Dean Health Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig Samitt

Great place to work.

ProsGreat group of people. Benefits are good.

ConsInsurance could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good company, Good benefits

Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Janesville, WI

ProsGood benefits, annual reviews and raises

ConsPerks are lacking. Management is spread too thin.

Unit Clerk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe few coworkers who took pride in their work and helping patients. Insurance kicks in on day one of employment.

ConsTwo faced power hungry management, lack of care about department. It felt a lot like high school, and a lot of drama.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, and don't treat them as if they are expendable. Most employees want to be there if you make an effort to hear their concerns, otherwise they will find something better. Act like professionals.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

awful

IT Contractor (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsNone I can think of.

ConsBig time management problems here. Very high turnover and very cruel management

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're not listening and won't listen. If you want to play devil's advocate then fine. My advice is change your ways soon or one day you won't have staff at all.

awful

Confidential (Current Employee) Janesville, WI

Prosthere are no pros for dean

ConsAcross the board this company has major problems. The workforce, management, upper level management and most the doctors are just plain awful. For every one good doctor which exists in a department there are 10 bad ones. The patient review forms are totally biased as is management. Some of the clinics are also sexists I can't find a single male in a few of them. Total waste of money at the top on the most foolish things but then when something needs money they are no where to be found.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't bother even if they read this they don't care and aren't listening.

Overworked, under appreciated

Mid Level Provider (Former Employee) Madison, WI

Prosgood benefits, potential for some schedule flexibility depending on position

Conschronically understaffed, focus more on cost savings than patient care, generous earned time BUT inadequate coverage to utilize; conflict off interest when health insurance and medical center linked to physician's pockets

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees, healthcare is not black and white- lots of gray

It could be better

ProsPayed time off (ETO time) is generous. Some of the doctors are great to work with, as are many of the staff.

ConsInsurance premiums go up every year, coverages goes down. Management plays favorites. There is retribution for complaining. Direct manager does not understand how/what people in my position do, therefore cuts hours of staff in my position, but not of staff she favors.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough the employee survey may show an overall level of contentment, be more aware of clinics/departments where employees are not happy and take a closer look at those managers. There are some managers who have staff fearful of complaining because of retribution or bad reviews.

changing climate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice employees for the most part

ConsUncaring administration with regards to employee needs

Treatment of Employees

Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsDecent wages and benifits ,clean working enviroment.

ConsTreat employees like cattle, let long term employess go, then hire another manager. getting to be top heavy at the Forbes faculity. lousy communications between management and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to look in the mirror,you could be next on the list to be let go or have your hours changed without advanced notice. Deans new policy "what's good for Dean is first", then "what's good for the patient" and finally whats good for the employee ,,seems funny that the patient no longer comes first.

Lots of new experiences....great people!

ProsLots of opportunities to make an influence. Growing company. Good benefits, supportive environment.

ConsNot enough people to get the work done!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Dean Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!