Delegata Reviews

Kais Menoufy

1. Tremendous growth with the company but need stable management team

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Delegata full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Delegata treats and respects it's employees. Lots of activities, group training and fun stuff with free food.

Cons

No proper management staff. Hard to get hold of managers to discuss any concerns.

Advice to Management

Have clear and available managers to hear to their teams. Focus on employee growth not just the company.

They Are A Unstable Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Delegata (Less than a year)

Pros

Delegata values Quality over quantity and the team is very committed to their vision. The offices are very nice and extravagant. The management team promises growth and transformation within individuals. They have a very fasted paced attitude, in a dynamic environment, with a very entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

They are to focused on the big picture and vision that they forget about finishing the work. The CEO has his own mindset of how he wants things done. Everyone else apart of the team wants something different then him. They have a very high turnover rate within their company.

Advice to Management

Keep the faith! Invest more time and money into your employees & they'll probably stay longer. Work on building more trust within individuals and not just fancy buildings.

Worst company to work for!! Terrible employer and management, slave driver, high turnover and lacks management skills!

I worked at Delegata

Pros

The place is nicely decorated with items from the CEO's travels. Talented and hard working people.

Cons

This company knows how to put on a show to the public; behind the fancy doors and events they throw, the CEO and management are not who they are inside. If you want to work for an employer that stresses you out, low wages for long work hours, no personal life, embarrasses you, be yelled at, makes your work life miserable, unappreciative, belittles, makes you cry, get laid off quick, low morale, and a CEO who spends more on fancy decors and expensive events rather than invest in his employees, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Take management training classes on how to manage people; disrespecting and working people 50-70 hours a week with low wages are not a great way to keep talented and hard working people. CEO needs to practice what he preaches and invest in his employees.

Stockholm Syndrome

I worked at Delegata full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the employees at Delegata are some of the most hard working individuals you will ever meet. The office is beautiful, and employees will learn a lot during their time there.

Cons

Delegata has several problem areas. First, there is far too much emphasis on needless processes. You will see this on day 1 when you go through 8 hours of training for things that are wholly irrelevant for your job. You will also see this repeated throughout the many, many meetings in which employees much guess as to what information they should relay, as the expectations change weekly. But first there will be a meeting to discuss proper meeting etiquette. Second, the jobs are salaried. This is done so that Delegata can pay their employees $20,000 - $40,000 per year, but expect them to work 12 hour days, be on call 24/7, and work weekends. However, there are several "advisers" and managers who make $100,000+ per year, but work four hour days. That being said, there are also several managers who work 70 hour weeks and thoroughly earn their salary. Regardless, employees should be compensated fairly for the work they provide, and should only work reasonable business hours. If you work at Delegata, expect Delegata to become your life. There is zero room for work-life balance. Third, there should never be a time in which management, especially the CEO, makes employees cry. If your management cannot speak to employees in a professional manner, they should not be managers. There were several times where each employee, especially support staff, were reduced to tears in their office due to stress, exhaustion, and being berated by management. The running joke became that employees became close to each other and wouldn't leave because they had Stockholm syndrome.

Advice to Management

Look at the work your support staff performs, and compensate them fairly. Additionally, realize that Delegata is just a job to them, and allow them to have a life outside of the business. If you require your employees to work nights, weekends, and be on call, then you should most likely be hiring more staff or be compensating your staff for their time worked.

Focus on wrong area

I worked at Delegata

Pros

Beautiful location, the building is right next to a nature reservation. The interior is high quality everything. Provides free snacks.

Cons

CEO is extremely obsessed with high quality and his own image in everything BUT doesn't value his employees welfare. He will work you to the bones for low pay AND not recognize the work. He pays your salary and that is it. Even if you have travel expenses, or you shopped for the company after hours on his direction, he won't pay one extra cent.

Advice to Management

Invest some of that money into your employees & they'll stay longer & work harder for you. They'll want to do more & feel like you aren't taking advantage of them.

Delegata Response

May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback as we are always looking to improve how we operate. At Delegata, we are absolutely dedicated to quality in everything that we do and we greatly ... More

7. High Growth Opportunity

I have been working at Delegata full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Constantly challenged at the next step of personal capability 2. Allowed to contribute to things that just need to get done without having to gain permission 3. Diverse opportunities to contribute to; so, one never gets bored

Cons

1. 9-5 contractors can contribute much to their own personal growth or to company equity since they don't really fit the business model well

Advice to Management

Hire more employees that can build more of the desired culture.

Delegata actually does care about its employees

Former Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Delegata full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Delegata hired me despite some restrictions you had physically (Progressive Multiple Sclerosis). 2. Delegata treated me well and I had a great relationship with the CEO. He was always honest and straightforward with me. 3. The job was challenging and did require effort and coordination, but teamwork with others was strong. 4. The pay was at least as high as competitors for the work assigned. 5. The company accommodated my level of work capacity until I finally had to retire from the workforce due to disability.

Cons

I am not sure that I had any bad experiences.

Delegata is probably the best company that I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Delegata is probably the best company that I have ever worked for, which seems pretty remarkable to me because I have worked for ten companies in my career, many big and a few small. The difference is that Delegata values quality above all else. Lots of companies have vision, mission, and culture statements; many of them include quality. But Delegata believes in it. No company is perfect, from my experience. Mistakes happen. Grousing happens. Market upticks and downticks happen. The ‘good guys’ don’t always win. Still, to have found a company that exudes my biggest value is so rare that I celebrate the opportunity to be here almost every day. What does Delegata mean by quality? What do I mean by quality? That’s tough to nail down, because everyone has their own sense of quality, and it is more of a belief than a result. Quality seems to me to be somewhat synonymous with excellence, i.e., going far and away beyond what most people would do to solve a problem, finish a task, or make a customer smile. It is also somewhat synonymous with extraordinary value – not the kind someone claims they did, but the kind that lights up a customer’s face. Quality is going beyond expectation to provide an excellent product or service with lasting value. That is why I recommend Delegata to anyone who is seeking more – more than what the restrictions of big companies allow; more than the frenetic pace of small companies permit; more than what passes for good work. It is a great place to share your beliefs with diverse, but similarly-minded people.

Cons

Advice to Management

Keep the faith! Keep growing! Keep working out the kinks.

10. Amazing people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people: Delegata is made up of committed and talented people who work hard to deliver quality results to clients and to collaborate and learn from each other. The pace: No two days are the same - each is full of it's own challenges and opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes it can seem like there is a lack of focus: so many great ideas, so little time!

Advice to Management

Maintain and continue to communicate the vision.

11. Less is More

Current Employee - Senior Principal in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast pace, dynamic environment, entrepreneurial spirit. Great place for self-starters and those who are highly self-motivated to step up and take on a challenge. The company can move quickly and accomplish more relative to its small size.

Cons

Can be overwhelming to those with less experience in working in a high-demand entrepreneurial environment.

Advice to Management

Invest more into the professional development of the employees, build more diversity across generations.

RSS Feed </> Embed