Delegata

Add Photos

Kais Menoufy

High Growth Opportunity

Pros1. Constantly challenged at the next step of personal capability
    2. Allowed to contribute to things that just need to get done without having to gain permission
    3. Diverse opportunities to contribute to; so, one never gets bored

Cons1. 9-5 contractors can contribute much to their own personal growth or to company equity since they don't really fit the business model well

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees that can build more of the desired culture.

Focus on wrong area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeautiful location, the building is right next to a nature reservation. The interior is high quality everything. Provides free snacks.

ConsCEO is extremely obsessed with high quality and his own image in everything BUT doesn't value his employees welfare. He will work you to the bones for low pay AND not recognize the work. He pays your salary and that is it. Even if you have travel expenses, or you shopped for the company after hours on his direction, he won't pay one extra cent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest some of that money into your employees & they'll stay longer & work harder for you. They'll want to do more & feel like you aren't taking advantage of them.

Delegata Response

May 30, 2014

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback as we are always looking to improve how we operate. At Delegata, we are absolutely dedicated to quality in everything that we do and we greatly ... More

Delegata is probably the best company that I have ever worked for.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsDelegata is probably the best company that I have ever worked for, which seems pretty remarkable to me because I have worked for ten companies in my career, many big and a few small. The difference is that Delegata values quality above all else. Lots of companies have vision, mission, and culture statements; many of them include quality. But Delegata believes in it.

Still, to have found a company that exudes my biggest value is so rare that I celebrate the opportunity to be here almost every day.

What does Delegata mean by quality? What do I mean by quality? That’s tough to nail down, because everyone has their own sense of quality, and it is more of a belief than a result. Quality seems to me to be somewhat synonymous with excellence, i.e., going far and away beyond what most people would do to solve a problem, finish a task, or make a customer smile. It is also somewhat synonymous with extraordinary value – not the kind someone claims they did, but the kind that lights up a customer’s face. Quality is going beyond expectation to provide an excellent product or service with lasting value.

That is why I recommend Delegata to anyone who is seeking more – more than what the restrictions of big companies allow; more than the frenetic pace of small companies permit; more than what passes for good work. It is a great place to share your beliefs with diverse, but similarly-minded people.

ConsNo company is perfect, from my experience. Mistakes happen. Grousing happens. Market upticks and downticks happen. The ‘good guys’ don’t always win.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the faith! Keep growing! Keep working out the kinks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Delegata actually does care about its employees

Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

Pros1. Delegata hired me despite some restrictions you had physically (Progressive Multiple Sclerosis).
    2. Delegata treated me well and I had a great relationship with the CEO. He was always honest and straightforward with me.
    3. The job was challenging and did require effort and coordination, but teamwork with others was strong.
    4. The pay was at least as high as competitors for the work assigned.
    5. The company accommodated my level of work capacity until I finally had to retire from the workforce due to disability.

ConsI am not sure that I had any bad experiences.

Confusing, disrespectful, peculiarly formal, antiquated and a rapidly sinking ship as a company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDelegata's office is a grand showroom of their ambitions to be a player in the Management Consulting field. The staff are intelligent and capable.

ConsThe CEO does not know what he's doing. The leadership and staff are afraid of him. Delegata is not an environment where your talents will be enabled, just the opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is a kind and decent person but he's so obviously in the wrong role for his abilities. While the CEO remains in place, this company will continue on its downward business vector.

Amazing people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe people: Delegata is made up of committed and talented people who work hard to deliver quality results to clients and to collaborate and learn from each other.
    The pace: No two days are the same - each is full of it's own challenges and opportunities.

ConsSometimes it can seem like there is a lack of focus: so many great ideas, so little time!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain and continue to communicate the vision.

Less is More

Senior Principal (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsFast pace, dynamic environment, entrepreneurial spirit. Great place for self-starters and those who are highly self-motivated to step up and take on a challenge. The company can move quickly and accomplish more relative to its small size.

ConsCan be overwhelming to those with less experience in working in a high-demand entrepreneurial environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into the professional development of the employees, build more diversity across generations.

Highest turnover I have ever seen. No future for professional grow.

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsIt has very nice office, white piano and lots of arts on the walls. Management promise lots of good things that are going to happen in the future (only new employees are buying it).

ConsVery high turnover (close to 100% a year)
    Very low morale
    Luck of trust at all levels
    Low wages
    Very expensive health benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up on wasting money on fancy office and outside glance. Invest in own people. Build more trust within the company.

Terrible. Run, don't walk away from working at this company. Complete lack of respect for employees from leadership.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsI still have a job.

ConsThis is the most painful place I have ever worked. No chance of advancement, because only a favored few are advanced and kept in these places of trust. If you say one thing that is perceived by the owner as "wrong" then you will NEVER have a chance to go anywhere and your days at the company are numered. If your contract ends at a client site, then so does your job, even though we are told that no one will be let go if we are on the bench. The company states that it has high ethics, but this is not practiced in reality. Many things are being done that should not be overlooked by the client. Very bad. Very low moral and high employee turnover, even in this bad economy!

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome better people. Show respect to employees. The owner needs to learn to respect others and listen, stop thinking he knows everything. Get rid of the "bad apples", the unethical employees (you know who they are, since you have been told over and over about them). Practice what you preach!

Not a happy place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe main office is nice but too much money is spent on it and not on employees.

ConsHealth insurance too high too many favorites no hope of advancement. Ideals are great unless they are just words!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave CEO step aside completely he is the reason for high turnover of employees and is killing company HELP US

Worked for Delegata? Contribute to the Community!