Deffenbaugh Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Donahue

Recycling Coordinator

ProsWorks around my schedule when needed

ConsNo guidance, haven't talked to whoever my manger is since December 2013

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people know when their manager quits

Liquor required.

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsSome of the people I work with are amazing (can't understand why they are still working here..).

ConsUnless you like to brown nose, this is not the place for you. They have unrealistic expectations for the drivers and the dispatchers. If the drivers refuse to do a box for safety reasons, they will get fired on the spot. On the flip side, if the drivers get caught by the secret driver doing something out of safety regulation, they will get fired on the spot. We are so short drivers, we can't keep up with our customers. So for a solution, the sales team has started putting "turn and response" times on every single box. If the drivers don't get fired, they quit from over exhaustion and frustration. No matter what this company does to get drivers in the door to hire, nothing works. No one will apply because Deffenbaugh has created a monster of a reputation.

Heed my warning: Stay Away! This company is imploding in on itself!! Our customers are dropping like flies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen not one employee is happy with their job and has indirectly been told that they are replaceable, there has to be a common denominator.. That would be management.

This job is a very very simple job. But when management "thinks up" new ways of doing things on a daily basis, it makes this job impossible. I'm all for flexibility and innovation, but when you get in trouble every single day for trying to do what they want you to do based on the day before.. It give you a reason to drink every single night.

Lack of good leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsHard working people. The waste industry is a stable one. good starting pay, on-site health clinic. Occasional meals or other perks for employees.

ConsThe company offers no raises, no 401k match, and there is a culture of intimidation & fear that comes from the very top. The company hasn't figured out that in order to keep good people, you have to treat them fairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust treat your people fairly and they will stick around.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No room for advancement.

Dispatcher (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsSteady work and busy pace

ConsNo room for advancement. No pay increase

Waste of time.

ProsGood starting wage. No opportunity for advancement or raise.

ConsNothing promised in their interview was upheld.

Bad place to work. Very, very bad place!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone. This job is for desperate people who need a weekly check of peanuts to eat.

ConsThankless and dirty job. Very low pay with no chance of raises. Offers benefits employees can't afford. Management is clueless.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay out of the strip clubs and pay more attention to employee complaints and needs.

Not Good

ProsUnfortunately there are no pros that I can think of that would help a perspective candidate find a job here. Some of the people are nice but for the most part it's not a good environment.

ConsBenefits, Management, No company vision or direction, job security/layoffs without reason or cause, work environment, old school mgmt style, quantity of angry customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are not interested in what the average employee thinks about their business practices. It will have to work it's self out naturally. I would steer clear of this company.

Loved the people I worked with, The company not so much

Residential, Commercial, Rolloff (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsThe people you work amongst are among the best down to earth people I have ever met.

ConsBe careful getting into junior or middle management, The trends and loyalty of the customers with their contracts change on a yearly and bi yearly basis

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to show some loyalty to your workers and go getters rather than cutting out the employees that have hung in their putting in their time, just to save a few dollars so you dont have to pay out on benefits and much deserved raises.

I have nightmares about my job

Helper (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe 10 customers out of my 12,000 are the only thing good I have to say. To those ten thankyou for everything you do for me.

ConsUnfair overworked & underpaid. Helpers are the back bone of this industry. I get paid the least amout of money. We do all the work. Lie lie lie. The routes are designed to fail. If its not perfect weather you will not complete your route. Then they say you have to work free on the weekend because you didn't finish. Meanwhile you have the favorites who dont work 30 hours a week and make the same money as me. I hate my job and only do it to feed my family. The turnover rate is ridiculous because its just plain brutal. Im digging my own grave here. My body hurts and still I show up everyday to not even be appreciated. If you die they wont send your wife a card. Theyll just show you a picture of who did die and say dont be like this idiot.

Advice to Senior ManagementWheres the money? Nothing is getting cheaper except deffenbaugh! Get rid of everyony running omaha ne. They lie to you. Nothing is ok downhere were dying. These routes are way to big unfair in every way. Im really tired of working so much longer and harder than half the company and making the same money as me. Please come down here and ask us the helpers one by one if eveything is alright. If you lost whats left of us full-time employee's. I promise the temps and management will run your company into the ground. Think of us, help us help you and treat us like we matter. Because nobody feels that you do down here I promise you everyone feels like me. These drivers dont help at all. I think we deserve the same pay as them and most of them feel the same way.

Not very good at all

Truck Driver (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsPay is very well , equipmnt seem to be well kept for safety, also easy parking There is no mor nice things to say

Consplay favorites not afraid to discriminate against least liked employes, seems to get pay wrong alot,LIES to employess to get them to do things.Seems to not want workers with treatment like they do.

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair to all not just the ones you like.

Worked for Deffenbaugh Industries? Contribute to the Community!