Del Frisco's Restaurant Group

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

2.8

Mark S. Mednansky

Keep your nose to the ground

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great to have benefits like 401k and health insurance at a restaurant job. Makes you feel like you have a career rather than a job.

Cons

Don't even think about requesting time off unless you want to be reminded of your time off every time they need something. Don't bother going to management or god forbid senior management if you have a problem. They will solve your problem quickly by letting you go. It'll take a month or two, but all of a sudden your smallest guest complaint or ticket write up will get you fired.

Your biggest asset is your staff - you should remember that. People shouldn't feel like their jobs are in danger if they make a wave or have a problem.

A good job for someone who needs money, fast paced, hard to move up.

Current Employee - Busser  in  Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Busser in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great potential, good food, great benefits if full time. Some of the managers are very nice but a few are constantly in a bad mood and look for things to nit pick you about. Great coworkers, always very nice and uplifting.

Cons

The management in the Southlake location hate their jobs so instead of attending customer needs they hide in their office. The managers are never on the same page which obviously becomes difficult for the employees as they give you conflicting instructions. Constantly over hiring causing there to be a shortage of hours for the other employees.

Communicate better with the employees and work with them instead of against them.

Very very disappointing

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group for more than 8 years

Pros

High energy - it's asking me for 20 words. I am struggling for this. So I need to just type anything.

Cons

HR is turning this company into darden. The year I left was 2013. Once this company went public they forgot what allowed them to become public. Also they hire anyone to fill a hole.

Support your managers. Working 60-75 hours a week for a company that is itching to fire you anyway - their culture is to find things right. Good luck with that. It's like the movie office space. You have 8 managers waiting for you to do something wrong so they can tell u

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Eye-opening experience, good and bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is so so. It just depends on the store. Great insurance. Learned a lot about the food industry while working there. I also met many people from all walks of life.

Cons

Pay isn't aligned with knowledge, experience, and seniority. Prepare to be deceived when trying to move into management. They'll try and make you believe that there's hope for you when there's really not. Even when you have the talent, managerial, and people skills to exceed expectations. Favoritism is definitely shown to unqualified employees. Turnover rate is high because they don't treat they're employees with respect. Also, give steady schedules. There is no reason to go from working 3 days to 6 days then 4 within a months time.

Give everyone a fair chance at getting promoted. Value the employees that you have. Increasing a pay rate to a couple of dollars more from when an employee first begin to a few years later is unacceptable. Especially when the begin pay was already low. Overall, they get 2 stars and that's only because of their great insurance.

DFRG

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting company to work for. A few egos to deal with, but it is part of the culture of the business and the customers. They value their employees, especially in the restaurants, above all else. Operationally, there are some core issues and systems that need to be structured better. However, the scrappy, boastful, yet humble approach can have its perks too.

Cons

Work life balance. Lack in consistency of direction or authority. Squeaky wheels get greased without perfomance.

Great pay, great benefits

Former Employee - Server  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Server in New York, NY

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time

Pros

Place is very busy and high price point, makes for a profitable waitress job

Cons

Very physically demanding, guests an management demanding

Really fun place to work, great structure and hospitality

Pros

Almost all staff is really nice and knowledgeable...pay is great around holiday season

Cons

management thinks they are better than all of their employees..they talk down to staff

Be honest with new hires and don't promise them promotions just to fill a hostessing position

Friendly environment, good management support

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group

Pros

Work life balance, friendly management

Cons

Can't think of any, generally good experience

Steak house trying their fortune at the Stock Market, leaving their values behind that made them great at one time.

Former Employee - Chef  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Chef in Denver, CO

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Line level employees make this chain restaurant successful, not the vision of upper or middle management

Cons

Harsh management styles, no appreciation for the "human" factor that keeps these restaurants running, too much focus on bottom line and greedy

Thorough assessment of each restaurant needed to weed out management that under-perform.

Happy for the fine dining experience but never want to work there ever again.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

High tabs, high-end clientele, great benefits if you can last working there for 2 years. Wine class was amazing and opportunities to pursue sommelier certification.

Cons

Extremely sexist still, male waiters are almost always given the better parties/tables. Management does not care about how they treat you. Requested off Easter 2 months in advance and still had to work with 30 other servers (constantly overstaffed) and only had 11 covers in a 9 hour shift (also male coworkers who requested off much later than I had received the day off). They tried to always make me work in the bar area because I am attractive female (Where's my 15 top that I can get 3 magnums on??). It was nearly impossible to get coworkers to come all the way across the restaurant to help me swarm and run food.

Get rid of the old school thinking. When I was there the majority of the female waitstaff were single working moms. How are they supposed to feed their kids when you blatantly deny them bigger sections? It wasn't like they were incapable, everyone goes through the same rigorous training program with promise of a big payday. Out of every female I worked with, I can only think of one who could not handle it and did not deserve a good section.

Worked for Del Frisco's Restaurant Group? Contribute to the Community!