Delaware North Companies

Delaware North Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Delaware North Companies Chairman & CEO Jeremy M. Jacobs

Jeremy M. Jacobs

Pros:
  • "The people I worked with and friendships made carried on outside of the work environment"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Good work life balance in off season"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours, fast food like environment, little room for growth"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Upper management likes to micro-manage, and rarely asks for employee input"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Unhealthy work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are plenty of challenges and changes to the management environment that needs to be accomplished.
    Providing a better and safer environment for employees and guests would be a very rewarding option to employment at this location.

ConsThe work environment, management, etc. is very unhealthy. Intimidation is very alive and well at this location. There is one upper management individual that intimidates, lies, and rules over the employees. This individual is very dysfunctional and has much power by endorsing lies, spying among the employees and backstabbing.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and retire this individual that has such control over others. Also let the individuals that buy into this culture go. A thorough clean house needs to be done. Until this happens all projects, improvements, etc. cannot be carried out for future goals, improvements to the customer service that is needed, etc. is carried out. Saw many good individuals come and go that tried to make positive changes only to be let go because of the exposure of this individuals' real reputation. The current CEO wants to make these improvements, however, cannot carry out these items until the house cleaning is complete. This individual has already begun to back stab and undermine the new CEO. A monster in a nice suit and behind a fake smile.

Fun Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRoom for growth. Many locations to relocate to if you find the right job. Plenty of opportunity to find the fight job to match your skillset.

ConsRepetitiveness of some job functions can be a downer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting from within.

Toxic work enviroment

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThe people you meet at the airport. Full benefits.

ConsWide spread anger and frustration. Run by bullies. Dysfunctional processes. Poorly trained employees. High turnover. Poor staffing. Inadequate storage and food handling. Ineffective management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain middle level managers to address problems in a professional, effective and respectful manner.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company

Information Analyst I (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsLike working in innovative IT and growing my IT skills

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace technology and learn to grow with new innovative ways to better production

I Would Rather be Working for This Company Than Working With Anyone Else

Middle Management (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, beautiful venues and facilities. If you are a lover of gaming, retail, food, destinations that are breath taking and sports; than this is the company to work for. Great exposure to other units best practices through travel, conferences and conference calls.

ConsHard work, long hours but well worth the effort. You get what you give. Put in the work and you can be recognized for your dedication. Be prepared to not work a normal 9-5. Even in those positions that could be considered 9-5 flexibility is a must. You will work evenings and weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the future. Technology is growing and gaining momentum daily. Stay on or ahead of the growth to ensure guest service does not suffer.

Good seasonal work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a good part time job.

ConsNot enough hours if you want full time opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with employees more to see what they are looking for

Fun environment, good team, but little room for advancement if unable to move

Sous Chef (Current Employee)

ProsCreative freedom, fun environment, well run operation

ConsTerrible work /life balance. Be prepared to work 80 hours a week

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to pay reasonable wages to hourly employees to be able to maintain a professional and loyal staff.

Hospitality at its Best

Suites Captain (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsPromotions, Flexibility of schedule, Great Atmosphere, Depending on location of venue there are excellent opportunities to see great concerts and sports

ConsNot really many cons. Like every hospitality position you will be sometimes overworked and under paid from bending over backwards for a client only to be left empty handed, and sometimes your client may blame you for others' mistakes or their ideas of service were not fulfilled as the imagined so the best thing to do is learn from it and minimize errors by being resourceful.

Advice to Senior ManagementA properly trained staff should be held to a certain level of performance, when there is someone bringing the team down and causing trouble for the rest of the staff discipline is necessary.

Management by intimidation.

Management (Former Employee)
    Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsSalary and benefits are good.

ConsNot worth it for what they do to you. Have worked 28 hour days (that is not a typo). Everything is political, reviews are not based on objective criteria but how skilled you are at butt kissing. Only company in North America where it's a disadvantage to be male.

Advice to Senior ManagementCentralize control of the company. Independent COO's = fiefdoms.

Disorganized and no communication.

Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee)
    Syracuse, NY

ProsI worked at an airport as a Snack Bar Attendant. There were a lot of fun people to work with. Also not bad pay for what the job was. The overtime rate is awesome, and I worked a lot of overtime.

ConsWhere I worked it was extremely disorganized. I worked at an airport, and there were days I would work 12 hour days (Awesome overtime rates!), but I would get a call to go to another retail store in the airport, then run into my supervisor halfway there and get yelled at for leaving my current store (which did have another employee there), even though I got a call two minutes before to switch. No communication and disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work on organization and communication within their divisions.

Worked for Delaware North Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Delaware North Companies Videos

Delaware North Companies – Why Work for Us?

Delaware North: A Hospitality Management Company A GLOBAL LEADER IN HOSPITALITY AND FOOD SERVICE Providing memorable experiences is nothing new for Delaware North. We’ve been doing it for nearly 100 years in many of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delaware North Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Delaware North Companies CEO Jeremy M. Jacobs . All 130 reviews posted anonymously by Delaware North Companies employees.