Definition 6 Reviews

2.9
Jeff Katz

Growth Potential

I have been working at Definition 6 full-time

Pros

A solid company in its foundation with good outlook towards the future as it can provide multiple tears of service and services to clients

Cons

Ability to have unified goals and message across all offering to both clients and staff

Advice to Management

Identify and accelerate growth of the star players while identifing failure points

2. On the Rise with huge Momentum

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Definition 6 (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past couple of years we have gone through some significant changes and while they were not all perfect, the result has shown to be amazing. We are growing and have an excellent team in place to exceed client needs. Employees want to work and are excited about the work we are producing for our clients. While not all change is good and we have also experienced the bad... the most recent changes are excellent.

Cons

Like I said previously, not all change is good... and we have been through the bad. We had a rough period that has caused us to loose some great employees. With that there are growing pains, but I feel we are working to get ahead of them and put the correct process and tools in place to succeed. Reviews were forgotten for a little bit, but are back in place.

Advice to Management

It is very important to stick with our reviews and encourage employees. Happy employees produce great work.

3. Great people, mediocre leadership

Pros

Great people minus a couple mediocre leaders. Strong video team with great leadership. Well intentioned, smart, and friendly CEO.

Cons

Lack of digital innovation. Digital leadership does not value good employees. No genuine upward mobility. No raises. Poor benefits.

Advice to Management

If you value your employees, show it. Be open to other opinions and ideas. Stop using industry words that sounds good to the point of not actually saying anything.

5. Clients don't come back for some reason.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Definition 6 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quarterly staff meetings with promises things will get better using a new process to replace the previous process by a newly hired manager to replace the previous manager. A teary-eyed CEO serves his own kool-aid flavored with out of date creative, aging equipment, and outsourced technology.

Cons

Big name clients prominately listed on site dont come back...red flag. Long sales cycles. Frenzied delivery cycles. Dev is outsourced. Cost cutting resulted in salary reductions. No training. Old...very old equipment. No sales staff. No technical developers. Skilled hires don't last long. Promotion by attrition. Creative design is dated, unless provided by the client.

Advice to Management

Try out new client, technical and creative leads as an experiment to see if things improve, stop blaming your talent or process. When a client doesn't come back they are trying to tell you something.

Smart people, great work!

I have been working at Definition 6 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Titles says it all!

Cons

Former bad leadership hurt culture, but it's making a comeback as many of the bad seeds left earlier this year.

Incompetent leadership, hostile culture, poor work product

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Definition 6 full-time

Pros

Dog friendly - that is literally the only pro.

Cons

This review is for the digital agency in Atlanta (not NY). This company does not value deep discipline expertise so they are not really good at anything, they are not even mediocre at anything - which includes creative design, user experience design and technical development, basically the minimum of what you have to be good at in order to run a great digital agency. They give work away so it takes four times a long as it should to complete a project and that results in zero margin or profit and overworked employees. The leadership runs the business like a fraternity and they put the interests of the frat ahead of what is best for the business, the agency, it's clients and it's employees.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately this agency will likely go out of business unless the leadership is replaced.

Not what it used to be

I worked at Definition 6 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some smart people to learn from. Dog friendly.

Cons

Lack of focus. Doesn't seem to have any strategic direction. Political. Creative is mediocre. Disconnected management team.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want to be, and become it before you sell it.

Chaos, Disorganization, Clueless Leadership

I worked at Definition 6 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Culture: The culture is pretty open. You don't have to be afraid of asking to be a part of a project or helping with new things because you want to learn. It's also pretty laid-back in terms of stupid little rules. Just get your work done and the other little things won't matter. Dog friendly office. -Health Benefits, 401K -People: There are a select few people at this company who are very, very intelligent. You can learn a lot from these people. You just have to not let the...other...people distract you.

Cons

-Leadership: Is constantly changing. Turnover is horrendous. -Value: No raises are given. Don't feel valued as an employee. -Career: No opportunity for growth. -Benefits: No 401K matching. -System: There is no system. For anything. At all. Everything that is done is completed at an all out sprint, yet you feel like you're running in place. It's all completely disorganized, all the time.

Advice to Management

Get your house in order. My outlook for the future of this company right now is grim. I don't see the building still standing in the next 5 years. There is a total and complete lack of communication across the board, with utter disorganization around all major aspects of the business. The best way to describe it is just that it doesn't feel like anyone is in control.

10. It's really too bad as it could be great

I worked at Definition 6 full-time

Pros

It has good history, had some really great clients, had some fantastic employees (has some still), has had some really great help to try to align

Cons

It's lost it's way in the industry, because of unorganized strategic direction overall especially through acquisitions Poor results in many ways that have led to losing great employees year after year Leadership that is "tired" and doesn't really seem "get it"

Advice to Management

Make sure that the "leaders" in place can make everything relevant again in a good and positive way to get over the major issues and mistakes. Losing good employees constantly isn't a good way to forge a new path in the industry, especially when trying to fix all of the errors and the major layoffs that have taken place consistently through the evolution of the co.

Wasting talent

Former Employee - Account Director
    Former Employee - Account Director

I worked at Definition 6 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When they pitch well, they bring in top tier client and opportunities. Client relationships revolve around omni-channel engagements that strive to drive brands towards meaningful engagement with prospects and consumers. – Beer, snacks, outings, bring your pets to work, all the usual benefits, etc. - Used to put out great work - Worked with a lot of talented people through the years

Cons

The top management of the company seems to be ego driven. This may have changed since I left, but your career growth is basically determined by whether or not you are part of the inner circle and can party with the big boys.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words and we all see your actions.

RSS Feed </> Embed