Decisioning Solutions

Updated May 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Darren Perko

Not a professional company, nope!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe people (not management) are very friendly.

ConsIf you like being shouted at, or being told you can't have coffee at 9am, or love taking shortcuts to get the product out the door, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck people's qualifications before hiring, and do some management courses.

Worst employer in my entire career

IT Related (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsNothing significant. They tried to add an "extensive benefits package" to make it sound good, and professional, what a joke.

ConsThe real problem there was top management. The place was run by a control freak and a very greedy man, he has a lot of problems. The pay was poor and just fired anyone without hesitation for the slightest reasons. Turnover was high, morale extremely low, the systems and software was a complete mess of problems and poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider seeing a professional counselor, mental health issues affect everyone around you.

All the bad parts of micromanagement, without the fun parts

Software Developer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsHad some very nice co-workers. Very convenient location for public transit. Some attempts to improve things seemed to be happening, maybe. Great Halloween celebration.

ConsLots of criticism from upper management.
    Lots of bizarre HR policies, and very rigid systems.
    Least flexible place I've ever worked.
    Terrible morale.
    No apparent care for the big picture.
    Perpetually trying to do damage control, either from failing technology, angering customers or failing to address technical debt until it was way too late.
    Some bad developers who are used to just getting things done, and will screw up any of your attempts to set things up properly.
    No interest in employee career development.
    No apparent interest in making things better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Do reviews, accept criticism, and trust me when I say the path to a happier workplace isn't more rules or a tighter grip.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away - Unless the new owners are more competent anyway.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThey'll hire you if you need a job to stay in Canada for immigration purposes.

ConsMostly every other aspect of the job.

avoid this employer! The worst place I ever worked.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLocation is great. Co-workers (not management) are great. Will hire if you don't have Canadian experience.

ConsManagement is terrible, you will be yell at, sworn or hear your colleagues be abuse. Regardless of job title are demand to work outside of your job role on demeaning work that have nothing to do with your skill. Every minute is tracked even if you take too long in bathroom. Minimal vacation time. Demeaning, depressing place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStyle of management is out of date and has no place. Remember staff can go elsewhere, there are plenty of software companies in Toronto all treating employees much better and offering perks. Respect your staff, be professional, be ethical, treat everyone fairly no matter gender, race or age.

One of the most awful companies I have ever worked for in my entire career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe only main thing I liked about working with this company were my co-workers, who were a bunch of smart and friendly people.

ConsManagement was ridiculous. Expected over-time work with no additional pay. No room for growth. High turn-over for a software development company. Average employee time with company is less than a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure your employees are happy. Provide employees with fair salary. Stop threatening employees with legal actions. Share the company success with your employees. Treat employees with respect and dignity.

Avoid this employer...

Software Developer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- convenient location (access to food and transit)

Cons- work is repetitive and uninteresting
    - inflexible work hours (8:30am - 5:00pm)
    - people are fired/terminated regularly
    - extremely high turnover (someone is leaving virtually every week)
    - no training provided to employees (everyone is considered a flight risk)
    - management is absent from team meetings

Advice to Senior Management- invest in your employees and your employees will invest in you

don't work here

Systems Administrative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosnot many I can think of, maybe a good place for someone just entering the country that can't find a job

Consowner is a control freak, low pay, ageing IT infrastructure, cheap

Advice to Senior Managementyou're not steve jobs

Java Developer

Java Developer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsSalary is not bad, it compatible with market standards.

ConsTerrible workplace environment, low morale and lack of recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate policies to make workplace better, not worse.

Interesting

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood location. Good way to get experience if you're an immigrant and cannot find a job. They will hire you.

ConsNo bonuses. No overtime pay. Weak middle management. Lack of resources. High turnover (3 people quit every month). Lack of professionalism at the workplace from middle managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional in communication. Do not tolerate rudeness from team leads towards others. Provide some form of bonuses or better overtime pay or else don't expect it from employees.

Worked for Decisioning Solutions? Contribute to the Community!