Dean Health Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig Samitt

Unit Clerk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean Health Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsThe few coworkers who took pride in their work and helping patients. Insurance kicks in on day one of employment.

ConsTwo faced power hungry management, lack of care about department. It felt a lot like high school, and a lot of drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, and don't treat them as if they are expendable. Most employees want to be there if you make an effort to hear their concerns, otherwise they will find something better. Act like professionals.

awful

IT Contractor (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean Health Systems as a contractor for less than a year

ProsNone I can think of.

ConsBig time management problems here. Very high turnover and very cruel management

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're not listening and won't listen. If you want to play devil's advocate then fine. My advice is change your ways soon or one day you won't have staff at all.

Malpractice.

I have been working at Dean Health Systems

ProsNot many pros, since federal investigation is required.

ConsThese guys tried to cover up, what they thought would be malpractice, with malpractice. Now that's just bad practice. Worked with Epic Systems Corporation to harass Epic employee, including patient confidentiality infringement. Nurses taking wrong readings, doctors covering their own ass due to Epic Systems Corporation's BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementFederal Investigation Required.

awful

Confidential (Current Employee)
Janesville, WI

I have been working at Dean Health Systems as a contractor for more than 5 years

Prosthere are no pros for dean

ConsAcross the board this company has major problems. The workforce, management, upper level management and most the doctors are just plain awful. For every one good doctor which exists in a department there are 10 bad ones. The patient review forms are totally biased as is management. Some of the clinics are also sexists I can't find a single male in a few of them. Total waste of money at the top on the most foolish things but then when something needs money they are no where to be found.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't bother even if they read this they don't care and aren't listening.

Overworked, under appreciated

Mid Level Provider (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean Health Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood benefits, potential for some schedule flexibility depending on position

Conschronically understaffed, focus more on cost savings than patient care, generous earned time BUT inadequate coverage to utilize; conflict off interest when health insurance and medical center linked to physician's pockets

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees, healthcare is not black and white- lots of gray

It could be better

I have been working at Dean Health Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPayed time off (ETO time) is generous. Some of the doctors are great to work with, as are many of the staff.

ConsInsurance premiums go up every year, coverages goes down. Management plays favorites. There is retribution for complaining. Direct manager does not understand how/what people in my position do, therefore cuts hours of staff in my position, but not of staff she favors.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough the employee survey may show an overall level of contentment, be more aware of clinics/departments where employees are not happy and take a closer look at those managers. There are some managers who have staff fearful of complaining because of retribution or bad reviews.

changing climate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean Health Systems

ProsNice employees for the most part

ConsUncaring administration with regards to employee needs

Treatment of Employees

Clerk (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dean Health Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent wages and benifits ,clean working enviroment.

ConsTreat employees like cattle, let long term employess go, then hire another manager. getting to be top heavy at the Forbes faculity. lousy communications between management and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to look in the mirror,you could be next on the list to be let go or have your hours changed without advanced notice. Deans new policy "what's good for Dean is first", then "what's good for the patient" and finally whats good for the employee ,,seems funny that the patient no longer comes first.

Lots of new experiences....great people!

I have been working at Dean Health Systems

ProsLots of opportunities to make an influence. Growing company. Good benefits, supportive environment.

ConsNot enough people to get the work done!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Dean Health Plan - Absent Leadership

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at Dean Health Systems full-time

ProsLow pressure. Often non-confrontational. Dominant within market.

ConsMany employees continue in their tasks putting in 1-2 hours of real work per day. Huge issues with management being unaware/unaccepting of the reality of low employee productivity. Conflicts of interest tolerated within reporting relationships. Many spend time gossipping, on the phone, shopping, visiting, or away from the job. Accountability is not there - for those workers or for the leaders who tolerate it. Workloads are poorly distributed, with those who are favored having far less. Some employees apparently set their own hours daily, wear what they please, and spend most of their days talking. Somehow the work gets done but not due to the interest or participation of leadership. Many employees could be let go today with tremendous savings to the plan - and productivity would actually increase because they wouldn't be there dragging down the real workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage. Spend some time and do an analysis of staffing and who does what, who is cooperative and positive, and who is poisonous. Weed out those who are bad rather than ignoring or promoting. Don't be so disengaged and unaware of this; instead, cull the workforce and promote performers.

Worked for Dean Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dean Health Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dean Health Systems CEO Craig Samitt. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Dean Health Systems employees.