Dealogic

www.dealogic.com

Dealogic Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
Dealogic – Budapest – “Dealogic office”

Thomas A. Fleming

Pros
  • We do overtime really rarely, so do work-life balance is good in this office(in 11 reviews)

• You gain an understanding of investment banking very quickly here(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • What happens when you have high turnover of lower roles(in 9 reviews)

• Low salaries, the company can hire regular developers but they can't hire real senior developers(in 8 reviews)

Researcher

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThings Free Fruit Mondays AND Wednesdays (during summer)

ConsCompany structure could be better

You can do better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOK work/life balance.

I don't consider free fruit a pro.

You will learn the basics about finance. You will also learn how horrible a company can be; it will make you appreciate your future positions/companies much more.

ConsIn general, employees are not happy. This stems from a lack of incentive structure and positive reinforcement. These are basic economic and psychological principles of which any solid management team should make use. If you treat your employees well, commend and reward a job well done, and incentivize desired behavior, you will have happier and more productive employees. In turn, this will increase employee satisfaction and decrease turnover.

Senior Management creates a stuffy atmosphere. Fear and paranoia are rampant. Employees are afraid to speak up and voice opinions - and rightfully so.

I'm not assuming that this happens frequently, but my personal experience was this: after reporting an instance of sexual harassment, I found myself in a very bad place. Rather than reporting the incident to Human Resources, over the coming months my manager did everything in his power to push me out or drive me to resign. I suppose the reasoning was not to solve the problem, but to eliminate the cause.This was a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Leaving was the best decision I ever made - I'm now happily working for a fantastic (competitor) company. If you're a current employee, learn your lesson and get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Do List:

*Establish a Management Training Program
    *Build an incentive structure
    *Reinforce desired behavior

Better Competitor Firms Out There

Senior Relationship Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBig kitchen, free fruit in office once a week, holiday pay, financial district location

ConsWork life balance is terrible if you work in the ICM, institutional client management group. Managers don't help much in this regard. They're looking to use you for their performance bonus as a senior relationship associate. Managers themselves aren't knowledgeable about the basics of the group's products after being at the company for nearly 2 years! But expect you to be experts in 3 weeks literally! Many managers here spend most of their work hours browsing the net and making personal calls, taking 1.5 to 2 hour lunches with friends. Stay away from this group.

Products are faulty and not something to be proud of. Pay is low around $40k only. It's low compared to what you can get at competitors like IPREO, Standard and Poors, Factset, BD vision, Bloomberg and Reuters. The amount of demands management puts on you isn't fairly compensated in the salaries and there are NO bonuses here, compared to other firms that offer quarterly bonuses.

No one moves from their desks until 6pm, AND if you're lucky you'll get out by then. If you leave before 6pm, you're looked down on. The products have MANY glitches and errors every single week, and clients are NOT at all happy clients to work with therefore. You'll spend most hours hearing clients being rude to you on the phone or email. Some colleagues here are nice and decent people, but others are very unprofessional and DRAMATIC unnecessarily.

All in all, best to look elsewhere as many better opportunities are lie elsewhere. I moved on after several months of horrible work life balance here and unfair and aggressively opportunistic but lazy managers in the ICM group.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be lazy. spend your work time working and not using people on your team to prop up your own salaries. LEARN THE PRODUCTS.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just a Stepping Stone

Research Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood work/life balance, non stressful work environment.

ConsNo room for growth. Repetitive, tedious work.

Easy Going and decent salary

Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEasy tasks.
    Laid back environment.
    Decent pay.
    Good paid leave time.
    Annual bonuses

ConsCan get boring at times due to it being a large company with plenty of employees to fulfill the work.
    This means small and medial tasks.

Good employees leave, or are looking forward to

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood place to get work experience. Some nice people to work with.

ConsHigh turnover. The employees working 10+ years were transferred and are stuck in a visa.
    Nano-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementA rotten apple spoils the barrel; give a closer look at the teams.

All the cons of big organization plus none of the pros

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, good benefits. Good for networking and learning about banking and financial institutions. Potential for movement overseas

ConsLimited opportunity to advance within organization. Low pay, everyone except upper management is treated and compensated like lower-level employees. Vision is stale. Stuffy investment banking culture at what is supposed to be a tech company looking to innovate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, make them happy with perks (more than occasional free fruit), pay people decent salaries (other than yourselves) when they perform, and everyone will be less disgruntled about putting in the long and thankless hours that you sometimes require. Think outside the box, and maybe you will break free from the sideways trajectory that has been taking place for the last 6 years.

Minimal growth and high turnover.

Research (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHours are reasonable for the most part
    Good colleagues

Cons-low salary, bonus and raises. no incentive to work hard/longer hours thus people leave at 6pm on the dot
    -Few career opportunities
    -When its busy, you are expected to work more, but if it isn't busy, you are still expected to stay until 6. there should be some flexibility

the next problem: turnover

Team dynamic varies from team to team. some managers are more relaxed than others so its luck of the draw

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to get people to stay longer because the turnover is ridiculous and creates so much work for the team

Seems like tons of people go to other offices for "work" and most of the time it probably isn't needed - instead use that money for more free food or bonus pool

Functional Architect

ProsGood learning opportunity and decent work environment

ConsLimited career progression path, inflexible timing

Leavers every week

Relationship Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosoffice location
    allowed to leave on time
    the interior of the office

ConsHaving the experience here will tragically doom your career path. Dealogic prides itself on being a financial company but behind its mask its really considered a software house. So for those whose seeking another job in the financials I wish you good luck or do not start your career here. It took me nearly 5 years to be accepted into a financial entity, my previous so called financial experiences from Dealogic or Dielogic were never recognized.

Worst pay considering it's a financial institution bonuses are a thing of the past. No reason to argue why there are more leavers than starters.

Clients are complaining about the products because there are flaws in the system which is correct. The systems are poorly run and data are inaccurate shown by the disaster from the GM deal. This is supposed to be a Software company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problem is the management

Worked for Dealogic? Contribute to the Community!