Dedicated Computing Reviews

Don Schlidt

1. Company with a good outlook

Former Employee - Production Technician in Greenfield, WI
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Greenfield, WI

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Good people to work with + Good place to develop technical skills/knowledge + Fun working environment + Safety is practiced and encouraged + The CEO is a great guy! + Prioritizes promoting from within + Company is growing b/c of providing superior service (compared to Dell and HP) and product to clients. + Supervisors are good at encouraging excllence in a positive manner.

Cons

- Leave your Saturday mornings open during certain times of year. You may or may not HAVE to come in on short notice. - Sub-par pay - Quality of work environment heavily depends on which manufacturing cell you are a member of and your compatibility with that team.

Advice to Management

More focus needs to be put on training cell members in more efficient technical troubleshooting skills and recovering from setbacks caused by faulty components and extraneous events, and less focus put on basic assembly line efficiency training. That training is great when everything in the cell is running smoothly, but redoing the same training in a slightly different way when numbers still aren't good isn't necessarily the answer. I found that the biggest blows to productivity were often issues that were not due to the mistakes of any cell members but to faulty hardware or software and other factors outside of technicians' control. It often took too long for the cell to discover what the issue was, and by the time it was discovered the cell was already way behind on numbers for the week.

2. Internship Experience

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

Pros

Involvement and interaction with senior management; opportunity for technical skill development; clean working environment

Cons

Very slow moving and often disorganized; office can be dismal; relatively poor compensation

3. Dedicated Computing

Former Employee - Sales in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Sales in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They bring you in at salary which is market level based for a sales position.

Cons

You will have your salary reduced by 25% per year after year one. Works much like a real estate company where you are brought in and then gradually reduces your salary to a non-professional level....less than $30k...much like selling insurance and mutual funds where you are expected to live entirely off of your commissions. Stay out of here as the have a faulty business model and compete against Dell. IBM. HP. etc. Oh, and one more thing...its 100% cold calling, starting with zero inherited accounts and the senior sales reps accounts are protected ...so you are left with little if any opportunities/companies to sell to.

Advice to Management

Wake up....your sales team is your life blood....only real estate companies reduce full time position sales people's salaries. And you're not selling houses here.....

5. Decent people overall-good experience

Pros

Nice clean environment. Tasks allow for great technical skills development

Cons

Very early hours for first shift. (6:00 am) Co-workers were not the friendliest.

6. The most unprofessional and negative environment that I worked for.

Former Employee - Cell Member
    Former Employee - Cell Member

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything is plug & play & the instructions are right in front of you on a monitor with detailed pictures. There was plenty of overtime.

Cons

They say quality, but they really mean numbers. If the employees don't like you that will call you names and assume things about you. The leads and supervisors that I worked with are very unprofessional. Some employees will even threaten you and are very aggressive. If you come from a different culture you are treated with disrespect. There are a lots of selfish and hateful people if you are not related to them. The company is completely full of nepotism. I agree with most of the reviews here except the positive ones. There was nothing positive about the people I worked with except the ones that kept quiet and their mouth shut. One review said it best with, “I was harassed and bullied by a few coworkers and HR tried to deny it and blame me for it. Ended up quitting due to the stress. Was a horrible place to work.” I fully agree with this reviewer. This is the worst company that I ever work for and I over 30 years of work experiences. I almost went crazy working here.

Advice to Management

You should make sure your leads, supervisors, and workers are professional or you'll be sued. I could have sue the company but didn't because I was too happy to out that environment.

7. Would be very careful before thinking of joining this company.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Customers were great to work with.

Cons

They don't invest in the employees or value them. There is a lack of leadership in general. Salaries are below what the market range is. Very high turnover in employees and customers. That says a lot.

Advice to Management

Focus on what the company is good at. The global enterprise dedicated side of the business. You're failing in the consulting side and that has been evident ever since Dedicated bought Tushaus.

8. My time at Dedicated has been very enjoyable, with plenty of opportunities to expand my knowledge.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Dedicated Computing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance...not too strict about time Everyone is available to ask questions, and most people seem to be in a good mood The CEO will get to know your name Executives, Directors, etc. don't act like they're better than everyone Haven't been here very long yet, but I can imagine myself being promoted Frequent meetings to let employees know how the company is doing and events to get involved in Opportunities to attend conferences, tradeshows, etc.

Cons

Pay is a little below market rate No middle management, which could be good, but it also shows that it could be hard to get a real promotion. My onboarding/orientation was a bit lackluster

Advice to Management

More defined path to promotions Offer a program in which office workers can spend time in various areas of the business to get a more complete knowledge of how the business operates, and the integral role of every employee.

9. Poor environment of micro management and leadership blind spots

Former Employee - Manager in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has leading edge technology that can address large marketplace issues. There is a large collection of knowledge at all employee levels. Overall there is a strong work ethic among the teams and individuals.

Cons

There is a consistent shifting of executive priorities that causes huge disruptions in the operation. Most individuals feel undervalued and even though they are asked - feel that their ideas do not matter. Leadership does not want to hear the truth and is known to "kill the messenger" to stay the course.

Advice to Management

Modify execution plans with lessons learned and actual market feedback Search for actual root of the problem and then support the cost of resolution Examine and significantly improve the leadership style starting at top Realize there are unintended customer consequences to all $ decisions

10. Poor sales leadership, poor planning and execution by senior management

Former Employee - Business Development Executive
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive

I worked at Dedicated Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great food choices in the vending machines.

Cons

Sales management is very weak, does not know how to lead. Doesn't understand the basics of managing a sales pipeline. Very poor execution. I am very surprised there have not been any change in leadership.

11. Did gain beneficial experience that i will be able to use in my career.

Current Employee - Integration Tester in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Integration Tester in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Dedicated Computing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was plenty of over time. Everyone was easy to get along with. If you worked hard enough you would be able to advance in the company.

Cons

There was no set schedule. you would find yourself coming in at 5a some days and 7am on others.

Advice to Management

N/a

RSS Feed </> Embed