Del Amo Hospital Reviews

It's okay

Former Employee - Per Diem  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Per Diem in Torrance, CA

I worked at Del Amo Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

Claims that they have a low staff turnover. I don't know if that's true. You get good PTOs. You may get recognized and get promotion, but after if you work there for a year or more, which is typical. I think you can grow with this company.

Cons

The pay is "okay". For interns and per diems, interns do not get paid, per diems/temps get paid low i think and they can end your assignment without a 2week notice, per diems/temps do not get benefits. also their location is not near any freeways.

recognize your staff more

An Extremely dysfunctional Place To Work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Del Amo Hospital for more than a year

Pros

Located in the Southbay section of Los Angeles. Friendly co-workers, employee's really try to make a difference in the lives of the patients.

Cons

The corporation that owns this hospital is runs it on a shoe string budget even though the company makes 5-10 Billion dollars annually. The CEO of Del Amo encourages and supports a negative and hostile environment. The managers are hand picked from friends by the CEO and are poorly trained. The managers "pick on" and harass the employee's sanctioned by the CEO. Employee's are constantly threatened to be written up or fired if they are 1 minute early or late from a break, even though time clocks are not near every work station. The pay is well below average except for management. If you don't believe the pay is bad, call Del Amo and asked them. If they don't tell you right away, there's your answer.

My advice to potential applicants: Do Not Work Here, unless there is a serious management overhaul from CEO on down.

Advice to Corporate - Hire a qualified CEO. It's your only way to be legitimate and reputable. Get rid of unqualified managers and Directors. Hire a qualified nurse manager. Everyone knows in the industry that your Nurse Manager should have more than 60 units of college credit. It's generally a Masters degree in Nursing. Increase your pay to attract seasoned and well trained nurses to your hospital. Hiring new grads to be trained by old new grads that never worked anywhere else is a recipe for disaster.

It opened me to the experience of inpatient care--that was a treasure.

Former Employee - Case Worker  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Case Worker in Torrance, CA

I worked at Del Amo Hospital part-time for less than a year

Pros

To work hands on with patients with varied mental health diagnosis.

Cons

it was Per Diem. Too few hours, no hours or supervision towards my completion to sit my state examination.

Hire less Per Diem positions and offer more incentives for interns.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Del Amo Hospital needs a management makeover

Former Employee - Department Director  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Department Director in Torrance, CA

I worked at Del Amo Hospital

Pros

Feels like a big family

Cons

underpaid and understaffed compared to industry standard. Very disrespectful management staff

Do yourself and your staff a favor. Resign. You have double standards, unethical and play favorites. Much of what goes on as far as management decisions based on emotion and not team lead common sense decision. Seem to reward incompetence. Management felt giving a "gift" if allowed to take time off (21 days per year including, sick days, holidays and "flex days" which are days we were asked to go home and use PTO even for those of us who had worked there for over a decade. Upper management could do what they wanted however) expected to work long hours in management positions with little or no recognition and informed, "management should not expect pats on the back". Strongarmed in to giving money for events, charity, parties and to attend numerous events called "service excellence" Other managers afraid to speak up as would be painted as "trouble makers" and thus be shunned and eventually pushed out.

Worked for Del Amo Hospital? Contribute to the Community!