Defense Contract Management Agency Reviews

1. nonfactor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Defense Contract Management Agency

Pros

Benefits are good and 401K

Cons

They are fake, not willing to make any changes. Not willing to really train you, Not a good place to work, very stressful. People are going to set you up to fail and talk about you behind your back. I would recommend finding a better environment .

Advice to Management

Grow up and stand behind the innocent

Run

Former Employee - Industrial Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Industrial Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Defense Contract Management Agency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Annual leave and sick leave are just about the only good parts of working for the government. It was by far the worst employer I have ever worked for.

Cons

There are far too many to list here. The phrase "good enough for government work," doesn't even come close to how ridiculous this agency is.

Advice to Management

I have no advice. I am only happy that I got out of there before I went insane. I will never go back and absolutely never recommend it to anyone.

3. DCMA

Current Employee - CSS
    Current Employee - CSS

I have been working at Defense Contract Management Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Get to telework three days a week

Cons

Traveling three weeks a month

5. Sr QA Engineer/Test Coordinator

I have been working at Defense Contract Management Agency

Pros

Loved working there. Great place great people.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about DCMA.

DCMA - A Good Place to Get DAWIA Certified

Current Employee - GS-12 General Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - GS-12 General Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Defense Contract Management Agency

Pros

- Supervisors support new employees in getting their DAWIA certifications - Lots of fascinating technology - A good place to learn about the largest, most complex of government acquisitions: weapons systems

Cons

- can be very hierarchical, with front-line management and upper management very much removed from the work that is expected to be produced by the GS-12 engineers and contracts personnel - don't sign a Telework Agreement. - limited potential to move up within a given location.

Advice to Management

Make the management of the agency more "project oriented", less hierarchical.

Fair, federal agency that is forward-looking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Defense Contract Management Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked with DoD before but DCMA seemed more forward-thinking. It's IT policies were more sensible, it sought to be a paperless office and in many instances accomplished that. Pay was on the GS scale, so there's little room for complaint- you know what you're getting when you get into bed with them.

Cons

The telecommute policy was drastically changed while I was there, from requiring in office presence only 2 days out of 10 to an increased 8 days out of 10.

Advice to Management

I know at least two senior analysts who accepted the position with the telecommute then in place as a given. It was a shame to change the deal on them after their acceptance and not at a logical break point (e.g. annual review, fiscal year, calendar year)

8. Below Average Federal Agency

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in New Cumberland, PA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in New Cumberland, PA

I have been working at Defense Contract Management Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very Flexible Work Schedules, Plenty of vacation and sick time, decent salary, stability, veteran friendly Agency, great work/Life balance

Cons

Very Limited upward mobility, some unprofessional managers...notice I didn't say leaders. Sub standard training for the value of the contracts that we administer. Unprofessional appearance is the norm at many locations. Internally focused on metrics. The big picture is lost but hey....some clowns have built a top heavy empire.

Advice to Management

Hire leaders and not the next federal schlub waiting for THEIR 13 or 14. Disgusted. Administer a professional writing exam before presenting an offer in management.

9. Great Job

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Defense Contract Management Agency

Pros

Low stress, Plenty of training opportunities

Cons

None so far, hopefully only blue skies and rainbows await me.

10. Good company dedicated to ensuring quality products are delivered to the Government on time.

I have been working at Defense Contract Management Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees have the opportunity to have positive impact on multiple programs of great importance to the defense of the United States. The workforce is, for the most part, dedicated to public service.

Cons

It is a very centrally controlled organization. It is also heavy on metrics evaluating internal performance as opposed to external, which most customers would care about.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your external customers assessment of your performance versus your internal assessment of your performance. Current leadership is doing a very good job of shifting the organization's focus toward their external customers.

Nice Start for Your Employment Career

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Carson, CA

I worked at Defense Contract Management Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities exist for high school/college graduates. Keystone Intern program excellent for promotional advancement with management support!

Cons

Working with less knowledgeable personnel can sometime slow your growth potential during your initial Job training and development!

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to aim for the highest level possible even if that means that they will exceed the position that you now occupy! You never know the employee may someday reward you for your support!

RSS Feed </> Embed