Decipher

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jayme Plunkett & Jamin Brazil

Fun and challenging.

ProsThe company open and transparent about our performance, strives to provide healthy activities (fitness challenges, gym memberships, standing desks, free bikes to ride around as we feel like it, ping pong), and the work is challenging and fun.

ConsThere haven't been a whole lot of cons, honestly.

Horrible work load and little to no proper management.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGood coffee and morning snacks.

ConsExpect to work ALL the time. No career advancement. Tons of favoritism. Everyone is always stressed and negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you truly want your employees to be successful, check in more, be involved, and actually manage. Don't just make someone a manager either because they've been there for awhile. Do it because they actually know how to manage and motivate a team. Celebrate successes rather than always being demanding and only pointing out what goes wrong.

Very excited to work for a great company.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsThe perks for working here are great and there's opportunity to advance quickly as it's a growing company.

ConsIt's not an easy job. Some will not make it past their first 90 days.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love it here!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsI've learned a lot working at Decipher, everyone is really open to helping you and you never feel afraid to answer questions. I think, if you want, it isn't hard to move up in the company, so there's definitely room to grow. The company operates very much like Google with lots of fun perks like a foosball table, ping pong room, company sponsored activities, post work happy hours!

ConsIt can get a little monotonous sometimes because you're doing the same thing everyday and it can also get very stressful when there's tight timelines and not enough available people to work on projects. Due to the stress level, I do think the compensation is very low and not very competitive with other firms. There seems to be a lot of turnover in the company and the low pay coupled with the high stress levels may be why it's so frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile people are friendly, there are definitely some people in the company who believe they are higher up in the chain of command than others and that's simply untrue. It is important for the managers in every department to stress that without all departments working together and efficiently, the company would be screwed!

Career Destroyer

Programmer (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsThere was not a single pros for this company..

ConsLow Salary
    High Stress
    Not much to learn

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove employee salary and perks

Not much of a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsIt's easy to get in Decipher especially for recent graduates since no experience is required.

ConsThe first 6 months were fun as you learn many new things. After that, you'll realize that the job is boring. Not much of a career. Promise things like matching 401k that never happen. Lousy bonus structure which based on company goal. It's perfectly fine if the management do not propose extremely high goal. Haven't gotten bonus for several years since the company never meet their goal. Last but not least, the salary compensation is very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you advertising the company is mobile-focused, then you should provide the employees the mean to test in these mobile devices. 1 mobile device for 100 employees is not an ideal ratio.

Not for everyone.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsGrowing company in a growing industry.

ConsA high stress, and non-social work environment.

It's been a great starting place to launch my career in the market research industry.

Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsThe advancement available has been great and moving up in the company is done so easily once proven abilities and opportunities are available. Breakfast is provided daily, company activity days, bring dogs to work, family events, casual clothes.

ConsCan be a high stressed job due to the nature of survey errors. Everyone is human, and even though every survey goes through QA, sometimes things are missed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould appreciate more transparency when making strategic company moves and business decisions.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Account Manager

ProsOvertime opportunities if you want it

ConsBonus structure depends on company goals

Decipher - Great place to work

Programmer (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsGreat work atmosphere,
    Very friendly top management
    Less stress
    Fun to work

ConsSalary is a little less
    Sometimes have a lot of downtime

Worked for Decipher? Contribute to the Community!