Defined Marketing Solutions

CEO

Exciting Time

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Defined Marketing Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot going on with this company right now. The company is picking up new campaigns, which is exciting for the whole team. Being able to be exposed to so many Clients is huge. Being a part of this company I am able to learn so much about business, marketing, and sales. The structure of the training is thorough, and everybody is so competent. It is nice to be able to ask my mentors for help, and actually get answers and techniques that can help me immediately. I love the fact that they promote solely from within, it creates a dynamic where everybody is working hard because they know that they will be rewarded for their efforts. I am also excited that this company gives me the opportunity to relocate, any company that gives you opportunity to expand your horizons is a winner in my book.

Cons

you will need endurance. Not a regular 9-5. Not glamorous by any means, however what really is? There is a system in place, the system works, so you have to learn the system and stay true to the system.

Amazing

Loved the people, but in the end the job wasn't for me.

I have been working at Defined Marketing Solutions

Pros

Gain confidence in your ability to learn and memorize a pitch. And confidence in your ability to approach random people and engage in a conversation.

Cons

Most people dont want to be pitched while shopping. Constantly getting told no to your face, have to walk/run for 8 hrs and try to get 2 sales (sign ups) at best.

Endless Opportunities

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Defined Marketing Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to be in control of your destiny, then this is the opportunity to go for. The company provided me with all the skills and tools necessary to learn from the ground level and slowly build my foundation to get to management. It is a very fast-paced environment where you are constantly being pushed outside of your comfort zone and learning more about yourself on a personal basis. It is a very family-friendly environment and I would not be where I am today without the support that the company has given me.

Cons

Time management is probably the most difficult thing to control. You have to be all in with no plan B in order to get to the top. This means turning your personal life into your business life. But if you work hard every day to hit your goals, you can get to your success

The upper management is great! They are always there whenever I need them and they were constantly pushing me to get to my next level. Everyone there has the same essential goal: SUCCESS! And they are all there to help you get to your no matter what it takes! I thank them everyday for helping me become the person I am today!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Opportunity out there!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Defined Marketing Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about working at Defined Marketing Solutions was that for the first time in my life, I was in total control of my career. I wasn't in a position where I had to wait for someone to die or retire for me to advance through the management training program. I no longer was working for someone, but with someone. The knowledge, experience, and growth I gained is invaluable. I went through the program in eight and a half months and now my life has been forever changed.

Cons

There are no cons. It's not easy, but if you work hard, learn to be solution orientated, rather than looking for problems, you will be successful.

Keep doing what you're doing. You are truly helping people to define their future by giving them tools to take their career to the next level.

Defined Opportunity

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at Defined Marketing Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The opportunity for growth and personal development with this company is excellent. You will learn more about yourself working with this company than you would doing anything else. The opportunity is real and it will push you to bring the best out of you every day. Working with this company will bring out your personal strengths and weaknesses and it’s a great real world opportunity to work on yourself and your own business. If your looking for a cookie cutter job where you show up and do the bare minimum to earn a lousy wage, this isn't for you. This work is for people who are highly determined to gain personal and financial success. I learned more about myself working for DMS then I did though out all my schooling. The personal development was worth more than any about of money. The managers are great and are highly motivational. They couch you in a way that bring the best qualities out of you and teach you how to relate that in the field. I was truly grateful for the opportunity and support that i received the whole time I was with this company and can't thank everyone I worked with enough! This job is truthfully a great opportunity for those who are willing to go for it.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working for DMS are all going to be personal. Working here, you determine the about of success you will receive. Success and failure are all up to you. The only challenges you will run into are personal and its up to you how you handle them. The work will push you to your breaking point that’s why I recommend someone going for this job must posses a few key qualities. You have to be Hard Working. If your lazy and not willing to do whatever it takes to be successful, you won't be. You also have to be Self Disciplined, being strong minded and not giving up on what you started. You need to have an Entrepreneurial mindset. Being able to think big will propel you to greater heights with this company. If you don't posses some of the qualities, this job won't be right for you.

Upper management is great. They find ways to bring the best out of everyone and truly want everyone to be successful at the business and in life. They instill ideals that help you with personal development in every aspect of your life. I am so grateful for the opportunity that DMS gave me and can’t thank Management enough for believing in me. I grew more as a person in the time I was with DMS than I have all though my professional career.

Might as well be door to door sales

I have been working at Defined Marketing Solutions

Pros

Some nice people, unfortunately desperate for work

Cons

Walk around home depot and sales pitch strangers all day for little or no money

Mistake optimism for denial

I've had tons of travel opportunity at Defined Marketing Solutions!

Current Employee - Manager-In-Training  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager-In-Training in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Defined Marketing Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I know that some of the more "seasoned" business people out there do not appreciate work travel. I, however, love to travel, and I am excited every time management announces a new trip. I've gotten to go to several Dallas leadership conventions, and I have been chosen to go to Jamaica this year as well. All of these trips are 100% paid for by the company, and the Jamaica trip is all expenses paid including recreational activities. I love working here, and travel is one of the biggest perks!

Cons

I have not personally encountered any cons, but I know that some people have a little bit of difficulty making it through the training period. I just stuck it out and worked really hard, and now I am one of the top team members at the company!

Keep the trips coming! I think it really motivates the team to work hard if they know that they are working for an opportunity to go to Jamaica or Cabo or some other awesome location!

Learned a Lot!

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA

Pros

I am currently in business school where I am paying tuition every semester. I can honestly say, I learn more from the manager in one hour, than I do in any of my business classes. The training structure is thorough and supportive. I struggled in the beginning, but the management team was very patient and supportive of me. Now I am on pace to really grow with this company, and it is exciting to see the type of growth and strides I am making on a day to day basis. I already feel myself to be more confident, and business savvy.

Cons

It isn't a con to me, but to some it may be. The manager holds you accountable, and will constantly push you to reach your full potential. For somebody like me, it was needed. He expects the best out of me every day, and nobody ever had done that before him. He believes in me, and it has helped me believe in myself more.

Just want to say Thank you for working with me constantly. I appreciate the time you take, and the belief you place in me.

True family

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Defined Marketing Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at this company has opened my eyes to who I am as a person. It has taught me to become a better individual both personally an professionally. I have learned to be more goal oriented, and have learned invaluable skills that I am using in my current field. I used this as a summer job while I was on vacation, I wanted to try out something new that was different from what I was studying. It was my first job ever so I didn't know what to expect. I ended being surrounded by AMAZING people, the manager was so nice and worked with me even though he knew I was just temporary., I also made WAY more money than I expected. I had the chance to travel, and experience new things.

Cons

This job is like a mirror. It shows you your strengths and your weaknesses. It was a little hard to realize what I am not very good at. It was also scary to have total control over my paycheck. Even though I knew I was always going to make at least the guarantee, the manager gets you so excited about raising your standards to make more. I am thankful he was like that because I made quite a bit more.

I know there is so many people that come and go from the company, I guess it's the nature of the business, I would just say don't feel it's because of you. If you could make somebody like me succeed in this program with the limited amount of time you had with me, anybody who is willing to be humble, work hard, and learn will be able to be successful with you in charge!

Scam

I have been working at Defined Marketing Solutions

Pros

It's a job. A job is a job and you make a little bit of money, emphasis on a LITTLE. The success rate of this job is extremely low but if you are the 1% than maybe this is for you.

Cons

Nothing at all really. They hire a fresh batch of people, but really, no one wants to do this job unless there is no other option whatsoever. With this tough economy, it's sad to say that people do this because there is no alternative.

Seriously stop taking advantage of new grads and the unemployed.

Worked for Defined Marketing Solutions? Contribute to the Community!