Decatur General

Decatur General Reviews

Updated Feb 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

practice coordinator of hospital owned clinic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Decatur General full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, and Decatur is a small community, so it is easy to develop connections. Working at the hospital also gives you certain benefits like eligibility for credit union membership, etc.

ConsThe hospital is struggling financially. Management has been the same for a long time, and it is hard to change anything. It is also difficult to advance because there is not much upward mobility.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I enjoy working at Decatur General.

Decatur, AL

I have been working at Decatur General

ProsVery Rewarding job, Enjoy the people i work with. Close to home, great benefits. Offers many services to the public.

ConsThe pay could be lots better, We sometimes don't have the right equipment to do our job correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementObtain the right equipment that we need to do our job. Management to to come to the floors more often to see how hard we really work.

Very poor place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Decatur, AL

I worked at Decatur General

ProsOne of relatively few health care employers in Morgan County. Small organization means that you will know nearly every member of the management team, up to the CEO.

ConsHospital is in very poor financial condition. Benefit cuts. Low pay. Hiring freezes. Management stubbornly resists partnering with an outside organization that could bring badly needed resources to the organization. Outdated physical plant, equipment. Sense that many managers have achieved their positions based on longevity, not skill. Institution has an odd "good old boy" culture that promotes conformity over innovation when innovation is desperately lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementDGH desperately needs outside help to modernize its facilities and make it competitive. Hospital has become irrelevant because of its internal management blunders, not outside forces. Should partner with a strong regional healthcare organization that can invest in DGH, then leverage that strength to compete on a wider scale than just Decatur's indigent community.

Use to love to go to work now never know if will have a job at end of day

I have been working at Decatur General

ProsThe other emploees and the customers

Consnow you feel you are being watched by big brother if you are in the wrong place at the right time for adminsterion you may be fried

Advice to Senior Managementsee who is doing a good job some of us work hard and are proud of their severice

Worked for Decatur General? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Decatur General reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Decatur General employees.