Dean Health Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig Samitt

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A place of growth and learning

Clinic Manager (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsUltimate goal of being patient centered makes me proud of the work that is done.
    Very much a team approach to the work done.
    The voice of all employees at all levels is heard when looking at improving processes

ConsOur patient population is heavy MA and Medicare which reimburses us very little for services. This forces the organization to be very focused on cost and constantly balancing expenditures. Not necessarily something that is in Deans control, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to spend more on things such as employee events, furniture, staffing.

Unit Clerk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe few coworkers who took pride in their work and helping patients. Insurance kicks in on day one of employment.

ConsTwo faced power hungry management, lack of care about department. It felt a lot like high school, and a lot of drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, and don't treat them as if they are expendable. Most employees want to be there if you make an effort to hear their concerns, otherwise they will find something better. Act like professionals.

awful

IT Contractor (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsNone I can think of.

ConsBig time management problems here. Very high turnover and very cruel management

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're not listening and won't listen. If you want to play devil's advocate then fine. My advice is change your ways soon or one day you won't have staff at all.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked, under appreciated

Mid Level Provider (Former Employee) Madison, WI

Prosgood benefits, potential for some schedule flexibility depending on position

Conschronically understaffed, focus more on cost savings than patient care, generous earned time BUT inadequate coverage to utilize; conflict off interest when health insurance and medical center linked to physician's pockets

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees, healthcare is not black and white- lots of gray

Dean Health Plan - Absent Leadership

Finance (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsLow pressure. Often non-confrontational. Dominant within market.

ConsMany employees continue in their tasks putting in 1-2 hours of real work per day. Huge issues with management being unaware/unaccepting of the reality of low employee productivity. Conflicts of interest tolerated within reporting relationships. Many spend time gossipping, on the phone, shopping, visiting, or away from the job. Accountability is not there - for those workers or for the leaders who tolerate it. Workloads are poorly distributed, with those who are favored having far less. Some employees apparently set their own hours daily, wear what they please, and spend most of their days talking. Somehow the work gets done but not due to the interest or participation of leadership. Many employees could be let go today with tremendous savings to the plan - and productivity would actually increase because they wouldn't be there dragging down the real workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage. Spend some time and do an analysis of staffing and who does what, who is cooperative and positive, and who is poisonous. Weed out those who are bad rather than ignoring or promoting. Don't be so disengaged and unaware of this; instead, cull the workforce and promote performers.

The culture is changing with negative impact

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe people are great.
    The challenges are real and direct impact is recognized
    The benefits are good even though they have changed recently.

ConsLack of leadership and "after the fact" communication
    Lack of training and motivation to ensure training is provided
    Overloading projects on to too few resources

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management might want to start questioning why they are always hearing "yes" when statistically that should not be possible.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe people are great.
    Great benefits.
    Nice corporate culture.

ConsPenny wise and pound foolish.
    Newer additions to IT management lack any ability to lead.
    Too much of a Good Old Boys network seems to be forming (which directly relates to item 2).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get some honest feedback from those in IT about the state of things there. It will likely need to be anonymous as there is fear of retribution if a honest opinion is shared.

Lack of respect from senior management

Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsSome of the people were really great to work with, but the "Dean way" did not really value those employees.

ConsImplementation of new software caused major headaches which the organization as a whole was unwilling to address or at least address in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those employess who are providing great results with more than a thank you, here is your next project. Word.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsGreat benefits, great people, great place to work

Conshonestly, there are no downsides so far!

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work!

Worked for Dean Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!