Decas Cranberry Products

Updated March 26, 2014
Updated March 26, 2014

1.8

Jeff Carlson

Nice place to work with good people and ok starting pay.

Current Employee - Quality Technician  in  Carver, MA
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Carver, MA

I have been working at Decas Cranberry Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

It isn't rocket science by any means and not much is asked of the employees. You don't need experience to start and the starting salary is good considering it doesn't require experience. The days are 12 hours and you work a 3 day/ 4 day schedule.

Cons

Primary focus of production is quantity over quality.

Focus more on quality and the quantity will come. It doesn't make any sense to continue reinventing the wheel for the sake of increased production when expansion would be more prudent.

Once this was a company I was proud to work for ...Now I have become a face with no name.

Former Employee - Maintenance
    Former Employee - Maintenance

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was close to home. I had paid vacation.I worked with some great people.I used my skills to the best of my ability everyday.I was proud of the work I accomplished.

Cons

I do not feel I was a part of the company anymore. Sad to say, Decas's new generation of management has ruined a once great company.

Clean house! Get rid of the top heavy management and put your money where it really counts! Give it to your blue collared employees that have been hard working and faithful for all these years!

A Company with NO future

Current Employee - Area Supervisor  in  Lakeville, MA
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Lakeville, MA

I have been working at Decas Cranberry Products full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A decade or more ago, there were many pros. However, today not a one except being able to work outside and not at a desk.

Cons

No loyalty to their workers. Love to use At-Will terminations. Top heavy "Family" Company that would rather have an incompetent person in charge that is related, then someone who knows what they are doing. If your a minority be prepared to work not advance. You can work here for a 100 years, but when an advancement opportunity comes available, they would rather hire a newbie non-minority then advance a minority already in the company. DOn't believe me...visit the company first and see for yourself.

Sell the company to Ocean Spray because there is a reason why they are so successful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place, Bad future

Former Employee - Production Manager  in  Carver, MA
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Carver, MA

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Small company, excellent benefits the senior administration really known everyone by name. It is a great place to work if you are starting out.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. Really not a place to continue for ever. Company is fixated on a few product categories. Minimum training opportunities.

Pathetic.

Former Employee - Office  in  Carver, MA
    Former Employee - Office in Carver, MA

I worked at Decas Cranberry Products full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It's a job, but expect to do above and beyond your wildest dreams.

Cons

The entire company is run by the accounting department. They have more employees than any other dept in the company and can pick and choose job duties.

Grow a set. Take the staff on a cruise and ask them to take a pay cut six months later? Who's minding the store???

Small family owned company, not ready to move into the next generation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carver, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carver, MA

I have been working at Decas Cranberry Products

Pros

free parking and an easy commute

Cons

unethical, unorganized, favoritism, too much focus on quantity over quality.

get into the plant and actually see what you're producing. Listen to your employees, increase benefits and salary instead of cutting them

Worked for Decas Cranberry Products? Contribute to the Community!