Delegata Reviews

2.8

Kais Menoufy

High Growth Opportunity

I have been working at Delegata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Constantly challenged at the next step of personal capability
    2. Allowed to contribute to things that just need to get done without having to gain permission
    3. Diverse opportunities to contribute to; so, one never gets bored

Cons

1. 9-5 contractors can contribute much to their own personal growth or to company equity since they don't really fit the business model well

Hire more employees that can build more of the desired culture.

Stockholm Syndrome

I worked at Delegata full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many of the employees at Delegata are some of the most hard working individuals you will ever meet. The office is beautiful, and employees will learn a lot during their time there.

Cons

Delegata has several problem areas. First, there is far too much emphasis on needless processes. You will see this on day 1 when you go through 8 hours of training for things that are wholly irrelevant for your job. You will also see this repeated throughout the many, many meetings in which employees much guess as to what information they should relay, as the expectations change weekly. But first there will be a meeting to discuss proper meeting etiquette.

Second, the jobs are salaried. This is done so that Delegata can pay their employees $20,000 - $40,000 per year, but expect them to work 12 hour days, be on call 24/7, and work weekends. However, there are several "advisers" and managers who make $100,000+ per year, but work four hour days. That being said, there are also several managers who work 70 hour weeks and thoroughly earn their salary. Regardless, employees should be compensated fairly for the work they provide, and should only work reasonable business hours. If you work at Delegata, expect Delegata to become your life. There is zero room for work-life balance.

Third, there should never be a time in which management, especially the CEO, makes employees cry. If your management cannot speak to employees in a professional manner, they should not be managers. There were several times where each employee, especially support staff, were reduced to tears in their office due to stress, exhaustion, and being berated by management. The running joke became that employees became close to each other and wouldn't leave because they had Stockholm syndrome.

Look at the work your support staff performs, and compensate them fairly. Additionally, realize that Delegata is just a job to them, and allow them to have a life outside of the business. If you require your employees to work nights, weekends, and be on call, then you should most likely be hiring more staff or be compensating your staff for their time worked.

Focus on wrong area

I worked at Delegata

Pros

Beautiful location, the building is right next to a nature reservation. The interior is high quality everything. Provides free snacks.

Cons

CEO is extremely obsessed with high quality and his own image in everything BUT doesn't value his employees welfare. He will work you to the bones for low pay AND not recognize the work. He pays your salary and that is it. Even if you have travel expenses, or you shopped for the company after hours on his direction, he won't pay one extra cent.

Invest some of that money into your employees & they'll stay longer & work harder for you. They'll want to do more & feel like you aren't taking advantage of them.

Delegata Response

May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback as we are always looking to improve how we operate. At Delegata, we are absolutely dedicated to quality in everything that we do and we greatly ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Delegata is probably the best company that I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Delegata is probably the best company that I have ever worked for, which seems pretty remarkable to me because I have worked for ten companies in my career, many big and a few small. The difference is that Delegata values quality above all else. Lots of companies have vision, mission, and culture statements; many of them include quality. But Delegata believes in it.

No company is perfect, from my experience. Mistakes happen. Grousing happens. Market upticks and downticks happen. The ‘good guys’ don’t always win.

Still, to have found a company that exudes my biggest value is so rare that I celebrate the opportunity to be here almost every day.

What does Delegata mean by quality? What do I mean by quality? That’s tough to nail down, because everyone has their own sense of quality, and it is more of a belief than a result. Quality seems to me to be somewhat synonymous with excellence, i.e., going far and away beyond what most people would do to solve a problem, finish a task, or make a customer smile. It is also somewhat synonymous with extraordinary value – not the kind someone claims they did, but the kind that lights up a customer’s face. Quality is going beyond expectation to provide an excellent product or service with lasting value.

That is why I recommend Delegata to anyone who is seeking more – more than what the restrictions of big companies allow; more than the frenetic pace of small companies permit; more than what passes for good work. It is a great place to share your beliefs with diverse, but similarly-minded people.

Cons

Keep the faith! Keep growing! Keep working out the kinks.

Delegata actually does care about its employees

Former Employee - Recruiting Assistant  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Delegata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Delegata hired me despite some restrictions you had physically (Progressive Multiple Sclerosis).
    2. Delegata treated me well and I had a great relationship with the CEO. He was always honest and straightforward with me.
    3. The job was challenging and did require effort and coordination, but teamwork with others was strong.
    4. The pay was at least as high as competitors for the work assigned.
    5. The company accommodated my level of work capacity until I finally had to retire from the workforce due to disability.

Cons

I am not sure that I had any bad experiences.

Confusing, disrespectful, peculiarly formal, antiquated and a rapidly sinking ship as a company.

I worked at Delegata as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Delegata's office is a grand showroom of their ambitions to be a player in the Management Consulting field. The staff are intelligent and capable.

Cons

The CEO does not know what he's doing. The leadership and staff are afraid of him. Delegata is not an environment where your talents will be enabled, just the opposite.

The CEO is a kind and decent person but he's so obviously in the wrong role for his abilities. While the CEO remains in place, this company will continue on its downward business vector.

Amazing people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people: Delegata is made up of committed and talented people who work hard to deliver quality results to clients and to collaborate and learn from each other.
    The pace: No two days are the same - each is full of it's own challenges and opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes it can seem like there is a lack of focus: so many great ideas, so little time!

Maintain and continue to communicate the vision.

Less is More

Current Employee - Senior Principal  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast pace, dynamic environment, entrepreneurial spirit. Great place for self-starters and those who are highly self-motivated to step up and take on a challenge. The company can move quickly and accomplish more relative to its small size.

Cons

Can be overwhelming to those with less experience in working in a high-demand entrepreneurial environment.

Invest more into the professional development of the employees, build more diversity across generations.

Highest turnover I have ever seen. No future for professional grow.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Delegata

Pros

It has very nice office, white piano and lots of arts on the walls. Management promise lots of good things that are going to happen in the future (only new employees are buying it).

Cons

Very high turnover (close to 100% a year)
    Very low morale
    Luck of trust at all levels
    Low wages
    Very expensive health benefits

Give up on wasting money on fancy office and outside glance. Invest in own people. Build more trust within the company.

Terrible. Run, don't walk away from working at this company. Complete lack of respect for employees from leadership.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Delegata

Pros

I still have a job.

Cons

This is the most painful place I have ever worked. No chance of advancement, because only a favored few are advanced and kept in these places of trust. If you say one thing that is perceived by the owner as "wrong" then you will NEVER have a chance to go anywhere and your days at the company are numered. If your contract ends at a client site, then so does your job, even though we are told that no one will be let go if we are on the bench. The company states that it has high ethics, but this is not practiced in reality. Many things are being done that should not be overlooked by the client. Very bad. Very low moral and high employee turnover, even in this bad economy!

Become better people. Show respect to employees. The owner needs to learn to respect others and listen, stop thinking he knows everything. Get rid of the "bad apples", the unethical employees (you know who they are, since you have been told over and over about them). Practice what you preach!

Worked for Delegata? Contribute to the Community!