DecisionOne Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
1.7

Nick Sharma

Pros
  • Work from home and self managed (in 4 reviews)

• Support staff was excellent and customer service was a top priority (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for past 4 years and nothing tells me that's going to change (in 17 reviews)

• Cost of living going up every year, and pay going down every year (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

You are a number

I worked at DecisionOne full-time

Pros

Exposure to a lot of different platforms, if you get the right assignment

Cons

keeping a positive attitude despite the lack of financial compensation

Treat you employees with respect, don't avoid reviews just because it makes it easier for you to avoid being justified by lack of financial compensation to your employees.

Unsure of how they are still in business

Former Employee - Technical - Anonymous in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Technical - Anonymous in Buffalo, NY

I worked at DecisionOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Immediate co-workers were great, really cared about the job and their customers

Cons

Where to start? Management/sales make horrific, unsupportable deals which lose money, yet they aren't fired while regular, productive and knowledgeable workers are routinely laid off. Excepting senior management, no one has had raises in decades - and I'm not kidding. Senior management rarely, if ever, communicates to the worker bees. No company org chart exists. Training is poor, if any is available. Executive management uses fear to "motivate" employees, really classy bunch of folks. No career path here. Benefits are sub-par. Company CRM application, Astea, is beyond terrible, but executive management will fire you for making comments about it. Field engineers, the backbone of the company, routinely lose money traveling due to the substandard mileage reimbursement rate. They're the most important part of the company, but one of the most abused employee groups I've ever seen in my 30+ years in this industry.

Don't work here - trust me, you've been warned.

I'm sure they don't look at these reviews, nor would they listen to any recommendations (hey, I'm a MBA and know everything!) but I'd like to congratulate the executive mis-managers for running a once excellent company into the ground. Do as you are doing, take your high salaries while you can as you continuously ruin careers with random layoffs. Hopefully karma will repay the favor to you when the company folds and you are exposed as the frauds you really are.

distressing, confusing frustrating, depressing

Current Employee - Senior Field Tech in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Field Tech in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at DecisionOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

most of the field techs are of high quality and have a lot of integrity

Cons

Purchased by Glodyne from India, they thought the knew how to run a company the size of Decision One but haven't a clue yet how bad they are at this. No pay raises, the amount reimbursed for using personal vehicle is below the industry standard. I never thought of being part of a union until recently, if only for the reason that we have power with numbers and can go on strike, to force management to wake up.

wake up and treat the employees like you would like to be treated yourself before someone goes postal on you

frustrating

I have been working at DecisionOne (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people, good decent hardworking people.

Cons

Company is hostile to sales force.

create a truthful management style. stop trying to rip off employees.

Filled with Unrealized Potential

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at DecisionOne full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Company got behind real opportunities

Cons

Changing comp plans and limiting payouts at will to accommodate senior management quarterly profit margins
    Making sales people fiscally responsible for operational cost inefficiencies
    Constant layoffs to meet financial targets while overburdening the surviving employees
    Constant turnover at senior level and lack of direction
    sales prevention from at the CIO level

invest in the infrastucture and implement current technology

I have met several good and knowledgeable people

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DecisionOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I am learning and will be learning a lot about network and server support.

Cons

A lot of driving all over the state.

They are at a disadvantage because of the work load and relationship with MISYS.
    I believe they are very short handed and I don't know why. Also they work very hard but there is no standard training system.

This is most likely the worst IT company in the US.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DecisionOne full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No one in their right mind would want to work for this company. Not one person in Management knows what the field techs do or what is important to them.

Cons

The management sells contracts to maintain computer hardware to customers and then treats the techs who do the work as though they are serfs who should pay for the privilege to work for them.

They should read "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court' and then do what the king did in that story.

Watching a sinking ship wishing there was something that could repair the leak

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at DecisionOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am learning some new skills and it is enabling me to keep a roof over my family's head. My coworkers are the best.

Cons

Where do I begin. The upper management treats you like you are trying to steal from them so they compensate by stealing from you. They fully approved a flawed mileage policy that consistently calculates miles wrong and gave the employees no way to report or get compensated for the errors. They fail to get proper coverage when they know an area is going to be short handed. They fail to pay a competitive wage. You ask specific questions to management and they never respond. When I first started with this company I put in many free hours trying to be the best employee I could be but was rewarded by being told that overtime was unacceptable and the company would rather provide poor service than pay an hour or two of overtime per week.

Stop treating employees like they are cattle and customers like they don't matter. Treat your employees like you want to be treated. Provide decent benefits instead of making it impossible for a family to afford decent health care. Get with the times and compensate your field service technicians with a competitive wage and decent mileage compensation.

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Devon, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Devon, PA

I worked at DecisionOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people in the back office & in the field.

Cons

Raises for back office employees don't happen very often if at all---last one was 2006.moral at D1 is extremely low---upper management does nothing to improve the situation.

Don't waste your time working here.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Engineer in Burlington, VT

I worked at DecisionOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Never met my Manager.
    Don't have to worry about reviews, you will never get one.

Cons

You will NEVER get a raise.
    No opporttunities here.
    No training.No support.
    The upper Management treats their Employees like garbage.
    If I could give them zero stars here, I would.
    I never knew why people formed Unions until I worked for them
    I worked here for 17 years and when I had an issue with them not paying for my work expenses, I was told if you don't like it quit. So I did
    Good luck getting your overtime/prevailing wages from these guys.
    I had 5 weeks vacation that I worked long and hard for but they took two weeks away from me.Now three is the max.
    They won't even pay for the ink to print the labels to ship parts back to the warehouse for repair or restock.
    Most of what they do borders on illegal.

Waste of breath...