Decisive Analytics

Add Photos

John S. Donnellon

Be Heard

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsThey try very hard to make you feel welcome and part of the company. I had a strong sense that people were listening to me and paying attention. I felt very "empowered" and appreciated.

ConsSome work is direct for customers at their location. You feel robbed because you are at the crummy customer location with the bosses who aren't as good as the DAC bosses.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more diversity conscious. I'm Jewish and some behavior at company events made me think that hadn't been considered. Try to find a way to get people who aren't in Crystal City to the big off-site.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat compensation and bright people

ConsVery political environment. Poor CEO with insecurity issues.

Amazing internship experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEverything about DAC was fantastic, from the people to the work. Everyone's very good at what they're doing, and you'll get to work on your own project and see it through from start to finish. There's very little micromanaging, and you have a lot of free reign over how you design your project, but at the same time everyone is willing to give you suggestions and assistance when you need it.The overall environment is fantastic, everyone is really friendly, and I couldn't recommend this company enough.

ConsWas occasionally unsure of what to do next, but generally was able to get ideas for how to proceed pretty quickly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat people who are very talented and smart, interesting and challenging work, outstanding benefits and work environment.

ConsLack of Business Development professionals

Great place, great people

Intern, Machine Learning Division (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros- extremely friendly coworkers
    - wonderful opportunities to learn on the job
    - interesting projects and assignments

Cons- worrying political climate (defense cuts)

Research Scientist

Research Scientist (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEmployee-Owned Company filled with bright, energetic people. Potential to work on a variety of interesting problems in text & natural language processing, operations research and sensor/data fusion. Lots of freedom to pursue a research agenda. Employee's are treated very well. Hours are flexible, managers are supportive and there is even an annual off-site company-sponsored retreat (in places like Hawaii and California).

ConsRelatively flat management structure. Lots of ability to take on additional responsibility, but little ability to get promoted.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsEmployee-owned company that offers a great benefit package.

ConsBecause they are a federal contractor, a number of the employees work offsite at client locations, loses a sense of belonging.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. I look forward to seeing the great successes the future holds for Decisive Analytics.

Great

Finance (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat people, great mentors, great environment, family oriented, and flexible. I think this company is one of the best place to work.

ConsNot much to do sometimes. Nothing to complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good work DAC

Great Benefits

(Current Employee)

ProsEmployee-owned company with amazing benefits, such as discounted sports tickets, vacation, flexible scheduling

ConsLack of feedback, flawed review process

Small company doing big things! Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecisive Analytics is a great place to work for so many reasons, but truly the best reason is the people. The people are top notch in all areas of the company and the company takes care of the people. They always stand behind what's right.

ConsSame cons as all small companies ... certain things just haven't made it into the structure yet but it's heading in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up and maintain your focus on your people. Your work product will always be top notch if you continue to bring in such amazing people.

Worked for Decisive Analytics? Contribute to the Community!