Delhaize

www.delhaizegroup.com

Delhaize Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2014
Delhaize – Belgium – “osseghem straat”

Delhaize – Belgium – “osseghem straat”

Delhaize Group President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO Delhaize America Pierre-Olivier Beckers

Pierre-Olivier Beckers

Great Career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge organization with global potential for advancements. Great benefits with good structure from multiple corporate offices.

Consreactive in management decisions, tough competition!

No job is safe, It is all about the dollar

Manager (Former Employee) Albany, NY

ProsThere are a few benefits that they have not cut yet.

ConsOut of all the stores and Distribution Centers, I don't know of any long term employee who made it to retirement.
    They continue to cut everything from quality products to pay and jobs while continuing to raise prices and increasing executive bonus.
    The communication from Corporate is inconsistent and middle management is stepping on each other trying to stay out of the "target on your back zone."
    The knowledgeable and competent Managers have all left and the replacements don't know what they are doing and won't listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ( for the sake of the companies future) take a long hard look at your corporate management team. Measure where we were to where we are now. You can improve process and the bottom line without cutting pay and pushing knowledgeable people out.

Interesting experience at delhaize

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- average pay
    - average hours

Cons- Difficult to move up the scale

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I couldn't imagine that such a company exists and can be profitable

Coe Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsI have nothing to add

Consbureaucracy
    lack of meritocracy
    lack of managers with skills and knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementDont spend the money on managers that have no idea of the job. Its unfair for those who really have the knowledge and work hard and also risky for the company to keep such people in managerial positions.
    There is something strange with this company and the big boss should investigate it !!!

It was a great working experience

ProsPersonnel Development Program and opportunities for advancement

ConsNothing, everything was good. Won`t change anything

Advice to Senior ManagementGood work just keep the same way

Fair

ProsMy experience has been very positive. I have had great opportunities. My management team respects my work, and I have the freedom to challenge ideas. I recognize that this is partially due to having a good management team. I do find that people who work for people from larger companies (ie not homegrown small town city) tend to have a better work experience.

ConsSmall town attitudes still prevail. Benefits aren't that great - but depending on your area, compensation is fair and just. No tuition reimbursement, and management does not accept the telecommute policy put in place by HR.

Worked for Delhaize? Contribute to the Community!