Decision Toolbox Reviews

Reset
4.3
Decision Toolbox CEO Kim Shepherd
Kim Shepherd

Pros
  • It is a work from home position so dress code is very relaxed (in 22 reviews)

• Working from home presents a good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • on one hand new employees are told to ask for help, but on the other hand it can work against you and you could be fired for not meeting performance (in 2 reviews)

• Working from home can be isolating at times, but again, the employees here are a wonderful virtual support network (in 2 reviews)

1. Veteran Employee Review

Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sourcing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Decision Toolbox for 8 years. They have an excellent leadership team that takes pride in providing the best working environment I have ever seen. The culture here is amazing!! They care about their customers, employees, staying cutting edge and profitable. It doesn't get any better than this.

Cons

All of the cons I have experienced over the years have been addressed. They added paid time off as well as a full range of other benefits from medical/dental to life insurance. They even pay for your gym membership!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!!

2. Recruitment Partner

Pros

What a great company to work for. The leadership team is supportive and being able to work from home is wonderful. You are able to work as much or as little as you want.

Cons

The salary is 100% based on the number of jobs you are assigned. It is hard to manage your budget when you don't know month to month what your paycheck will be.

Advice to Management

I would make sure that the recruiters have enough jobs to work.

3. A company that values it's employees.

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decision Toolbox truly values work/life balance. Decision Toolbox is a fairly flat organization where it's not uncommon to receive kudos from our c-level management team, and there's an open, albeit virtual, door policy with everyone in the company. Decision Toolbox encourages employee feedback and suggestions and seeks to implement solutions given by employees, whenever feasible.

Cons

Hourly pay structure for my position requires there to be a constant flow of new business to keep my workload full, where there's often slow seasons of the year where the workload slows down quite a bit, but this is how business works. Being a growing company, and fairly small, there are some areas where there is lack of structure.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees, as you do. Keep doing what you're doing.

The Best Place I've Ever Worked - Great People, Great Tools, Great Philosophy!

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Decision Toolbox when leadership makes decisions and that information is shared and discussed if there are things that don't make sense they will take it back to the drawing board and do their best to make it right. That was shocking to me the first time I saw it happen and I loved it! I also love that I have control over how much I want to work and essentially how much money I want to make. To make six figures, working from home in my yoga pants is a pretty cool thing! The very best thing about DT is the culture and the people. The smallest wins are celebrated and when you make a hire just about everyone in the company sends you a note telling you Great Job - including the Founder and the CEO - it's pretty amazing!

Cons

Sometimes I push myself too hard and work too much - the paycheck is nice but it can be pretty stressful. Learning that sweet spot of work load is something that can take some time and the holidays can be difficult from a compensation standpoint unless you plan for it properly. DT is putting things in place to help make compensation more consistent during those times.

Advice to Management

I wish I could select what I want for my guaranteed amount based on what my average earnings look like because for me, I'd like it to be just a little bit higher than what it currently is.

Best place to work!

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What a great company to work for. Not only do you get to work virtually, but also the welcome aboard you feel from every other virtual employee is amazing! The best of both worlds! I recently went through training. I felt the trainer communicated in a well-organized, courteous, and effective manner. The trainer was always on time and preformed a well organized and thought out training session each day. I felt I was treated in a respectful and supportive manner throughout my training. Whenever I raised my hand for help there was always someone in the organization there to help in a kind and supportive way. There is no other organization out there like this. If you are looking for a great place to work and find a home, this is the place.

Cons

I don't get to see these awesome people everyday! At least I can IM them! You become like a family, so getting to see each other once a year is a treat.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Good environment, limited potential

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home Flexible Schedules Fun old ladies Great Technology

Cons

There is a lot of nepotism. There are about 15 sweet little ladies that do the majority of the production at DT. The all-staff meetings look like a curves convention. Not that they aren't really good recruiters, they just get assigned almost all of the production.

Advice to Management

Limit Growth, spread the work around.

Think Twice Before Accepting a Position

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time

Pros

Working from home presents a good work life balance

Cons

Isolating....did not feel like a virtual community Company offered poor training.....a few hours here and there in which the trainer is usually late for the meetings and has frequent interruptions from her family. No follow up from anyone and you are just left hanging trying to figure out what to do next. On one occasion the trainer did not even show up to the meeting or respond to follow up. The Compensation is not stable or reliable. The Employees are not sincere or helpful.....on one hand new employees are told to ask for help, but on the other hand it can work against you and you could be fired for not meeting performance! Stay away from this company!

Advice to Management

Spend time with new hires before coming to quick decisions.

Limited income, Limited work

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a work from home position so dress code is very relaxed. There are some dynamic people that work with DT that I am grateful to have met.

Cons

Limited work. You are assigned positions and there are about 10 recruiters that make a good living and everyone else is just struggling to survive. They make a lot of promises that are not followed through on at all. It is also a very female driven work environment. Women are clearly preferred as employees at DT.

Advice to Management

Limit your growth and distribute work better.

Good place to learn recruiting.

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work from home.

Cons

You can generate $250K in revenue and only make $65K. Other firms would pay $100K plus for that type of effort.

DT is probably the most unique recruiting organization I've worked for or with.

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a virtual company, DT provides employees with a work/life balance that is unmatched. Your time is yours, and if you manage it correctly, is your greatest gift. The culture is great. The company is collaborative, and really does listen to and value employee input.

Cons

For me personally, working in a home office did get a little lonely. If you like the daily camaraderie of having office mates, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I always felt loved and informed in my time at DT.

RSS Feed </> Embed