Delex Systems

www.delex.com

Delex Systems Reviews

3.4

Edmund F Driscoll II

As an Administrative Assistant I thoroughly enjoyed supporting the Program.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Patuxent River, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Patuxent River, MD

I worked at Delex Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Delex Systems provided flexibility, good benefits and support.

Cons

I have no comments in this field.

If you don't work at corporate, you don't exist.

Former Employee - AIS in Lexington Park, MD
    Former Employee - AIS in Lexington Park, MD

I worked at Delex Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits package.

Cons

If you dont work for the corporate office and work in the field, you basically don't exist. You only exist to bring them money and they really, really don't care beyond that. Raises were crap unless you quit, then they throw a ton of money at you to stay. Here's a hint, if you give good raises to begin with, they won't have to quit to get it. Quitting to get more money is basically the norm here. I literally could not wait to quit and many felt the same way and already have left as well.

Pay attention to your field employees. Visit them more than once every few months.

Good

I worked at Delex Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good life/work balance, competitive pay and benefits, good 401k match. Upper management genuinely cares for employees. Vacation benefits are also good.

Cons

Contracts come and go, nature of working for a government contractor especially in this financial climate. All in all they did better than I expected in the many years I worked for them.

Delex

I have been working at Delex Systems full-time

Pros

Delex has great employees who know how to do their jobs very well, and as far as I am concerned it has been a great company.

Cons

The two main problems are the work is getting pretty scarce and some of the management needs to be taught how to be RESPONSIBLE managers, and encourage their teams when they are doing things right, etc...

Get involved with your employees, and find some work for your employees to do before they all get laid off.

Not necessarily exciting, but solid...

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Delex Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Family-oriented company, good work/life balance, flex scheduling, ability to work remotely, kind and understanding coworkers.

Cons

Salaries not very competitive; contract-based work tends to be rote, repetitive. Not a lot of mobility for certain positions (I was a Technical Writer who got two raises and got to participate in lots of different kinds of work, but there was absolutely nothing for me to get promoted to without more education).

Clarify career track options.

A company that listens to its employees.

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Delex Systems

Pros

Employees are listened to and their opinion is respected. Newsletter effectively used to pass on information about the company, changes in benefits, etc. Employee questions, whether personal or professional, are encouraged and you receive timely responses to questions / concerns. If you have a task or problem for a customer & you don't have the expertise, you have a slew of company resources or partners to help you find solutions. If the customer sends an "Atta-Boy" it is shared up the chain to senior management and comes back to you with additional endorsements.

Cons

Benefits could be increased, develop and disseminate training plans for your specialties to advance.

Continue meeting with and listening to your employees and keep up the good work.

A solid company

I worked at Delex Systems

Pros

Small company, but good for it's people. They turn out a great product which fills the niche very well.

Cons

Increased responsibility is difficult to get. The company is very stable, the job is very stable, but at the cost of upward growth for the employee.

Give people opportunities to grow and take on additional responsibilities....then reward them for it.

My time here at Delex Systems Inc

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Delex Systems

Pros

Doing lots of cool things for the customer. Willing to train when suits the needs of the customer.

Cons

Some of the worst mid level management I have ever experienced. Totally learned what not to do if ever given the opportunity to be a leader. Awesome retirement package but subpar health benefits.

Don't allow people to grandfather into positions of leadership at your locations where you provide support to your customers.

Conservatively managed firm offers opportunities.

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Delex Systems

Pros

Senior Management acts with integrity.

Cons

IT Department is (or was) challenged. Well meaning, but unresponsive at times.

Take an annual, anonymous survey of employee satisfaction.