solutions to better the dealer body. Though this is a great vision. It is poorly executed and poorly managed. Once the company is acquired the integration of the company within DT is not done properly. There is tons of miscommunication, redundancy of work, and no one really knows what others are doing. Especially if you are a field employee.

Training is non-existent and management is really out for themselves. Its a shame. I did not feel "at home" here and am glad to have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on creating a good culture and perhaps turn-over rate won't be as high.

Too much micro management, no room to show your talents

ProsTelecommute, no room for advancement if you are not in IT

ConsLow pay, micro managers, difficult managers, they don't value their employees

DMS Installer

DMS Installer (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat company to work for but differences within the organization with installers and office personal.

ConsSee last remark no communication with employess

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up conversation with employes

They work their employees to the bone, then dispose of them when done!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best part of DealerTrack is the employees / team members - There is a "core" team of employees that are dedicated, driven and loyal however, DealerTrack senior leadership is so involved in the corrosive behavior of MICRO Management employee don't have the opportunity to "make a difference". It's THEIR way or the highway.

ConsThe senior leadership has been in place since DealerTrack was conceived and they're only comfortable with their HANDS IN THE COOKIE JAR... They hire extremely talented people through false promises which, is in itself a receipt for disaster. Couple that with the extreme MICRO MANAGEMENT and MANAGEMENT BY FEAR - and you have an extremely cancerous environment. My advice (as a former employee) - STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE.... By the way, I'm not disgruntled, I'm sharing the horror I lived while at DealerTrack

Advice to Senior ManagementMAKE CHANGES AND DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK - WALK THE WALK!

I used to love being here.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIt is possible to get back on track in this company but leadership change is required.

ConsWe used to be a product focused, dealer oriented company and in a year we have become a sloppy, unresponsive and unmotivated software team. Product and development used to be partners. We used to develop features that made sense to the inventory market. We were innovative and passionate. Now it's just a job. There is no leadership that understands our customer and understands what our dealers need to succeed. Now our competitors benefit from listening to and learning from those that used to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get back to who we were. Let's get back to being focused on what our customers want and need to run their businesses. Let's quit chasing the quick win and focus on being the best in the spaces we are in.

Great company if you want a career in automotive software

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRapid growth good opportunity of advancement

ConsSame pro as rapid growth via acquisition.

Worked for Dealertrack Technologies? Contribute to the Community!