Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor Reviews

Frank Warmoth

1. Established Company

Current Employee - Engineer in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid Foundation with good stability for market

Cons

Aged procedures and software, limited continuing training

Advice to Management

Update resources

2. Considering the workforce in todays world, This is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Fitter in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Fitter in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As long as your doing your job correctly, there are no issues here. The benefits are awesome compared to what's being offered out there. There is a 75 day probationary period but if your a good, hard worker, there should be no issues here either. The co-workers here are great and helpful people with the exception of a few but this will be found anywhere you go. Management seems to be very good as long as you stay in your area and doing your job which is to be expected. I have to say, so far, this is the best job I have had in my 30 year career.

Cons

No issues here with the exception of a few workers who use the union to benefit their laziness. I see way to many bathroom breaks and a little to much talking.

Advice to Management

Haven't been here long enough to express my opinion here. All I can say is keep doing a good job.

3. Old Fashioned Company

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment, normal stress load, not a lot of overtime, but paid hourly which is the only way to do engineering in my opinion.

Cons

Management and project management seem to not be able to understand what was sold on any specific job, and as a result, the company suffers from overages. Engineering is always to blame for any error, whether it is shop related or just not included in the scope of the job.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the roses. You will not survive unless you understand what it is you are in management for.

5. One of the Worst Companies to Work For

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I worked at Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor full-time

Pros

Every once in a while teamwork was involved in day to day operations.

Cons

Everything is about pointing fingers here. No one will look out for you when you need help getting things done. The overall atmosphere is extremely negative and everyone is tense about every single little thing. It was pretty obvious that one little slip up could have detrimental effects on the company's survival. I have never in my life worked for such a pitiful company.

Advice to Management

It's extremely unprofessional to walk around the entire office loudly blabbing about your next golf outing and other plans you have for the week. It's obnoxious and funny how it doesn't happen when the board would come in for meetings.

6. Move into todays advanced techniques

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor full-time

Pros

Small company that is still developing. Good chance for people in the company to advance and stay till retirement.

Cons

On and off work schedule.

Advice to Management

Needs to slow down on agression and drive good process before taking on too much business at once. Consintrate on best practice of skilled managers and not introduce un-necessary computer programs that need the processes to work before using.

7. Check it out

Former Employee - Designer in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Designer in Taylor, MI

I worked at Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor

Pros

Good Benifits. Good pay when company has work but expect paycuts of 20% when work is slow.

Cons

Most projects are fast pace. They don't like anyone employees talking to each other. Lots of rules to follow and procedures. Company does not match 401K so you are on your own.

Advice to Management

Get some experienced people to lead estimating team so you do not lose work to other companies. Stop with all the old fashion ways of running of business this is the year 2010. Allow employees to enjoy working for you and give them encouragement not negativity. Keep the work "in house" and stop contracting work out the door in order to save a buck. Let employees do their jobs without management looking over their shoulders every 2 seconds.

RSS Feed </> Embed