Decathlon

Not yet rated.

Decathlon Directeur Général Yves Claude

Yves Claude

Great work environment !

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Marseille (France)

Pros- Young and dynamic employees
    - Sport culture is everywhere. Every employee practice a sport and love to talk about their discipline, it's really motivating for you to try new activities.
    - Great ambiance, when you work in the back shop, you can listen to the radio with other employees
    - Manager will encourage you to take initiatives.
    - Relation with clients

Cons- Part of the work for a salesman can be repetitive

good

Financial Controller (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Prosgood working enviroment, people are very will to share, strong teamwork

Consslow enviroment, slack, not much challenge

Just for a few moths.

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsThey offered a nice salary. You have to be flexible about your working timetable, I hated working on saturdays. I guess it is a nice place to work when you are still studying or doing something else.

ConsThe working timetables were horrible. You better be flexible. Sometimes the bosses were too young to know what to do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice work-atmosphere.

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsThe working atmosphere is very welcoming. Young, energetic employees, interesting products, lots of fun free-time activities, work-life balance, possibility to progress, continuous training, diverse tasks - overall, very good experience

ConsDealing with customer complaint can be boring / annoying. Strict policy when it comes to handling cash, often based outside of city centre, commuting takes long

Being a Decathlonian is something that goes behind the job itself!

Department Manager (Former Employee) Giugliano in Campania (Italy)

Pros- working environment
    - responsibilities since the very beginning
    - multi-tasking
    - dynamic work (never the same)
    - quite high salary
    - flat hierarchy

Cons- top-down decision making (from the country HQ)
    - very intensive work load
    - dealing with people at that scale could sound not that nice after all
    - low professional growth perspective

Advice to Senior Managementwell, there is not much to say, since the decisions come from the HQs.
    The management there was quite good. At least very good people, and somehow right skilled!
    I would rather suggest to seriously test talented people and not just treat all the same.

OK, if you're a student, but if you're ambitious and have self-dignity go somewhere else

Sales Assistant (Current Employee) Udine (Italy)

ProsYoung environment, good people to work with if you are lucky, good if you are a sport enhusiast and want to use your knowledge to help customers.

ConsLow salary. If you are a part-time worker your contract will probably espire in 2, 4 months, 6 if you're lucky. No real opportunities for promotions and personal growth, even if you're a hard worker. Department responsibles and director will overly stress you and will brainwash you about company's culture and values (hypocritical clichés no-one really cares about).

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher salaries and more opportunities for hard-workers, don't base your company's price by exploiting and under-paying students and changing them every two months, less hipocrisy about company's bubblegum values (Vitality? Sincerity? Responsibility and generosity?).

Ok short term but no progression

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI received good training before starting the job and had a lot of colleagues of a similar age to myself.

ConsLong hours stood on your feet all day with little chance to get a break without leaving the section unmanned, I would regularly be the only one on the section despite being told there would be two of us. Break room facilities were poor. Little chance to further product knowledge or progress.

Dynamic work but not very challenging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- if you love sports, this is your place
    - fast promotion

Cons- they are going to make you feel guilty that you take your holidays!

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open minded

Working there contributed to developped my professional competences to an level that I didn't expect

Event and Sales Management (Former Employee) Blois (France)

ProsThe trust from the beginning and the right to make mistakes.

Consworking hours that change many times

Advice to Senior Managementkeep a clear communication with the team is an important factors for success.

Young company, finding it's feet slowly

Department Manager (Current Employee) Birmingham, England (UK)

ProsGreat, enthusiastic workforce.
    Recruitment good - so employees are all similar.
    Fantastic values that are followed.
    Horizontal management structure.
    As much responsibility as you want!

ConsNot sure where future lies within company.
    Low costs often lead to set backs.
    Price always beats competitors, but low costing structure means people would rather shop elsewhere leading to cuts in hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on with the good work, and get yourself known more within the workforce. Allow people to see what you do, so they may one day get a chance to have your job!

Worked for Decathlon? Contribute to the Community!