Decision Toolbox Reviews

Updated August 7, 2014
4.0

Decision Toolbox CEO Kim Shepherd
Kim Shepherd

Pros
  • It is a work from home position so dress code is very relaxed (in 22 reviews)

• Working from home presents a good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes I miss having being in an office and having face to face interactions with co-workers (in 4 reviews)

• There are times when working from home can be lonely, the bonus is that DT has put in process many ways to stay connected (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place to work!

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner
    Current Employee - Recruitment Partner

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What a great company to work for. Not only do you get to work virtually, but also the welcome aboard you feel from every other virtual employee is amazing! The best of both worlds! I recently went through training. I felt the trainer communicated in a well-organized, courteous, and effective manner. The trainer was always on time and preformed a well organized and thought out training session each day. I felt I was treated in a respectful and supportive manner throughout my training. Whenever I raised my hand for help there was always someone in the organization there to help in a kind and supportive way. There is no other organization out there like this. If you are looking for a great place to work and find a home, this is the place.

Cons

I don't get to see these awesome people everyday! At least I can IM them! You become like a family, so getting to see each other once a year is a treat.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Good environment, limited potential

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Flexible Schedules
    Fun old ladies
    Great Technology

Cons

There is a lot of nepotism. There are about 15 sweet little ladies that do the majority of the production at DT. The all-staff meetings look like a curves convention. Not that they aren't really good recruiters, they just get assigned almost all of the production.

Limit Growth, spread the work around.

Think Twice Before Accepting a Position

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time

Pros

Working from home presents a good work life balance

Cons

Isolating....did not feel like a virtual community
    Company offered poor training.....a few hours here and there in which the trainer is usually late for the meetings and has frequent interruptions from her family. No follow up from anyone and you are just left hanging trying to figure out what to do next. On one occasion the trainer did not even show up to the meeting or respond to follow up.
    The Compensation is not stable or reliable.
    The Employees are not sincere or helpful.....on one hand new employees are told to ask for help, but on the other hand it can work against you and you could be fired for not meeting performance! Stay away from this company!

Spend time with new hires before coming to quick decisions.

Limited income, Limited work

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Partner in Irvine, CA

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a work from home position so dress code is very relaxed.

There are some dynamic people that work with DT that I am grateful to have met.

Cons

Limited work. You are assigned positions and there are about 10 recruiters that make a good living and everyone else is just struggling to survive. They make a lot of promises that are not followed through on at all.

It is also a very female driven work environment. Women are clearly preferred as employees at DT.

Limit your growth and distribute work better.

Good place to learn recruiting.

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to work from home.

Cons

You can generate $250K in revenue and only make $65K. Other firms would pay $100K plus for that type of effort.

DT is probably the most unique recruiting organization I've worked for or with.

Former Employee - Recruitment Partner

I worked at Decision Toolbox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being a virtual company, DT provides employees with a work/life balance that is unmatched. Your time is yours, and if you manage it correctly, is your greatest gift.

The culture is great. The company is collaborative, and really does listen to and value employee input.

Cons

For me personally, working in a home office did get a little lonely. If you like the daily camaraderie of having office mates, this may not be the place for you.

Keep doing what you're doing. I always felt loved and informed in my time at DT.

100% Commission!! Excellent for Beginners!!

I have been working at Decision Toolbox as a contractor

Pros

You work by yourself and it's isolating but sometimes you can call someone you work with if they're not busy. Also, the kitchen isn't far away so you can eat a lot and many do. To try to keep fit some of us walk together.

Most of the jobs are low level so it's great for jr Recruiters who aren't used to making a lot of money and can fill entry level openings.

Recently we got $35.00 gift cards for Christmas bonuses!

Cons

The culture is one big clique. You work alot harder than what you pull in. Management is all ears when you have a problem so they can put their spin on it. If you say anything negative about management or the company you get laid off.

Innovative RPO

I have been working at Decision Toolbox

Pros

Flexible hours
    No micro managing, you plan your own schedule
    Varied client portfolio = diverse recruiting experience
    Forward thinking IT infrastructure
    Solid peer support, remotely

Cons

Lack of company benefits for employees outside CA
    Inconsistent compensation, dependent on projects awarded

As perfect as they come

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decision Toolbox offers a rare combination in this day and age: 1. A leadership team who actually cares (not just lip service!) about our clients, our culture, and our employees; 2. A management philosophy that strikes the balance of truly letting you be your own boss without micromanaging or leaving you unsupported; 3. No office politics!!! Really; 4.No commute! Being a 100% virtual workforce means working from a home office, and while not for everyone, if you're disciplined and self-driven it's a dream come true!

Cons

You will never find a company that doesn't have some things that could be improved. Decision Toolbox is no exception but they are very small factors in the scheme of things, and are a challenge to most companies. Communication can be difficult - being a virtual workforce you can't pop into someone's office with a question, but DT has an array of technology to combat communication barriers, and a strong corporate focus on over-communication. With that technology and commitment to over-communication (as a means of combating the virtual factor) comes inundation so it's easy to miss something or not respond as quickly as you hope. That just means you have to be more diligent and self-driven - which is not for everyone.

Please don't change a thing! This is the best company I've ever worked for. I feel like I've finally found my "home."

Great company!

I have been working at Decision Toolbox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined DT for the flexibility it provides me with my family while still being able to use my talents and passion for recruiting. DT is structured in a way where you can operate very independently but still have all the resources and leadership support as you would within a larger organization. The recruiting process and technology that DT has created enables our clients to fill their positions quickly with top talent. I love the cutting edge technology products that we utilize it makes the life for a Recruiter and Sourcer alot easier. Leadership is always open to suggestions on new technology products and process changes or enhancements. Overall great organization!

Cons

No cons that I can think of.