Defiance Metal Products

Defiance Metal Products Reviews

2.2

Samuel S. Strausbaugh
1 Rating

Lots of potential for this plant

Current Employee - Indirect Labor in Heber Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Indirect Labor in Heber Springs, AR

I have been working at Defiance Metal Products full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees and departmental supervisors are top-shelf and all want to perform to the best of their abilities. Good benefits: health insurance, paid holidays, matching 401(k).

Cons

Upper management and corporate bosses are more concerned with the bottom line than employee morale. They will furlough employees at the end of the month to make the numbers look good to shareholders. Non-competitive salaries for the hourly employees. Instability.

Invest in the plant and the people. Show them they are the reason you even have a job with DMP. If the doors close on them, they close on everybody.

all for defiance metal products, nothing for employees!!!!!!

Current Employee - Employee in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Defiance Metal Products

Pros

honestly, a paycheck is all i can think of.

Cons

we were bought out 4 years ago by defiance metal products. since then we lost personnel days, 401 was very, very weak, have had no raise at all, not even a cost of living raise in the four years since the purchase from CIS. we had plenty of work proir to the take over with carrier (united technologies) we were informed by sam strausbaugh and his partner that they wanted to rid the company of carrier, due to the fact we would not have enough capacity to run the amount of work that would be comeing to the texas plant. carrier was eliminated, and the large work load never materialized. we were sent all the work which had a very low profit margin if any at all. we were told at a later date that they could not keep us open if things don't pick up here, and that it was a surprise to all of us when carrier left,and that really hurt us. yet they built a very nice plant in china, bought a plant in pennsylvania,and in wisconsin. we have had four years of nothing but lies, and more lies. now they gave us a closeing date of may 31st, 2011. and no matter how long you worked for the company your retention bonus would be no more than$1000.00 , and you will be lucky if you get that much.

they have courses in business management at local colleges, and i think a refresher course is surely, without a doubt needed very badly. we are humans and deserve to be treated as such, and not throw aways to be discarded because of some lousey management decisions.