Del Frisco's Restaurant Group Reviews

3.2
Mark S. Mednansky

1. Great Place to work

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group part-time

Pros

Great atmosphere focused on teamwork

Cons

I work at one of the Del Frisco's Grille locations and it seems DFRG doesnt know what it wants to accomplish with the Grille brand as a whole.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am currently employed by Del Frisco's as a full-time server as I am working and going to school. This is my first time as a server and during my orientation I was very pleasantly surprised at all of the benefits that this company offers each of their employees. The ability to get vision, medical, and dental coverage is so great and the price is even better. My managers are great and after meeting some of the people from "home office" (corporate), it seems like they have the best interest of their employees in mind. The managers have also been very receptive to the idea of me advancing with the restaurant and are always willing to work with me when I need to take time off for school or personal matters. I'm very happy working for this group.

Cons

I'm sure everyone feels this way but I wish we had some better equipment at the restaurant from corporate. We've been promised a polisher and new espresso machine so that will be great. I just wish we could update some things.

Advice to Management

Please keep track of how some employees are doing and working with others. If something is not working or lining up, and the problem persists, find a replacement. It is so awful when going through a dinner service and you have one person on the team bringing everyone down or making things difficult. Restaurant staff can be filled with a lot of divas.

3. Fun place, great money. Joker management

Former Employee - Server in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything is expensive so if you do your job right you will get tipped 20% and make great money. All of the staff is friendly and fun to work with.

Cons

Bartenders have to share their tips with each other every shift. So if you get stuck with a lazy bones co-worker you'll find yourself woking twice a hard and splitting the money 50/50. NOT COOL. Management... jokers straight up jokers. They act like they apart of some elite secret society because they wear suits to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Place real people in charge and stop treating employees like garbage just because you have a blazer on. Act like you work in a restaurant and not a fortune 500 company. You serve food and drinks. You are not changing the world .

5. Need to have tough skin and be able to deal with subpar management

Current Employee - Server; Trainer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Server; Trainer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team of people. Great food, great service. Lots of fun. Awesome benefit package. Great money.

Cons

Managers don't care about work/life balance. Sidework should never take 2 hours. Management is clueless when it comes to how to cut sections and how to assign sidework appropriately.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team. Hire more polishers and rollers. Hold DMO/polishers accountable.

6. Good ppl bad pay

Current Employee - Server in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Server in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the ppl I work with and the resturant is very pretty and brand new. Kitchen all speaks English

Cons

They pay is horrible. Nobody ever makes money. Too many servers on the floor chart all the time management doesn't seem to care.

Advice to Management

If you really care about ur staff being happy u epild trust them enough to have larger sections and handle more tables

7. Disappointing

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager

Pros

The staff are great and the reason I love coming to work :)

Cons

No work life balance. Hired at 50-55 hours a week, and work closer to 60. Only one week vacation, and attitude any time you ask off. Home office can never make up their minds about food, very inconsistent. Not the culture I was sold on during the interviews.

Advice to Management

Your managers work long hours, in two story restaurants with incredibly high expectations. You need to understand that happy, well cared for managers will go above and beyond for a company that helps them balance their work life schedule. Mandatory 11 hour days that easily turn into 12-13 hours aren't an issue when you know a shorter shift is on the schedule (an occasional 9 hour day is a wonderful thing in our industry). Work smarter, not harder.

8. Once was great, Now Slipping

Former Employee - Server in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Server in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Healthcare, 401k Awesome CEO. Great training program.

Cons

Company took a turn after going public. Started paying asst managers and chef's crap pay. Company is losing a lot of talent. No sense being a manager for 45,000 when you can do that at chili's and make 5-10 k more. They will tout their bonus program, but if you aren't in a Del frisco's you won't make bonus. Sales are down at the Grille and sullian's concepts

9. Waiter/ bartender New York

Former Employee - Server in Astoria, NY
    Former Employee - Server in Astoria, NY

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

High income waiter bartender job

Cons

Late nights Very physical work

Advice to Management

Not necessary to micro manage so much. Good for your ego not so much for the restaurant

10. Server/bartender job. New York

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in New York, NY

Pros

Great benefits. High income great location

Cons

Late hours weekends very physical job

Advice to Management

Micro managing too excess is a negative good for your ego bad for restaurant

11. room to grow

I worked at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group full-time

Pros

If you like to be around people and be on your feet not behind a desk its great. the company has great room for growth. with restaurants popping up all across the country there is lots of opportunity to move up and around! they really do care about their employees

Cons

long hours, long nights. EVERY Tuesday every manager in the entire company has to stay to do inventory

RSS Feed </> Embed